My thoughts on the Z and G35

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 07:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My thoughts on the Z and G35

I saw one on the road today, guys I think this car looks like ASS in person. The rear looks fugly and the front looks to Mercedes Ish. I would love it if japan would stop trying to copy other cars and be original . I love certain japanese cars but why do they have to make these ugly hybrids.

On another note I like the look of the Z but would not buy one, it's becoming too mainstream already I know like 8 people who want one.

just my .02
Old 08-01-2002, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you are right bout the car being main stream, but are there gonna be many available?

i still think it looks good
Old 08-01-2002, 08:22 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: My thoughts on the Z and G35

Originally posted by eclipse23
...On another note I like the look of the Z but would not buy one, it's becoming too mainstream already I know like 8 people who want one...
...and your signature says that your getting an M3 - talk about ubiquitous
Old 08-01-2002, 08:29 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by INDIOKATS
you are right bout the car being main stream, but are there gonna be many available?
yes... nissan is building an INSANE amount of them...

the market will be flooded in no time
Old 08-01-2002, 08:31 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: My thoughts on the Z and G35

Originally posted by Slimey
this is for To* ryhmes with Bomb...
4 entries found for ubiquitous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ubiquitous

ubiquitous was Word of the Day on February 20, 2000.

Source: Dictionary.com Word of the Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u·biq·ui·tous Pronunciation Key (y-bkw-ts)
adj.
Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time; omnipresent: “plodded through the shadows fruitlessly like an ubiquitous spook” (Joseph Heller).

u·biqui·tous·ly adv.
u·biqui·tous·ness n.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

ubiquitous

\U*biq"ui*tous\, a. [See Ubiquity.] Existing or being everywhere, or in all places, at the same time; omnipresent. -- U*biq\"ui*tous*ly, adv.

In this sense is he ubiquitous. --R. D. Hitchcock.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Race Director

First G35 I ever saw it was ugly. Every time I see one it looks nicer and nicer. In black, it is pretty cool.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Your point is? Yeah I'm getting an M3 so what? I'm talking about Nissan here. Oh, since I've commited myself to another car I can't give my opinion on one?
Old 08-01-2002, 08:48 PM
'Cooter

Re: My thoughts on the Z and G35

On another note I like the look of the Z but would not buy one, it's becoming too mainstream already I know like 8 people who want one.
too mainstream??? u're getting an M3, just like a million other people have already the Z is no different than the CL...fresh design, lots of bang for the buck, etc. Nissan's putting a lot into the Z, yes, but we don't know for sure what the demand's gonna b...just like the CL, logic says sales of the CL should b right up there with the TL, but it didn't...who's to say the same isn't gonna happen to the Z?? people r so stupid when it comes to buying cars...they're like men and women who go after what they can't have (in this case afford)...they don't realize a good deal even if it slapped them in the face

just my 2 Abraham Lincoln's
Old 08-01-2002, 08:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Scooter

too mainstream??? u're getting an M3, just like a million other people have already the Z is no different than the CL...fresh design, lots of bang for the buck, etc. Nissan's putting a lot into the Z, yes, but we don't know for sure what the demand's gonna b...just like the CL, logic says sales of the CL should b right up there with the TL, but it didn't...who's to say the same isn't gonna happen to the Z?? people r so stupid when it comes to buying cars...they're like men and women who go after what they can't have (in this case afford)...they don't realize a good deal even if it slapped them in the face

just my 2 Abraham Lincoln's

M3? Mainstream? Well, if your looking at the heritage of the M3 then owning a car 30 years in development then call me a shoe in. The Z will be a great car, bang for the buck, etc.
What i am saying is that the Z is gonna explode on the market and that's a great thing for Nissan but I don't like owning a car I'll see 10 of a day (JUST MY OPINION) and where I live I don't see 10 new model M3's a day so that's non-mainstream enough for me.

Yeah, the CL was a great bang for the buck and one transmission later and a ton of first year issues I question whether buying a first year car is worth it. My final verdict on the new Z will be after 2-3 years when we see how the industry takes it, build quality and customer satisfaction.

The E46 M3 is going on year three and alot of the major issues seem shaked out so hopefully I wont have any major issues :praying:. That's the least we can hope for buying a 10K car or a 300K car.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:04 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel bad for the poor bastards that are going to pay thousands over sticker to get one. I remember when the Celica first came out.........it was the hottest looking car, but within a month or so, they were everywhere
Old 08-01-2002, 09:07 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Nicky Pass
I feel bad for the poor bastards that are going to pay thousands over sticker to get one. I remember when the Celica first came out.........it was the hottest looking car, but within a month or so, they were everywhere
just wait for the Roadster!!! markup up the a$$, but i'll still want 1 regardless!!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Nicky Pass

S2000 too, a lawyer I know paid 45K to own one of the first ones look now.....
Old 08-01-2002, 09:12 PM
The Creator

welp... the M3, yes... its all over the place. i was in boston this weekend... seems like every other car was an M3.

but their still hot and most people cant afford them.

the Z... while it may be hot, it is in a segment in which most middle class people can afford... same as the CL... the Z, will no doubt, be a huge seller. not only that, but with the amount their bulding.... they will be everywhere just like every other nissan.

i give it a year before their slashing the prices and offering below invoice just because they have SOO MANY of them.

same thing that has been done with max/altima/xterra etc etc etc and all infinitis.

anyway. both cars own me... I like the Z... but I dont like the 35k Nissan badge for one, 2 it will be everywhere, 3 im not confident in the build quality just yet.

the m3, i cant afford, if i could just afford... i wouldnt buy it. but if i had ALOT of EXTRA cash... id rock the fuck outta one without a doubt.

meanwhile... that new 350HP TT-RS is calling me.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Re: Re: Re: My thoughts on the Z and G35

Your point is? Yeah I'm getting an M3 so what? I'm talking about Nissan here. Oh, since I've commited myself to another car I can't give my opinion on one?
Your comment was that the Z is becoming too mainstream. I just thought that was interesting coming from someone proud that he's/she's purchasing an M3.

Amirsafdari seems to have defined ubiquitous for you. Get used to it.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Re: Re: Re: My thoughts on the Z and G35

Your comment was that the Z is becoming too mainstream. I just thought that was interesting coming from someone proud that he's/she's purchasing an M3.

Amirsafdari seems to have defined ubiquitous for you. Get used to it.

What's up your ass slimey? Don't be a hater all your life. Maybe one day someone will pet you on the head, tussle your hair and make you feel good about yourself. Don't waste your time raining on my parade and I won't entertain your hater posts.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:48 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Old 08-01-2002, 10:03 PM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

I agree if you know 8 people who want a z how many want an //M3. 80? If only BMW would make a sedan again I would get 1 to replace my 97 sedan, but instead got a gs430.
peace.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:08 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Not that i usually agree with the mainstream but what exactly is wrong with it if you like the car????

What are you looking for, exclusivity?? M3 is a bad choice in that case. You should've gotten a used NSX.

You'll fit right in with the Bimmer crowd.....mainstream..... :shakehd:
Old 08-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I never said that there is something wrong with wanting a car that everyone and their cousin has (so to speak). I just thought the comments about a Z not being unique was strange coming from someone whose own car choice is not that unique.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your M3.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Rx Master

Ill be the 1st online for the G35 coupe when it comes out if they would take my cl-s off my hands, i love my car, but i had a 98 maxima before my cl-s and i had no probs, and with my cl-s i lost tranny #1 at 25k, and then it leaked 3 times after that. I dont think with the way infinitis and nissans are made, that i would have a prob with them, cant wait to drive it cause ill just be counting the days till my lease is up,
wg
Old 08-02-2002, 12:22 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The M3 is a different beast!!!!!! I'd pay $50+ for one, but there is no way I'd pay mid to upper $30k for a car that will be all over the place within a month!!!!!! Media Hype is no good.........FOR CONSUMERS
Old 08-02-2002, 03:08 AM
Instructor

I saw a new Z on the road this week. It's pretty slick. If I were in the market for a 2 seater, I'd probably consider it. As for the M3 thing, I'm a bit biased. I live in LA. Everyone has BMWs here. I'll pass for now. Don't get me wrong, I love the M series. I drove a friends M5 and it practically scared me. Great cars, but anyone that pays retail (or over in the case of the M series) is in more of a hurry than me...
Old 08-02-2002, 06:51 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Zapata
Not that i usually agree with the mainstream but what exactly is wrong with it if you like the car????

What are you looking for, exclusivity?? M3 is a bad choice in that case. You should've gotten a used NSX.

You'll fit right in with the Bimmer crowd.....mainstream..... :shakehd:

Ernie, the M3 is just as mainstream, except u're just in another class of people from average middle class car owners...if u think u're being exclusive by buying the M3, u're right and wrong...u're right in the sense that not many people on this board can swing it, but u're wrong in the sense that u live amongst a population super saturated with M3 owners (Tri-state area)...total exclusivity includes NSX's, Viper's, SL55, CL55, etc.

here's a statement where i'll get flamed at, but i don't care: the base priced Infiniti Q45 is more exclusive than the M3 IMO cuz u never see it

keep in mind, Ernie, that i'm not a hater...u know how happy i am for u...from my perspective, your mainstream statement isn't accurate...we do NOT know how sales r going to b for the Z yet...Nissan could b propelled into the stratosphere with incredible sales, or it could fall into the gutter from lack of...massive production number of Z's means NOTHING...u gotta have the demand, and we won't know the demand until we see the sales numbers...tell u this, Nissan IS putting themselves out just like they did with the Altima...the Maxima wasn't as dramatic for them from a numbers perspective...if the Z is a flop, they r going to lose a LOT of money...Altima sales are doin good for them so far...so Nissan's crossin their fingers for high demand in the Z as well, otherwise as Adam said, prices are gonna freefall well below MSRP...i predict prices for the base 350Z will fall into the low $24 and change area, and the Touring will b about $30 even, not including options by late next summer...as far as the Roadster goes, i predict it's gonna debut around $36 and fall to around $33 by Spring '04, not including options
Old 08-02-2002, 09:13 AM
The Creator

how do we NOT know demand? its been the most talked about show car for the past 2-3 years... it has been featured on EVERY magazine cover for the past year.

and even here... where everyone HATES Nissan/Infiniti... we talk all day every day about the Z/G35

ininitial demand is there... without a doubt... this is backed up by the pre-order lists at dealerships... I last checked several months ago with a girl I know that works for a local dealership and they had a Z order list more then 20 people long of people who put DEPOSITS on it.

that is pretty crazy when there is SEVEN nissan/infiniti dealers within a 5 mile radius of that one.

demand is there... no question...

nissan feels the same which is why they bumped the number of units theyll be producing.