One-eyed monster

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One-eyed monster

So, my passenger side headlight has been dim (about 30% intensity) and 'vibrating' or flickering. At the same time both my brights were on but very dim (about 10% intensity) but when I turn on the brights, the entire passenger side would go off.
Now, the passenger side is totally off. I read a little bit on here and I am guessing it's the ballast...but why would the bright not work on the passenger side? Everything works fine on the driver side still. I switched light bulbs and problem persisted so I know it is not the light bulb.
Another question I have is where is the ballast in a 99 TL? Most of the threads talk about removing the headlight assembly and/or bumper, but I think mine is mounted on the black cover behind the light bulb. Can someone please help point me in the right direction..?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe you got some short circuit somewhere. its happened to me once before cuz my turn singal were out but once i changed it didnt happen anymore. the ballast is mounted underneath the headlight assembly and its pretty easy to remove only 3 screws
Old 08-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse for passenger side headlight (20A) was blown; replaced it but it only fixed the bright. Low beam is still off