I'm new and this is my 98 3.2 TL and my story behind it.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:05 AM
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm new and this is my 98 3.2 TL and my story behind it.

So um, Hi my names Charles and I'm new to the whole forum thing. I've never joined a forum to learn things before but I know this is the best way to learn and see all the different ideas and work that could be done on the 1st Gen TL. My first car and the only car i could picture myself ever owning is a 98 3.2 TL that I've had since i was a freshman in high school about 6 years ago. I've always wanted to get into doing more with my TL looking into VIP ideas and strongly like the Honda Inspire look a bit more then the Acura TL Emblems but I waited too long and came to a hiatus when my transmission broke down on the highway in 2011. Even during the 2 years of my car being broke down I never thought about replacing my TL instead I saved up until I could afford to buy a new transmission. I recently got my car running again last November in 2013 and besides scratches and my rear struts being completely crap and destroyed from swerving on the highway when it happened but besides that my car seems to be running greatly. I've been really wanting to use this come back to get motivated into going through with doing more with my TL but have little experience working on cars. After coming across this forum and seeing and reading all the great work people have done to their 1st Gens and seeing people that like the 1st Gen TL as much as I believe myself to. I figured joining this forum would teach me a few things and help me find out where or even how to start on these ideas. I live in a town of car fanatics and working on your car and such is a common thing. A lot of my friends have built or are still working on their cars so I learn things here and there but I still don't know a whole lot about cars but i know enough to not sound completely lost in a conversation about my own car. So I joined this forum cause I feel like I could learn a lot and stay interested in these threads especially since they're about 1st Gen TL's and such. Here are a couple of pictures of my 98 3.2 TL from about a week ago after going on a cruise with a few friends of mine after a car gathering the locals in my town had. The last 2 photos aren't the that great for my car but it shows the front and rear view pretty nicely. Ignore my ignorant friend flipping off the camera and my horrible MS Paint job to cover their faces and license plates. Sorry for my awkwardly long story/introduction paragraph. So here are some pics of my car and a few of my friends cars

Also it would be nice to here any opinions on which direction you'd take with my TL i think it's between the VIP look with black oem headlamps(don't remember the full name of the headlamps) or lowered with the Honda Inspire look and emblems with a small lip kit..sorry if those aren't very good descriptions on the looks that i'm thinking i'm still trying to learn all the different styles. But opinions pls. i'll catch onto the lingo soon
The following 2 users liked this post by JvlajinCharles:
justnspace (09-15-2014), Ken1997TL (09-02-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 85 Posts
Hey there, welcome! Sounds like you've covered the basics. Definitely lower it, black Inspire headlights, and maybe an Inspire grill would be a nice addition. A member on this forum (Go90go) has a few UA3 grills and goodies if you are looking to get any.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Welcome Charles!
The following users liked this post:
JvlajinCharles (09-13-2014)
Old 09-13-2014, 08:48 PM
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks, sorry I haven't checked up on the forum lately. I've been working a new job trying to save up a bit for my car. I think the black inspire lights are a done deal i love how they look, and a UA3 inspire grill would be beautiful and i'd be more then interested to see GoGo's selection of parts. I've seen a lot of his posts before I joined the forum and admired the work he put into his UA3. But I think right now I'm focusing on replacing my struts first. I came across these and strongly considering on buying them but but would like to hear opinions. Would these be a good choice to replace my blown factory struts with http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-SET-4-KYB-EXCEL-G-GR-2-SHOCKS-STRUTS-96-98-ACURA-TL-3-2L-ONLY-/330824585783?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAcura%7CModel%3ATL&hash=item4d06ae9237&vxp=mtr
Old 09-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 85 Posts
Those struts will do just fine as oem replacements. If you plan on lowering it in the future, I'd save up for that option instead. Let me know if you couldn't get in touch with Go90go because I know his inbox is almost always full and he doesn't come on here as much anymore.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:55 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
OMG! beautiful car and in great condition!

its pretty perfect! all I would do to it is to put a set of 04-06 base TL Stock wheels on it!