Got in an accident, what to do next

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:33 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got in an accident, what to do next

I just got in an accident today in a parking lot making a right turn. Hit a white car in the right front quarter pannel with my left front quarter pannel leaving my bumper, headlight, and quarter pannel in bad shape. In reaction to the accident i veered right and hit the curb which gave me a flat tire. Rims are in okay shape but the other parts look like they need to be replaced or some serious work done to them. Just looking for guidance with what i should do as far as parts etc.

-Do i need an entire new headlight, or is there just a housing available?
-Is it cheaper to order a non-oem bumper than a regular bumper?
-If you're in South Jersey, know of any good body shops that aren't too pricey?

No careless driving ticket, just an insurance raise coming most likely. No one was injured but my poor new car. 2006 w/ nav if that helps advice wise.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Intermediate

whats your collision deductable?? You got at least $750 of damage there. if your insurance is gonna go up, might as well make a claim out of it. I'd say go get some quotes, and see what your insurance can do for you.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:58 PM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both you and the other party are insured, correct? Did you file an accident report?

Isn't this what insurance is for - so you don't have to think about any of this stuff, and just let them handle it? Sucks that your baby's injured and all, but apart from getting bodyshop estiamtes, let insurance earn their money and take care of the minutia for you.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:18 PM
7th Gear

Yes both of us are insured and there was an accident report filed. Just trying to save some money by not having the body shop order all the parts. $500 deductable.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
i think you need to get the entire headlight.

I think if you found a non-oem bumper, it'll reduce the value of your car since it won't be entirely stock anymore.

Since you'll have to pay for the damages on the other car and your car, you'll need to get your insurance involved. Unless if you're rich enough to pay for all damages incurred....

If you're really trying to skimp out on paying for damages, you can probably get away with leaving your bumper like that. It'll be unsightly, but it'll be cheap ;-P The headlights you'll want to have replaced though. Perhaps maybe you'll want to go aftermarket headlights or something...
Old 02-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Berserker (+9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For me the cost in San Francisco for the front bumper, front left panel, headlight, balance, alignment, plus the other services came out to $2200+. Not sure what the other damage would be. Good thing it wasn't my fault and the other driver's insurance is taking care of it.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Instructor

looks EXACTLY like my 2002 tl-s. the side panel is most prob gonna be bent back and bumper replaced. they are gonna have to repaint the side panel from using their nifty tools to bend your panel back to perfect shape (dont worry, it will never be noticable, trust me) and paint/flex paint for the front bumper. they are goin to replace the headlight too, equating to about 3000 dollars. it sux, but make sure you learned your lesson 110% and youll be fine. 3000 dollars is a better lesson learned then a life. (this was all out of my pocket for my accident, no insurance was involved for me). btw go to your local acura dealer to get a recommendation, it wont be the cheepest but it will be to the highest quality