Car Washes - Toronto

Old 11-16-2003, 08:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Washes - Toronto

With the state of our current weather, and winter fast approaching, washing my cars by hand has offically ended. I live in the Bathurst/Eglinton area and would like to some car wash recommendations within a reasonable distance from my home.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrie
Old 11-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Racer

I tried the Sunoco touhless car wash the other day, and was pretty impressed. Try to find a newer Sunoco station or one with a newer Environmentally Friendly car wash. I've always used the ones at Esso, but I don't like to use their gas, and that will mean the car wash is $2 more.
The difference between the two is that for Sunoco, you have to ride their tracks, which worries me about scratched rims...but no worries once I have my winters on. And as for Esso, you just drive in and stay stationary while the machines washes around your car.
If you're looking for a hand wash, there's one on Lawrence/Avenue, but I don't think I trust them on my car...maybe, I'm just anal about it.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Intermediate

Thanks.....I'll try them out. I've been going to either Avenue/Lawrence or Bathurst/St.Clair. They're owned by the same people and they do the inside and out for $17.00. It's not bad, but in the winter, they're kind of sloppy in the interior. I switch my mats to rubber ones for the winter on both my cars and they just hose the things down, slop them around etc.

Ticks me off some times.

Lawrie
Old 11-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

Telco1- Dont let those shmucks wash your car at the car wash beside Pusateri's... they do horrible disservice to your car by personally washing it by hand with filthy rags that are full of dirt from washing other cars. Seriously, I've washed my older car there and recieved some nice swirls thanks to them.

The best place I know of is at York Mills and Leslie, beside the McDonalds (next to Ikea). They always do a good job for the same price.... Except they take care of your car and make sure not to scratch it...

Just talking from experience.

J.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Advanced

There is a really good carwash on Queen St, called Royal Car Wash. They are pretty decent in pricing and results.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Advanced

Bowersan, how much is that carwash u r talking about near Ikea??

I went to one at McCowan and Sheppard, also very nice........
Old 11-17-2003, 05:13 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by bowersan
Telco1- Dont let those shmucks wash your car at the car wash beside Pusateri's... they do horrible disservice to your car by personally washing it by hand with filthy rags that are full of dirt from washing other cars. Seriously, I've washed my older car there and recieved some nice swirls thanks to them.

The best place I know of is at York Mills and Leslie, beside the McDonalds (next to Ikea). They always do a good job for the same price.... Except they take care of your car and make sure not to scratch it...

Just talking from experience.

J.

LOL...thanks. Ya, the guys at Avenue/Lawrence are brutal. I forgot about the car wash at YM and L. Will give it a try.

Lawrie
Old 11-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Pro

whick McDonald's?.. the IKEA are are Sheppard and Leslie and there is CTC and a McDonalds', there is also McDonalds' at YM and Leslie.. but i don't know there is a handwash at Sheppard and Leslie

can you can coin wash if you want!!
Old 11-17-2003, 01:22 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Orfus Road car wash is pretty decent...its right across the street from Yorkdale mall... also a new one at Keele and Finch (I think its called Rose or something...) is very decent ($14 in and out, not many lineups)....
Old 11-23-2003, 04:54 PM
5th Gear

There is a pretty good DIY spray-and-wash at Bathurst and Wilson that I regularly use. The bays are heated and most of the time in the winter it isn't worth the $$$$ for the full-service perfect job....But that is what I can afford, for my lowly RSX Still love my RSX after 2.5 years, but I would love a TSX...

Edited for grammar!