Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid questions

Now that the swap is done I have some what I think you here will call dumb questions,

frist here is a link to look at the car to help you answer my questions if you can

As you can see the TL has the A-Spec body kit but I think that is all it has.

So here are the questions

1) how can I tell if it has the a-Spec suspention part of the Kit?
If it is lacking it is the kit worth getting to put on the car what is the real added kick to the car with this added?

2) I know it can't have the A-Spec wheels so are they worth getting or should I look at aftermarket wheels I think the A-Spec are 18's right and the stock are 17's

as far as the A-Spec stearing wheel go's is it that much differant than the stock one I know it has carbon fiber but I like the wheel that is in the car now,

I feel that the car is lacking some thing but I just can't put my finger on it and this is why I am asking the above questions who ever was the 1st owner of the car felt it needed the body kit to give it some nice lines now I am thinking maybe I should just finnish the job with the suspention and some nice wheel and maybe toyo tires

well what do you guys think
Old 01-15-2009, 05:48 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Forget about the stupid question......Where is the link??
Old 01-15-2009, 06:20 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
1) I have the aspec suspension. It is really nice but if you want to be able to adjust your ride height get coilovers. I will be getting some coilovers soon.

2) Aspec wheels are awesome. Wheels are all personal preference as to what you want so a million people can chime in and say aspecs are great or aspecs are too plain but it all comes down to what wheels you want.

3) The steering wheel is not worth getting unless you really want to replicate an aspec TL.

and lastly

Originally Posted by markbento
I feel that the car is lacking some thing but I just can't put my finger on it
Suspension and wheels are what it is lacking, put those on and you will be

Last edited by AnthraciteAspec; 01-15-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
I have the suspention and I love it but it all depends what is best in your situation. The aspec is ideal for me because I wanted a drop but could not go too low because of my driveway, it is a hill pulling in. I scrape a tad as it is so I cannot go any lower. I guess it all depends on how low you can or want to drop your car. If you want to go lower than an inch to an inch and a quarter aspec suspension is not for you, check out the coilcovers.

As for the steering wheel, I have it and LOVE IT! It may be a little bit of a waste of $ though...

I love the gunmetal aspec rims. If I could find some fs at a good $ w/ no curbage I would pick them up FAST! Your car is ssm correct? Check out some pics of other ssm tl's on here to see what you like. I'm kinds feelin the ronjon line of rims lately. Check the black market, lots of rims fs there.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Advanced

thanks all sorry the link did not post I'll try again
Carrielynn right u remember it from other post well wife has the other car and I took the TL but like I said its ok but I feel its missing something do you think just new wheels not sure if I even want to drop the car an inch mass road suck but really feel it need something but not sure what
http://www.bento.org/markjoannesplace/acura.html

hope link worked this time and carrielynn thanks for your other help
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Racer

For the price of the A-spec rims, you can get some really nice aftermarket rims as well. That is what I am thinking of doing at some point in the future here.