CL: need to replace the stock radio, speakers and put an amp, need help :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:37 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need to replace the stock radio, speakers and put an amp, need help :)

Hi there,

98 acura cl 3.0
I did my research, I have 6.5 front and 6x9 rear
I bought a single din dash unit adapter and the harness, I can do the install myself as I did it with my other cars.

Which head-unit, speaker brand and model, and 4 channel amp would you recommend?

is there some kind of a compact sub that would still produce some decent bass without sacrificing too much cargo?
Like a sub that could stay where the tire receiver is or instead of the spare tire?
Old 09-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Don't care...

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
If you really want to save space with your sub, use a pair of 6x9 subs in the rear deck (like those from CDT audio). You'll want to add some dampening to the deck surface (dynamat or similar).

You can also use the stock Bose amp; it works quite well if you get a head unit with higher signal level output (like 5v).
Old 09-10-2014, 10:13 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So which combo would you pick for the sound system?

speakers brand/model?
amp brand/model?
sub brand/model?
Old 09-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Don't care...

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by wadj
So which combo would you pick for the sound system?

speakers brand/model?
amp brand/model?
sub brand/model?
I went with a Pioneer 2-din AVH-4400bt, 5v outputs, 8-band eq, hooked up and set-up to drive the rear channels as sub, fronts are normal. I used the stock Bose amp and wired the rear channels to drive the subs mono (twice the power). I replaced the fronts w/Morel Tempo 2-ways and the rear 6x9's with a pair of CDT CL69CF subs. SQ is excellent.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by b52bgz
I went with a Pioneer 2-din AVH-4400bt, 5v outputs, 8-band eq, hooked up and set-up to drive the rear channels as sub, fronts are normal. I used the stock Bose amp and wired the rear channels to drive the subs mono (twice the power). I replaced the fronts w/Morel Tempo 2-ways and the rear 6x9's with a pair of CDT CL69CF subs. SQ is excellent.
Sound like you know what you are talking about,

Morel great brand on speakers, I had Morel Dotech full set for my rear doors, and Morel Elates mids for my front, Scan Speaker tweeters for my front stage, and Alpine H800 as a DSP... I just got my 07TL and Ill be integrating a Windows 8 Tablet slowly with DSP and amps, and fabrication of a box.

Now back to OP,

OP, if you need help on getting the right stuff and getting what you really want out of your system, i will help you achive the goal, it only depends if you willing to go for it. Please ask questions, i will be here to help you..

I would suggest that you get a head unit, and 2 amps,

get a 4 ch amp with at least 100 w rms per ch, and good brand no BS,
I would also suggest to get these 6x9 and bridge them to the 2 ch or mono amp,
As far as amps go, I would suggest to go with class A/B, they sound very neutral than class D.

amps i would go with,
Arc audio, Mosconi, Zed, Hertz, I'm sure you dont want to spend a lot on amps, but this is some high end car audio stuff that you will notice a huge difference in SQ.