Traded a 2009 for a 2010 yesterday. My review.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Traded a 2009 for a 2010 yesterday. My review.

The basque red pearl was not growing on me and I decided never to buy a first year car after experiencing a true nightmare with a first year Audi and Honda in the past, so I decided to trade in my red 2009 for a black 2010 this afternoon. Everything else the same. I4 engine. Tech. Automatic. I looked at the V6 but could not justify the price difference, and to be honest the 18" wheels looked horribly out of place IMO with the car with the stock suspension. Lowered 1" I could see.

Anyways, here is my short take on all the nitty gritty changes/details that Acura may/may not tell you about the 2010. Let's get down to what we know so far:

1) The 2009 engine pings like crazy between 2000-2500rpms. This seems to be a common issue. My October build date 2009 was no exception, and quite frankly I was growing tired of it. Now the question you want to know: Does the 2010 still ping? Yes, yes it does. The exact same noise at the exact same RPMs. Does it ping less? Yes, it pings significantly less. With my 2009 I could hear the pinging every single time I accelerated at those rpms. With the 2010 I hear it about one out of every ten or so times I accelerate at those rpms. And it is more pinging at 2300-2400rpms than the broader 2000-2500rpms my 2009 would ping at. Now I can't tell you that it won't get worse with time, but I can tell you right now, the 2010 is an improvement BUT it still has the exact same issue, only less. My 2010 build date is July. I am convinced now that yes, this sound is a "normal" characteristic of the engine, or at least normal enough that Acura is convinced that it does no harm.

2) The steering. We've heard there is "enhanced steering feel" in the 2010 but quite frankly, after 300 miles on the car the last 24 hours, it is probably bullshit. The steering feels EXACTLY the same as my 2009. In fact, the 2009 steering to me felt heavier and more "on center" at 7100 miles than my 2010 does at 300 miles. Now does the steering change a little bit with time? I'm convinced yes. I noticed that my 2009 steering became more rigid over the course of the 7100 miles than it did "looser" as have my other cars. I am almost convinced that Acura has an algorithm for the electronic steering system that breaks in the system, starting a little looser and then becoming more heavy. I have for the life of me tried time and time again yesterday and today to feel the more "on center" "enhanced" steering and can't for the life of me feel any more weight or "centerdness." We'll see in a few thousand miles as the steering breaks in.

3) "Easier to read navigation screen." This is the exact same navigation screen that was in my 2009. Exactly. Only the plastic cover has been removed. This is the only difference. Does it reduce glare? Yes it does. Is it worth even paying $20 at your local dealer to fix/upgrade? No.

4) Annoyances Acura won't tell you in the 2010. They got rid of the male voice for HFL prompts, which to me is annoying because the male voice was not as loud and as annoying at the female IMO. Now you are forced to go female. To go along with this, now the HFL prompt has an extra annoying "Say yes or no to proceed" prompt after you say "Call Mom" for instance. Instead of just asking "Would you like to call Mom?" and you answer "Yes" now it says "Would you like to call Mom? Say yes or no to proceed." I can't for the life of me reason why Acura added an extra annoying prompt to an already annoying system.

5) Nav system version is 1.91. Not sure what my 2009 was. Maybe others can share. This version has Zagat 2009 rather than 2008. It's the only difference I can tell.

6) The automatic shifter feels different when I put it into gear. It feels a little more solid, more "rubbery" I guess. I'm not imagining this but perhaps it varies between cars and is not a change for 2010.

That's about it. Other than that the car is exactly the same in every way. My advice is stick with the 2009 because it is not worse over all at all, and the enhanced steering feel is bogus, at least right now at 300 miles. This could change but I'm doubtful. Overall I'm happy I did it though because Black > Red. I was really tiring of the red, but that's just me.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much upside down were you when you traded the 09 for the 010?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Instructor

Not as much as when you decided to put those 20"+ rims on your's.... Ooooh burnnnn! j/k

If anyone has any real questions lemme know....

Last edited by ctwickman; 08-09-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:42 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
WOW-I am just the opposite-after owning black cars I decided never again-It was beautiful when clean but it was hard to keep it that way. My 06 tsx is Milano Red/ebony. They have no 2010 tsx offered with red and manual transmission. I am hoping the 2010 TL 6MT will have the red. I also thought the male voice on the nav was no longer with the 08 and newer tsx's/
Old 08-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ctwickman
Not as much as when you decided to put those 20"+ rims on your's.... Ooooh burnnnn! j/k

that was a real question. Upside down with 20s? I don't think so, maybe with your stockies ooooooh burnnnnn j/k
Old 08-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the version of the Navi Disc? I've got a few bugs in my Navi on my 2009 RDX (same software, disc) which Acura told me has been addressed in the new 2010 software.

I've been trying to get just the 5 or 6 files needed to upgrade the Navi software (dont care about the actual Map stuff), Acura said my dealership will do it for free, however the 2010s arnt in canada until late Sept.

Any idea on the version?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
4) You don't need to listen to "Would you like to call Mom? Say yes or no to proceed" every time to make a call. Just press the call button again and say "Yes" to complete.

So it goes like this:

<Pressing the call button>

"Call Mom."

"Would you....(like to call Mom? Say yes or no to proceed.)"

<Pressing the call button again>

"Yes"

<The car calls Mom>

It works this way in my '09 RDX. I would be really surprised if it was any different in your '10 TSX.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by red00tl
4) You don't need to listen to "Would you like to call Mom? Say yes or no to proceed" every time to make a call. Just press the call button again and say "Yes" to complete.

So it goes like this:

<Pressing the call button>

"Call Mom."

"Would you....(like to call Mom? Say yes or no to proceed.)"

<Pressing the call button again>

"Yes"

<The car calls Mom>

It works this way in my '09 RDX. I would be really surprised if it was any different in your '10 TSX.
No unless you hit the button BEFORE it says the recording "mom" you have to listen to the whole thing. The button does not interrupt the phrase "Say yes or no to proceed." So yeah you don't have to listen to it if you hit the button before you hear who you are actually calling, like if you hit the button at "Would you like to... [button pressed]" but if you hit the button anytime after that you have to listen to the whole thing. It's a step back for sure.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SiliconKnight
Whats the version of the Navi Disc? I've got a few bugs in my Navi on my 2009 RDX (same software, disc) which Acura told me has been addressed in the new 2010 software.

I've been trying to get just the 5 or 6 files needed to upgrade the Navi software (dont care about the actual Map stuff), Acura said my dealership will do it for free, however the 2010s arnt in canada until late Sept.

Any idea on the version?
It says system version 1.91. Not sure of the map version, is that what you are looking for?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Intermediate

It says system version 1.91. Not sure of the map version, is that what you are looking for?
Kind of, I was wondering if the Disc Version was different. If you have the jewel case that holds the Navi DVDs, you'll see it should be white and have a version number. The 2009's had Version 4.73, I'm guessing the 2010s are newer, do you know what the version of that disc is?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SiliconKnight
Kind of, I was wondering if the Disc Version was different. If you have the jewel case that holds the Navi DVDs, you'll see it should be white and have a version number. The 2009's had Version 4.73, I'm guessing the 2010s are newer, do you know what the version of that disc is?
Database version says 4.85. System version 1.91. I have no idea what the changes are other than Zagat 2009.

BTW do you know what the 2009 System version is?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Intermediate

Great thanks... Here is the info you asked for as well.

2009 RDX
Program Flash: 1.81.02 KC
Program Disc: 1.81.02
IPL: 0.231.000
APL: 0.310.122
DBOOT: 0.310.122h

2009 TSX
Program Flash: 1.83.02 KC
Program Disc: 1.83.02
IPL: 0.330.000
APL: 0.340.122
DBOOT: 0.365.122
System uCOM: 0.9A5.RUD
Model: TL2A
Old 08-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No unless you hit the button BEFORE it says the recording "mom" you have to listen to the whole thing. The button does not interrupt the phrase "Say yes or no to proceed." So yeah you don't have to listen to it if you hit the button before you hear who you are actually calling, like if you hit the button at "Would you like to... [button pressed]" but if you hit the button anytime after that you have to listen to the whole thing. It's a step back for sure.
I see. What I do is taking a quick glance at the display where the phone number you are about to call shows up. This way you can tell whether the car got the right number to dial or not before it tells you audibly. That's why I can press the call button again without actually hearing "Mom" and thus shorten the time to place a call.

I guess it in a way defeats the purpose of having a hands-free phone, as it forces you to take your eyes off the road for a split second, but it is no more of a distraction than looking down at your speedometer while driving.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by red00tl
I guess it in a way defeats the purpose of having a hands-free phone, as it forces you to take your eyes off the road for a split second, but it is no more of a distraction than looking down at your speedometer while driving.
Huh?

It's hands-free not eyes-free.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Just a couple updates after another 200 miles and a trip back to the Acura dealer because I forgot my ipass and sunglasses in my old car:

1) The suspension has changed for 2010. This includes the 4-cylinder models. I thought I was just imagining it the whole time because I haven't heard anything about it, but for sure they did change the dampening of the suspension. Or "tweaked" would be more like it. The suspension feels, how do I say it, more BMW-like, firmer but not as bouncy? Hard to describe. More like it is floating, more German-like, more firm, but doesn't spring up and down as much. I thought it was just me but after talking with the sales manager at my local dealer about changes for 2010 the first thing she said was that they tweaked the suspension. I didn't even mention it it was the first thing out of her mouth. After she mentioned it I admitted I did feel a difference and described it and she nodded that that was indeed the change. It had to do with the "dampening" she said.

2) Bluetooth has been tweaked, but this is only a guess because I may have been doing it wrong with my 09. I'm not sure if I was just doing it wrong with my 2009, but I could never just use my phone and dial with it and have the HFL pick up when connected. Now I can dial and use my phone regularly but the phone will transfer itself to the HFL once connected to the other party. Maybe this is the auto transfer function which I enabled? Not sure I remember that in my 09. And the HFL profile on my phone is no longer "Handsfree Link (tm)" it is now "Handsfree Link R" so they did change something.

3) Still convinced they did not enhance the steering. I still can't notice any difference.

Hope this helps out anyone curious out there.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Instructor

Oh one more interesting thing I learned today was that Acura is no longer telling the dealers that Premium fuel is required for the TSX. It is now only recommended. And on the 2010 gas cap it now says "UNLEADED FUEL ONLY. PREMIUM RECOMMENDED."
Old 08-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Instructor

2) Bluetooth has been tweaked, but this is only a guess because I may have been doing it wrong with my 09. I'm not sure if I was just doing it wrong with my 2009, but I could never just use my phone and dial with it and have the HFL pick up when connected. Now I can dial and use my phone regularly but the phone will transfer itself to the HFL once connected to the other party. Maybe this is the auto transfer function which I enabled? Not sure I remember that in my 09. And the HFL profile on my phone is no longer "Handsfree Link (tm)" it is now "Handsfree Link R" so they did change something.

You were not doing it wrong. In my '09 you have to actually say "transfer." It's fkn annoying. Dammit. I guess i'll just have to hope they do a firmware update to correct in the '09s.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Good review. I've driven a couple of 2009's and one 2010, all I-4 with manual. I drove one 2009 a couple of weeks ago, and a 2010 last week. I didn't notice much difference in the steering between those two, but both seemed like they could have been firmer than a very early 2009 I drove last year. So, with all the criticism the steering received in the press, I wonder whether Acura modified it during 2009 production, and just didn't announce it until now. Regardless, I thought much of the criticism was unwarranted. I've driven the car over challenging back roads, and I think the steering works fine in that environment.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts

You traded in an '09 for a '10, same exact car, same exact everything. And going one step further you hardly notice any differences, which makes this all the more mind-boggling. So...I think that is one of the best, most logical, most real questions you could get...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
You traded in an '09 for a '10, same exact car, same exact everything. And going one step further you hardly notice any differences, which makes this all the more mind-boggling. So...I think that is one of the best, most logical, most real questions you could get...

Agreed.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Instructor

Not really. I wanted black and not red. But the real story is that the more I drive the 2010 the more I realize it is not the exact same car at all. Practically zero pinging (thank God). In fact I haven't heard a single ping in the last 200 miles. That's the big news for me. But the huge bonus has been the entirely different suspension dampening, one that feels just like my Audi, which is a huge improvement IMO. And yes, even now I am noticing the steering tightening up considerably over my 2009 at 500 miles now. It is almost like when I crossed 400 miles tonight Acura kicked the weighted center steering into overdrive and I am feeling the enhanced steering big time. When you are on the highway the steering changes to becoming EXTREMELY weighted and tight over the 2009. The car now feels like a German car with the steering and suspension tweaks, that's the best way I can describe it. I'm totally thrilled right now. It has that German problem where I think I'm going 65 when I'm really going 85. I remember that with my last Audi.

Last edited by ctwickman; 08-10-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nedmundo
Good review. I've driven a couple of 2009's and one 2010, all I-4 with manual. I drove one 2009 a couple of weeks ago, and a 2010 last week. I didn't notice much difference in the steering between those two, but both seemed like they could have been firmer than a very early 2009 I drove last year. So, with all the criticism the steering received in the press, I wonder whether Acura modified it during 2009 production, and just didn't announce it until now. Regardless, I thought much of the criticism was unwarranted. I've driven the car over challenging back roads, and I think the steering works fine in that environment.
With the 2010 the steering was a little loose for the first 300-400 miles but the last two trips I have taken with the car on the highway the steering has become MUCH more weighted than the 2009, at least at highway speeds. The steering was like a rock on the way home from dinner tonight, much more heavy like a BMW/Audi on the highway. Very different. Felt like I was driving my S4 again. Same with the suspension, which to me is the real story and easter egg. Chicago roads are notoriously bouncy and I really liked the suspension in the 2009, it was soft but firm, never found it to be a problem like some people on here were complaining about, but no doubt Acura listened to these folks who were complaining about the dampening because the suspension in the 2010 feels like a downright BMW/Audi, where it is kind of "floaty" and "solid" rather than "bouncy" if you know what I mean. In other words the steering AND the suspension seem much less "touchy" I guess. I literally have had to adjust my driving habits to the new car, it is that different. I caught myself doing 85 on the highway tonight. The same "problem" I had with my Audi.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
But the huge bonus has been the entirely different suspension dampening, one that feels just like my Audi, which is a huge improvement IMO. And yes, even now I am noticing the steering tightening up considerably over my 2009 at 500 miles now. It is almost like when I crossed 400 miles tonight Acura kicked the weighted center steering into overdrive and I am feeling the enhanced steering big time. When you are on the highway the steering changes to becoming EXTREMELY weighted and tight over the 2009.
Coming from an Evo IX to a 2010 V6 I am suprised at how well this car handles. Of course it's not as nimble as a lighter AWD but it can take a turn like a champ. Handling is soft yet not overly sensitive. In fact, Soft and steady is the best way I can describe it. The strut brace does a good job weighing this heavy car down.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Pro

Chicago roads are notoriously bouncy and I really liked the suspension in the 2009, it was soft but firm, never found it to be a problem like some people on here were complaining about, but no doubt Acura listened to these folks who were complaining about the dampening because the suspension in the 2010 feels like a downright BMW/Audi, where it is kind of "floaty" and "solid" rather than "bouncy" if you know what I mean.
Having driven a few BMW's and Audis myself, I know exactly what you mean. It's that German unruffled composure thing, and I sensed something like that with the 2010 TSX I drove. In fact, its ride/handling balance seemed equal to, if not better than, a Benz C300 Sport. The BMW 3 Series with RWD and Sport Package is on another level dynamically, but that's to be expected, and the TSX is excellent nonetheless. I'm happy to hear about the firm steering too.

I've narrowed my search down to the TSX (base, 6MT) and the 328i with Sport Package, with the Mazdaspeed 3 as a dark horse candidate. I've driven a Saab 9-5 Aero for almost eight years, and the Mazda provides the same massive turbo torque that satisfies like nothing else on the highway. It would be difficult to give that up, but the VTEC provides its own distinctive feel, which I also like.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nedmundo
Having driven a few BMW's and Audis myself, I know exactly what you mean. It's that German unruffled composure thing, and I sensed something like that with the 2010 TSX I drove. In fact, its ride/handling balance seemed equal to, if not better than, a Benz C300 Sport. The BMW 3 Series with RWD and Sport Package is on another level dynamically, but that's to be expected, and the TSX is excellent nonetheless. I'm happy to hear about the firm steering too.

I've narrowed my search down to the TSX (base, 6MT) and the 328i with Sport Package, with the Mazdaspeed 3 as a dark horse candidate. I've driven a Saab 9-5 Aero for almost eight years, and the Mazda provides the same massive turbo torque that satisfies like nothing else on the highway. It would be difficult to give that up, but the VTEC provides its own distinctive feel, which I also like.
Agreed. You won't be dissapointed with the TSX. Especially with 6MT. What really puts the TSX over the top, for me, was the ELS stereo. If I were you I'd spend the extra for the Tech package, it is so worth it, at least here in Chicago where I use the Nav all the time to lookup and call business, restaurants, bars, etc. But I've heard the Base stereo is very good also. I liked the 3-series too but I thought the TSX interior was better and here in Chicago literally every third person is driving around in a 3-series (not that that is a big deal). And with the new 2010 suspension/steering tweaks the car has become very BMW-like. Maybe not quite there yet to BMW "unrufflededness" but much closer. I'd put the 2010 suspension and steering on the same level as my 2005 Audi though, and equal to/better, like you said, than the Benz C300 Sport.

Last edited by ctwickman; 08-11-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Pro

Yeah, I think the TSX interior is more family friendly than the 3 Series', and has an open feel I like. I'd prefer a Sport Pkg. 328i as a driver's car, but I have a few reservations compared to the TSX: (1) price (duh); (2) rear passenger space; (3) reliability; and (4) those darned run-flat tires, which produce a harsh ride, and seem to produce endless hassle and expense for many owners. If it weren't for the run-flat issue, I'd be more likely to go BMW. But reliability is big too. Along with my eight year old Saab and its European "reliability," we've had a trouble-free Mazda 5 minivan for three years, and I would love such a hassle-free experience with my daily driver. The TSX is most likely to provide that.

By the way, I do think the base TSX stereo is very good. I wish the ELS system were a standalone option, because then I'd get it. I have no interest in the other stuff.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+1

Couldn't you just have test-driven a 2010 to see if there were worthwhile differences instead of, you know, trading cars?

I don't get this thread.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
It's a step back for sure.
I've thought the same thing with the 09 TL system, but I try to keep an open mind. I've been selling the original system since 2003 and am used to the way it works. so these new systems seem awkward. BUT all my customers who are new the Acura have no problems. (Really!) They all think it makes perfect sense.

It is unrealistic to expect that they will make systems that are "easier for experts" when they are trying to expand adoption by the 'unwashed masses' new to the tech. Advanced tech often gets 'dumbed down' as it matures and moves from 'geeks' to mom and pop.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Audioserf
+1

Couldn't you just have test-driven a 2010 to see if there were worthwhile differences instead of, you know, trading cars?

I don't get this thread.
I am reporting what the differences are for 2010. Not sure what there is not to get.

There are many things Acura did not report in the brochure such as the new Bluetooth HFL Auto Transfer function and the totally different suspension dampening. Acura is telling the dealers about these changes, included the new non-requirement for Premium fuel in the 2010 TSX. These are things not in the brochures and you won't hear about them unless you ask your dealer or actually read about it on here by yours truly. Figured people would be interested. Some of you need to read the entire thread because I have found the steering and suspension and hence the actual drive to be very different from the 2009. The suspension dampening is totally different as is the steering system which, though having the same ratio, has much more weight and centerdness to the point that it is like a rock at high speeds on the highway like the German brands. And the car plain and simply does not ping. I heard it a couple times in the beginning but haven't in almost 300 miles, not once, and I know just what to listen to and do almost all city driving. It is up to the individual whether these differences are worth it or if this is even something you'd want. But nevertheless these are real changes for 2010.

I wish I could go back and edit the first post, I guess I wrote it in haste after one day of driving a car that wasn't even broken in. This thread is less about my "trade in experience" (not sure why some folks are focusing on that) and more about what did Acura change for 2010. I know it sounds cliche to say on the Internet but if anyone doesn't like the thread than stay out--the criticism doesn't make any sense and isn't warranted to anyone who is coming in for information about the 2010 model.

Last edited by ctwickman; 08-11-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Well I'm glad to hear about the changes. Sounds like they are for the better. The pinging was especially troubling. Hopefully they have truly fixed that.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2) Bluetooth has been tweaked, but this is only a guess because I may have been doing it wrong with my 09. I'm not sure if I was just doing it wrong with my 2009, but I could never just use my phone and dial with it and have the HFL pick up when connected. Now I can dial and use my phone regularly but the phone will transfer itself to the HFL once connected to the other party. Maybe this is the auto transfer function which I enabled? Not sure I remember that in my 09.
I used to do this with my 06 TSX (I try not to talk while driving). Since I'm not willing to program the HFL with 50 phone numbers, I just use my cell phone's address book and dial out from there. The HFL then takes over the call. Perhaps your cell phone's bluetooth implementation wasn't fully compatible with the 2009 version? Unless they overlooked this in the 2009 version...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Side note I suppose, in the 2009 to get your phone to transfer to HFL when you dial from your phone with out saying anything, just dial then hit speaker, then hit speaker again it will automatically transfer to the car takes no longer then 2 seconds.

Personally I have the problem in my 2009 I think i'm going 65 when i'm going 95.. maybe thats cause i'm addicted to speed?

With the glass screen removed on the navi, does the nav screen attract more dust and grit?

Do you still have to have the side mirror trigger adjusted to " R" to have the right mirror go down when put in reverse?

did ya ask em with then v6 Manual is coming out !?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tishkevich
With the glass screen removed on the navi, does the nav screen attract more dust and grit?
No, there is now a new plastic cover over the nav screen but it is pushed far back and flush with the screen rather than several inches out, so the screen still has a cover, it's just not a shiny plastic one that is several inches in front of the screen, it now has a matte finish and is right over the screen. It's a pretty minor change but is an improvement overall. I imagine by looking at it it would be a pretty easy mod for 2009 owners to do.

Do you still have to have the side mirror trigger adjusted to " R" to have the right mirror go down when put in reverse?
Yup.

did ya ask em with then v6 Manual is coming out !?
Nope, sorry.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 AM
10th Gear

I wish there was something that could be done about viewing the screen with polarized sunglasses. I find myself removing my glasses when I actually need to read something. Other than that, I feel like I stole my 2010/tech. It is amazing value for the money and is a very sharp looking car.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Racer

i have almost 2000 miles on my 2010 and i only heard what i thought was pinging once. the car had 4 people in it and the ac was blasting on cold. and im not 100% sure it was engine knock. so ill keep you guys posted.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:29 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for posting this! Just bought a 2010 and reassures me that I did the right thing to wait for the later model than save a few bucks at the end of the 2009 model year. Good Luck!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
10th Gear

Yes, thanks for this posting. I've been debating, too, and will probably go by my dealer today to look at 2010s.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not really. I wanted black and not red. But the real story is that the more I drive the 2010 the more I realize it is not the exact same car at all. Practically zero pinging (thank God). In fact I haven't heard a single ping in the last 200 miles. That's the big news for me. But the huge bonus has been the entirely different suspension dampening, one that feels just like my Audi, which is a huge improvement IMO. And yes, even now I am noticing the steering tightening up considerably over my 2009 at 500 miles now. It is almost like when I crossed 400 miles tonight Acura kicked the weighted center steering into overdrive and I am feeling the enhanced steering big time. When you are on the highway the steering changes to becoming EXTREMELY weighted and tight over the 2009. The car now feels like a German car with the steering and suspension tweaks, that's the best way I can describe it. I'm totally thrilled right now. It has that German problem where I think I'm going 65 when I'm really going 85. I remember that with my last Audi.
If u really wanted a German feeling car then why didnt u just buy one?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
If u really wanted a German feeling car then why didnt u just buy one?
I just came from two German cars. No thanks. There's a lot more to buying a car than it's suspension "feel."

Last edited by ctwickman; 08-27-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
B A N N E D

I just came from two German cars. No thanks. There's a lot more to buying a car than it's suspension "feel."
Yea. I still have the german in the garage but the TSX is the best daily driver I've ever had. I doubt I'll ever daily drive another german sports car, rather just make a monster for the weekends.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traded a 2009 for a 2010 yesterday. My review.