Spontaneous braking while driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 10:28 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spontaneous braking while driving

I just bought a 2005 mdx. I love it except that occasionally the breaking system engages while I am
driving and the vehicles will tilt a little bit to the right , then the VSA light is activated . I took it to my mechanic and after
some test he said there was nothing wrong showing. What can I do to
fix this .Please help.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
TSB 13-013 - Safety Recall: VSA System Unexpectedly Activates
Applies To: 2005–06 MDX – Check the iN VIN status for eligibility
2005 RL - Check the iN VIN status for eligibility
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B13-013.PDF
http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/p...nu/B13-013.PDF
Old 05-15-2017, 05:18 PM
5th Gear

I took the acura mdx to the dealership the other day and they ran some tests and told me it showed low battery voltage
but they did not think that was right since the battery is new. They also said it could be the yaw sensor. They cleared the
codes ,however ,the vsa light came back the same day. Any more suggestions please.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:45 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our 2004 vsa started coding. But the dealer did not offer a recall repair but a replacement of the 'sytem', all totaling $1,500(L$M). At the time they said it wasn't unsafe to drive if we elected not to repair it. The brakes didn't lock up until our transmission mechanic was test driving it for his repair/ we hadn't noticed the locking up yet. We went back a saw that the code that didn't clear from the VSA issue was the yaw rate sensor code that our trans mech told us about. I had just gone off what was reported by my wife from the service advisor that it was safe to drive. I didn't look at the ticket until much later after the transmission guy was having the issue.

So my wife and I replaced the yaw rate sensor ourselves with one out of a junkyard for 4 hours of our time and about 70$ in parts. Well I also spent an hour with the part puller guy at the junkyard who had trouble getting at it up under the radio. In retrospect the radio might be able to stay in as we found we had to take of the center console where the shifter is, etc. Could reach down from where the radio compartment is due to a plastic barrier.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ashiagbor2
They cleared the
codes ,however ,the vsa light came back the same day. Any more suggestions please.
Try a different dealer?