Bluetooth link with Nokia E71x

Old 05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth link with Nokia E71x

I can't seem to get my phone to work via bluetooth on my TL. It pairs fine but then doesn't work. Anyone have any luck with the same phone? Some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Having the same problems with my e71. Very frustrating! Sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesnt. Very annoying especially when your taking a call and you lose the other person. I think it has more to do with the phone. Read on other threads of people heving problems with other nokias. Maybe a new software update will do the trick.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
6th Gear

Thanks for replying. It was frustrating the hell out of me. Somewhat glad to know it wasn't just my car/phone. I hope we can find some other resolution, because pigs might have to start flying before a software update comes along. Enjoying the hell out of the car though.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just to put you at ease, I've lost signals too with my iPhone. For no reason at all sometimes, it just drops out. You have to understand what were dealing with here, imperfect technologies all around. Nothing is ever flawless, so we just have to deal with it.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:45 PM
6th Gear

Unfortunately, I'd have to completely disagree with you on that. I've had several bluetooth enabled vehicles and although some didn't import the phonebook well they always performed the handsfree function without fail. My current TL pairs with my phone, but will not even work as a handsfree unit. This is a big issue for me as my state has a law requiring hands free use or you get a ticket. So, I'm really hoping something will come down the pipeline soon. From either my phone carrier or Acura.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Your disagreing about Bluetooth, and you feel it is a pefect technology and it should work? Good luck with that. Let's be clear before we move forward. I was trying to put you at ease by mentioning that Bluetooth is a imperfect techonology and I've had my issues too, that's all. What your missing is my point of all these companies trying to get their products to work, and work properly. Specifically your phone carrier, your phone manufacturer and then to the TL. To get it all right is nothing short of a miracle. I commend their efforts at that and I'm grateful when things work as planned.

Maybe it's time to trade in that phone if things are not working? Maybe your overlooking a step? When I first tried the HFL in the 4G TL, I didn't have the ringer up on the iPhone, so I couldn't hear it through system, only the phone speaker. Good luck with it.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yo zoomer, throw in your car type and details in your signature area to make things easier for all.