Quuestion About Powered driver Seat Memory

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 03:45 PM
BRH
BRH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quuestion About Powered driver Seat Memory

After finally getting the driver's seat and mirrors where I like them, I find that this position makes it a bit difficult to enter/exit the vehicle. (I'm 5'8", so the seat's relatively far forward and raised.)

Before exiting, I move the seat back and lower it. But every time that I enter the car (unlocking the doors via remote -- which is how I prefer it), I find that the seat's already moving back into the memorized position by the time I open the door. I'd prefer to have it move into position after I enter the car.

Is there a way to not have the seat move into the memorized position, until my butt is safely in it?

I was going to try turning the Driver 1 button on the driver side door off, but wasn't sure whether this would lose the memory setting altogether. (The manual wasn't clear on this. -- At least it's not clear to me.) Note that I'm not using the Driver 2 remote at this point at all.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay this is easy to solve.

First set driver 2 as the position you want to sit in, Next set driver 1 as far back and down as possible allowing you to enter the car easily. When ever you unlock with remote one, the seats will push back allowing you to enter easily. When you get into the car, press seat position number 2 and the car will then adjust to your driving position. When you leave the car, you can leave or press memory 1 for it to adjust so you can get out easily.

This would be the way to do it, however, you'd have to press it yourself once you get in, and its not really good to the seats motor to always push +100 lbs or so everytime you step into the car, you might wear out the seat motor.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Instructor

i know on the mdx and tl on the back of the keyfob, there are instructions on how to unlink the key fob and driver seat so the seat won't move until you press driver 1 inside, is it the same for the tsx
Old 01-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Master in Science

You guys are way too fancy.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by acn684
Okay this is easy to solve.

First set driver 2 as the position you want to sit in, Next set driver 1 as far back and down as possible allowing you to enter the car easily. When ever you unlock with remote one, the seats will push back allowing you to enter easily. When you get into the car, press seat position number 2 and the car will then adjust to your driving position. When you leave the car, you can leave or press memory 1 for it to adjust so you can get out easily.

This would be the way to do it, however, you'd have to press it yourself once you get in, and its not really good to the seats motor to always push +100 lbs or so everytime you step into the car, you might wear out the seat motor.
just unlink the keyfob. why go through all this trouble?.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bradykp
just unlink the keyfob. why go through all this trouble?.
He said he wanted the chair to be far back so he can get in easier. By unlocking the keylink only, the seat would still be where it was last left off. By setting key 1 as a far back position, and 2 as his dirving position, the seats can move out for him to get in and out, and back when hes driving. There was a concept car by volvo which was designed by all women, this was one of the features, a seat that moves back for you and into position when you close the door.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:52 PM
BRH
BRH

Does unlinking the keyfob result ONLY in the seat no longer AUTOMATICALLY moving into memorized position when I unlock the car? Or does the position itself get erased from memory?

In other words, can I still move the seat into memorized position, once I'm sitting in it, by just hitting the Driver 1 button in the driver's side door?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by BRH
Does unlinking the keyfob result ONLY in the seat no longer AUTOMATICALLY moving into memorized position when I unlock the car? Or does the position itself get erased from memory?

In other words, can I still move the seat into memorized position, once I'm sitting in it, by just hitting the Driver 1 button in the driver's side door?

Thanks!
it only unlinks the key fob. the memory seat will still work fine. i assume you want both positions to be programmed for a driver? you have a second drive who needs it?

if so, then i would say unlink the key fob.....when you get out....move the seat all the way back and down. it will be in that position when you get back in. and then press the memory button when you get back in. i highly doubt that causes that much stress on the motor, since power seats always had people sitting in the seats while moving them. i dont see what the big deal is.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bradykp
it only unlinks the key fob. the memory seat will still work fine. i assume you want both positions to be programmed for a driver? you have a second drive who needs it?

if so, then i would say unlink the key fob.....when you get out....move the seat all the way back and down. it will be in that position when you get back in. and then press the memory button when you get back in. i highly doubt that causes that much stress on the motor, since power seats always had people sitting in the seats while moving them. i dont see what the big deal is.
if you're not using a 2nd driver, i'd say try using mem 1 and 2 to push the seat back and forth for you, assuming you're doign this every time, its a lot of holding the switch until it goes back, and pressing one button to do this for you is a slight convience.

I don't think it'll be a huge problem for the motor, however, the motors weren't designed to move someone to the right position everytime they get in and everytime they get out. (which is why they move the the right position before you even open the door). Im sure the motor can handle, but, just like everything in the world, increaseing stress on it will cause it to wear faster.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Still Lovin my 06

if you're not using a 2nd driver, i'd say try using mem 1 and 2 to push the seat back and forth for you, assuming you're doign this every time, its a lot of holding the switch until it goes back, and pressing one button to do this for you is a slight convience.

I don't think it'll be a huge problem for the motor, however, the motors weren't designed to move someone to the right position everytime they get in and everytime they get out. (which is why they move the the right position before you even open the door). Im sure the motor can handle, but, just like everything in the world, increaseing stress on it will cause it to wear faster.
yeah, if you're not using both positions, acn's solution sounds like a good option. if you're going to be sitting in the seat and moving it, maybe try the south beach diet to reduce stress on the motor. just kidding.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Burning Brakes

lol
Old 01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Still Lovin my 06

lol
don't laugh. i'm putting myself through the torture of the south beach diet starting tomorrow. what's an italian going to do without pasta for two frikkin weeks?
Old 01-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Burning Brakes

haha, damn good luck dude!! Remember, plenty of excersize to help boost ur metabolism, and also eat lots of small meals vs few large meals. A fast Metabolism is the key to loosing weight!