Year: 2007
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $9500
Mileage: 138600
Color: Silver (ASM), Blk/Sil Int
Location (State/Prov): NC

1. Price: $9,500
2. Mileage: ~138,560 (driving daily on short commute)
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: Silver, 6 spd manual, with navigation
4. Reason for selling: Purchased another car
5. Location: Charlotte, NC
6. Pictures: (Links are ok here, but please post actual pictures after item 12 so all the text is in one place and easier to see)
7. Are you the first owner? 3rd owner
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: Title in Hand
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): PM for Vin, I also have Carfax from 2014 when I purchased it.
10. Modifications: Slave clutch valve delete, tinted windows (55%)
11. Service record: I have all records since I bought it in an excel sheet w/ date, cost and mileage. Also includes Carfax data from when I bought it. PM for records.
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc.: N/A

~~~
I bought the car in January 2014 and the brakes and battery had been done in the previous few months. I used it as a daily highway driver for ~2.5 years, but recently got a new job with a much shorter commute, so I had a chance to get a good deal on a BMW M5.

To my knowledge, the clutch is original and is showing no signs of slipping. The previous owner had not changed it. See service history for what I've done on it.

It's got scratches and dents like most 10 year olds cars show. There are two that are from the previous owner that are more than a paint/respray will fix. Passenger side mirror was apparently hit and rocked back into the door panel leaving a small dent and paint chip. See picture. Also, the drivers side rear wheel well was "brushed" by something and it's slightly pushed in. A dent removal guy could likely handle this, I just never bothered with fixing either. Some paint scratches on lower front bumper on the passenger side and on the edge of the rear bumper (showing black underneath, these are about half the size of a dime, 3 of them, I have pictures). Other scratches are smaller.

Interior is in good shape other than smaller (less than 1") tears in the front passenger seat and 2 tears on the front edge of the passenger rear seat (from baby seat compressing it down I think). Driver seat is good, rear driver seat is good.

Cup holder cover is broken, this is a ~$80 part I never bothered with replacing.

I replaced the arm rest padding in 2014.

DVD/Navi works about 10-20% of the time. Usually I get the disc error fail message. This is about $350 to fix if you sent off to pioneer/alpine per DIY here.

Speakers are all in good shape, sub and rear deck don't rattle. Fixed the rattle when I got the car, haven't had an issue since.

Scratch on drivers side tint toward the front.

Bluetooth works with my iPhone 6.

I have the luggage nets for the trunk (2 of them).

Tires are new this past Feb, Michelins Pilot Sports. Alignment was also done, along with power steering fluid and clutch fluid. Other fluids were done in 2014 when I initially purchased it (about time to do those again - brakes, coolant, transmission).

No mods done except slave clutch delete. The clutch will get hard to depress for 3-4 pushes if you run the rpms up past ~4k. Pump it, and it's fine afterwards. This is a known issue that is most likely related to the master cylinder for the clutch. It's been this way since I flushed the clutch fluid about a year ago with no change in behavior since then. I was going to address it when the clutch goes, but the clutch is strong.

Front A arm bushings are slightly cracked, but still in good shape. I have the parts for the DIY replacement, but didn't get it done. Also have bushings for roll bars that I'll thrown in (also didn't get to them).

The rims have some curb rash. The picture is of the worst of the bunch (it's worst by far). The others are in pretty good shape, but not perfect. I hate it when people have cut stone curbs!!!

Check maintenance history for more details and feel free to ask questions. I would keep the car - and had planned to - for years, but I had a chance to get an e39 BMW M5 and took it. I'd love for this to go to someone who will take care of it and enjoy the manual transmission.

This is posted locally as well.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5171.jpg   2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5176.jpg   2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5178.jpg   2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5181.jpg   2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5187.jpg  

2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5193.jpg   2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5195.jpg   2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5211.jpg   2007 Acura TL Type S, MT, ASM/Silver, NC-img_5207.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Acura TL Service History.pdf (41.1 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by Stickey; 01-15-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:05 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7k if nobody bites.
Email me...
danielmoon11six@gmail.com
Old 01-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Alien from Mars

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by aznpowerdaniel
7k if nobody bites.
Email me...
danielmoon11six@gmail.com
Old 02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Cruisin'

Mileage update is around 138,650. Driving daily, but not too far (~5 miles a day).

Water pump and tensioner were also done w/ timing belt (I've had a few people ask since it wasn't clear). Rear Main Seal (RMS) was not done. Honda did the timing belt and indicated they didn't do the RMS at each timing belt, and they often see the RMS last through the 2nd timing belt, even into the 3rd. Acura says to do it. Honda also said they didn't usually to the tensioner, but went ahead and had that done.

Did plugs (Iridiums) around 105k.

Last edited by Stickey; 02-01-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:14 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a good deal, I envy you guys in the US. A 6spd man car in western canada is $15-20k CAD. If I was in the area id pick this up.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice ride. Shared this ad with a buddy looking for a ride for his son, might be interested.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Cruisin'

Sold via craigslist.

Last edited by Stickey; 02-12-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Search this Thread