Navi / AUX Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Navi / AUX Problems

I bought my 04 TSX about a week ago, and I started noticing a problem with the navigation. When I turn the car on, the normal screen with the writing pops up, and then it displays the OK button in the corner after a little bit, but the screen is unresponsive. When I click on the OK, nothing happens. After about 10 or 15 seconds, the screen just goes blank. I can still tell that the screen is on (it is still lit up a little bit), but there is nothing on the screen. Pressing the any of the navi buttons (info, map, menu, AC, audio) don't do anything. I still have control of the radio and AC, but I can't access any of the options from the navi screen.

The weird things is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Right after I bought the car, it worked for a couple days, but now it has gotten progressively worse. Every once and a while the screen and everything will work, but there is no pattern or anything for it working.

On a side note, the CD/AUX button is also not working. Whenever I press it, nothing happens. And again, sometimes it does work! When I turn the car off while its on AUX and then turn it back on, it will say CDC or w/e on the screen, but there is no - next to it. The AUX cable is an aftermarket part the previous owner installed, but there is a button labeled CD/AUX.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem with the navi screen before? I'm afraid to take it to a dealer because I don't really trust them, but I don't know where else to go. The car has 120k miles on it, so I doubt the navi is still under warranty.

Any input would help!! I'm super stuck here Thanks in advance!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Hmm. I know there have been some other threads on navi problems, did you look them up yet? If you can't fix it on your own, you can also send it in to Alpine for a much lower fee than it would be to replace at the dealer, so at least you have that option. I didn't have navi in my TSX though, so I'm not much help here - sorry.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Should I try to unplug the battery for a couple minutes and see if that helps? I'm afraid that if the system doesn't work, then if I do then I won't be able to enter in the navi code and it will just make the problem worse