Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vandals - Rim Stolen Car f-ed up... Pics / Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by I-MOD
Not sure how I became the bad guy here I'm just trying to explain some facts and layout how things are setup for some of the members who aren't in our area. I consider Jeff a friend and I'm actually the guy who told him to go see Pam to get his trans fixed. I'm looking out for him but I'm also trying to be the voice of reason on some other aspects of this situation that are getting out of control. People who know nothing of this place, of Jeff or his car are ranting about facts they don't truly know. I'm adding my input because I do know the car and everyone involved. This isn't a bad dealership. Me and hundreds of other Acura owners have had nothing but great results there. This matter was handled badly and that totally sucks. In the end I'm sure they will make things right with Jeff. I have never seen them not take care of things like that. But there is a process and people that have to get involved to approve things and review what happened. By calling the GM an ass hole and bashing the place it's hardly going to make them want to go the extra mile when legally they don't have to. In the end nobody has let things play out to see what the final result would be before making judgements. His car is still in the bay being worked on as we speak so how can we say the matter is closed and formulate an opinion on how they delt with it? I'm not saying you guys are wrong I'm saying let things play out and let people like me who are closer to the situation provide more info before you go off about the outcome.

D.
Yes, HIS CAR IS IN THE bay NOW, exactly where it should have been from day one....... That is why you don't make one customer pay for your lack of ineffeicency by not getting other customers cars work completed on time which is why the OP's car sat outside since they probably couldn't finish all the other customers cars on time....... YOU will CONVINCE NO ONE that the DEALER is NOT responsible.. NO WAY ..
ONCE AGAIN
#1 OP should have had a day set to bring his car in for service, and the dealer can't get his car in a bay to service it on time?
#2 They had a gate, but under construction they took it down?
# 3 He gave them his keys, and they probably didn't tell him his car would be siting outside.
# 4 Complete lack of respect for him as a customer and told him to pound sand
#5 Awesome mission statement online preaching customer satisfaction, too bad the only time this is tested is when there is a problem, and they failed miserably.
#6 THOUSANDS of views on this thread and only more to come, this dealer needs to make an attempt to step up to the plate and AT LEAST admit partial FAULT
Old 08-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Burning Brakes

I will be visiting a construction site in NORCAL tomorrow..... And i will show you how easy it is to secure a site.. It take me about 15 seconds...

I will post some pics, and it will be hilarious...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:36 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
OK Guys..

At this point, the statement should be "It is what it is"

I-MOD makes some very good points even if several people do not agree with him; and for that matter his statements about liability issues for the most part are accurate. The dealership is NOT liable as long as they took adequate measures to secure the vehicle, which in VA can simply mean locking the car doors. I-MOD has worked with me over the past several years (and also the past few days in dealing with the dealership) to make my car what it was and I truly thank him for that and respect what he has to say to the utmost...

Seems almost like the situation has gotten out of hand. The car is currently getting the warranty work finished so that I can just go pick it up and put the whole mess behind me.

No lawyers, no TV crews, I am just going to let my insurance deal with it and whatever they want to do with the dealership is up to them.

My biggest issue with the dealership is not the denial of liability (this is why we all pay for good insurance) but rather just with the customer service in general. It is very easy to allow the emotional attachment to override the business mentality of just handling the situation.

I will hopefully get my vehicle back this afternoon and spend the next few weekends with a few cases of beer while cranking on some wrenches under my car. Gotta love it.

So... Do I go with the Legends this time??
Old 08-10-2007, 07:11 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Again not sure why you have me in yur gun sites.
Why did they take down the gate for construction? How the hell do I know? I'm just simply saying that is what happened based on my visits there. For the record almost every dealership in my area has unsecure areas where they leave cars that are in for service. I have been a mechanic and car fanatic for over 15 years. I visit a lot of dealerships all over the country and most every one is like that. I understand how service bays work because I worked as a Honda mechanic for 6 years. Cars sit outside all the time as parts are ordered or becuse they can't be pulled in easity due to mechanical issues. Happes every day across the country.
#1 had he wanted to come get his car and bring it back when the trans came in I'm sure he could have.
#2 Yes, part of the gate was removed for construction not the whole thing. Not sure why this is a big deal. Like I said most places don't secure the service lot at all.
#3 Yes he gave them his keys and in most places it sits outside. If your not sure the best bet is to ask if it will and if that is a problem request it be stored inside. I do this when I drop my car at Radley and like I said earlier. Pam does her best to make sure that happens as space allows. This dealership is expanding but it is also a VW dealership which shares the same bay as the Acura dealership. It's very tight and small at the moment. Thus the reason for expansion.
#4 At what point in this have I not said I though it was handled badly by the dealership?
#5 See number 4
#6 See my previous post about us all allowing time for this to play out and then make up our minds if it was finally resolved to Jeff's satisfaction. As said before they aren't even finished working on it yet.

As you can see by Jeff's post we have a relationship and I care about his car as much as I do my own. It was hard for me to see the pics and when I did I was on the phone talking to him 5 mins later. After I hung up I called the dealership to talk to them. I'm posting all of this because I care about what happens but I also care about the hard working staff they have at Radley. As Jeff himself will tell you Pam is a rare gem when it comes to service advisors. She goes the extra mile for me and everyone I refer to her for service. She and Rick have done a great job in helping Jeff with this mess. Sure other areas of his dealings with Radley haven't been to his satifaction and that is unfortunate but my point is the WHOLE dealership isn't a bad place because of it.

D.

Originally Posted by desper
Yes, HIS CAR IS IN THE bay NOW, exactly where it should have been from day one....... That is why you don't make one customer pay for your lack of ineffeicency by not getting other customers cars work completed on time which is why the OP's car sat outside since they probably couldn't finish all the other customers cars on time....... YOU will CONVINCE NO ONE that the DEALER is NOT responsible.. NO WAY ..
ONCE AGAIN
#1 OP should have had a day set to bring his car in for service, and the dealer can't get his car in a bay to service it on time?
#2 They had a gate, but under construction they took it down?
# 3 He gave them his keys, and they probably didn't tell him his car would be siting outside.
# 4 Complete lack of respect for him as a customer and told him to pound sand
#5 Awesome mission statement online preaching customer satisfaction, too bad the only time this is tested is when there is a problem, and they failed miserably.
#6 THOUSANDS of views on this thread and only more to come, this dealer needs to make an attempt to step up to the plate and AT LEAST admit partial FAULT
Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by wackjum
I agree. Sounds like an inside job.

Has happened a few times around here (Houston).
+1
Old 08-10-2007, 07:20 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

It's funny isn't it how this state can be so damn anal about every little thing but when you need a law in your favor it never is LOL Typical VA.
Like I said on the Phone Jeff, I'm here if you need any help at all. When you get the parts in I'm more then happy to donate my time to getting your car back to it's normal hotness. We'll crack a beer or two and have some fun posing some bent up ass A-SPEC side skirts on E-bay. We can do like the guys that curb the hell out of a set of wheels and put "light damage, easily fixed" haha

D.

Originally Posted by jmbnova
OK Guys..

At this point, the statement should be "It is what it is"

I-MOD makes some very good points even if several people do not agree with him; and for that matter his statements about liability issues for the most part are accurate. The dealership is NOT liable as long as they took adequate measures to secure the vehicle, which in VA can simply mean locking the car doors. I-MOD has worked with me over the past several years (and also the past few days in dealing with the dealership) to make my car what it was and I truly thank him for that and respect what he has to say to the utmost...

Seems almost like the situation has gotten out of hand. The car is currently getting the warranty work finished so that I can just go pick it up and put the whole mess behind me.

No lawyers, no TV crews, I am just going to let my insurance deal with it and whatever they want to do with the dealership is up to them.

My biggest issue with the dealership is not the denial of liability (this is why we all pay for good insurance) but rather just with the customer service in general. It is very easy to allow the emotional attachment to override the business mentality of just handling the situation.

I will hopefully get my vehicle back this afternoon and spend the next few weekends with a few cases of beer while cranking on some wrenches under my car. Gotta love it.

So... Do I go with the Legends this time??
Old 08-10-2007, 07:29 AM
How may I help you.....?

It's funny isn't it how this state can be so damn anal about every little thing but when you need a law in your favor it never is LOL Typical VA.
Like I said on the Phone Jeff, I'm here if you need any help at all. When you get the parts in I'm more then happy to donate my time to getting your car back to it's normal hotness. We'll crack a beer or two and have some fun posing some bent up ass A-SPEC side skirts on E-bay. We can do like the guys that curb the hell out of a set of wheels and put "light damage, easily fixed" haha

D.

Next call is to the body shop you recommended... I have a few ideas they can help with... I think I am going to change the look of the car...
Old 08-10-2007, 07:31 AM
How may I help you.....?

Forgot to say...

The service department advisors have been EXCELLENT in keeping me updated on what was happening and in making sure they got the car back to me in a SAFE driving condition...
Old 08-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
I-Mod, I know you're trying to do the right thing, but I don't think you're hearing what Desper is saying. You are missing two of his key points.

1. With constuction equipment and/or materials on-site it is normally *more* likely that a job site will have a security gate in place - to protect the materials and equipment from theft.

2. Say I have the dealer loaner locked in my garage and take a day trip. I come back that night and find that someone broke in the back garage door and vandalized or stole the loaner. Who is liable? Me or the Dealer? The *normal* answer is "me" - I have posession, I've been entrusted to care for the car "appropriately", it is on my property and I am insured. Why is it different for the dealer in this case? Even better, what if the car is parked in my (ungated) driveway?

I agree with your second point as well....I think thats why when you get a loaner, they ask for your insurance card and make a copy of it along with your drivers license...Basically, the loaner is your sole responsibilty, and if anything happens to it, even theft, your responsible....Thats why the insurance helps...>So I think that the dealers insurance should have taken care of this one...And also, i think the fact that the OP's insurance is going to go after the dealership speaks volumes....His insurance knows that they are liable, and they are going to go after them for the money. At least his insurance company did the responsible thing (if thats possible by an insurance company, lol, juss jokin ).
Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Ask to talk to Steve if he is available. He is the owner at Vision Autographics and a great guy. Their paint guys is the shit to.
While it's in have them paint the grill and hood trim

Next call is to the body shop you recommended... I have a few ideas they can help with... I think I am going to change the look of the car...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:17 AM
How may I help you.....?

Ask to talk to Steve if he is available. He is the owner at Vision Autographics and a great guy. Their paint guys is the shit to.
While it's in have them paint the grill and hood trim
I have some ideas.... and I may need you to black out the lights (I still think I would mess it up)...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
lilvinnyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos to vision auto graphic. They re-painted my RJ kit and did not give me any of that "aftermarket kit" crap. They even guaranteed the paint job as some others would not do.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Instructor

How would blockin access with cars prevent wheel theft? I'm not saying your wrong I just don't see you point on how this would help?
I can't answer the other points as I don't operate or work at the dealership. If I recall though Jeff keeps his wheel locks in the glove box anyway so there was no reaon for them to even know he had locks until it came time to work on the car and usually what Pam does is call the owner to ask where they keep the key. Keep in mind here, he dropped this car off and it was waiting to be worked on. The trans was on order so it was on the lot waiting for it to arrive. They wouldn't need to pull the wheels until time to install it.

D.
Would you agree a gated lot is more secure than a non gated lot? If a thief can drive into the lot and park right next to the car that is out sight it's much easier to steal 4 sets of rims. If they have to park 50 yards away and hall 4 sets of rims across the dealer's lot which is hopefully well lit then load up into their that will take substantially longer and include more risk of being seen.

You mentioned above people are treating the GM poorly through email. How said for him; that's what happens when you're a jerk. All the emails I have seen posted have been professional and courteous.

You also say you think the GM will make things right for Jeff which contradicts a post you had earlier that said the GM's feelings are hurt so he won't do anything now.

jmbnova,

I know that my insurance rates would go up if I had to make a claim. I currently have "No-Accident" and "Claim-Free" discounts. This is a claim on your comprehensive and your premium hopefully won't go up but you might lose any discounts you have which will effectively increase your premium.

It appears you have given up on the situation so perhaps we should all retire from the thread anyways.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:48 AM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by jay0k

jmbnova,

I know that my insurance rates would go up if I had to make a claim. I currently have "No-Accident" and "Claim-Free" discounts. This is a claim on your comprehensive and your premium hopefully won't go up but you might lose any discounts you have which will effectively increase your premium.

It appears you have given up on the situation so perhaps we should all retire from the thread anyways.
Not really anything to give up from... I had to contact my insurance company and as soon as I did that, they now represent me with whatever they are going to do. It is a comprehensive claim so my rates will not increase.

I am not 'rocking the boat' right now because they do have my car up on a lift with the transmission ripped apart... not a good time to piss people off.

I-MOD id helping me with the GM so I will wait to see what comes of it...
Old 08-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe I was not clear. They HAD a gate up it was taken down as part of construction to allow for heavy equipment and large materials to be able to acces the area. I'm sure they plan to put up a nice new secure gate again once complete. Even if they don't it's not required. When you leave your car there it's a risk you take. So yea, you leave your key with them. If your car is stolen from your driveway as you sleep inside with the key should the cops and your insurance blame you? You had posession of the car and keys, you could have secured it better. If they tried to say the same thing to you you would be like fuck that, what am I supposed to do put the car in my living room? How is that different then this? People and businesses do what they can to prevent theft but the world is full of ass holes who will do what they can to take other peoples stuff. That will never stop.
Like I said the dealership could have done a better job in dealing with Jeff and he and I have talked about this. But in the end it's not their fault this happened.
In the past I have asked that my car be put in the bay at night if there was room and they have done that. They don't have space to do that for every car but Pam would do her best to try to make sure it happened if asked. They can't offer that to every customer if they did they would spend 2 hours a day movin cars in and out and people would bitch that service was slow. I know this is messed up but you guys have to see the whole thing not just focus on how it was handled as a reason to bash the dealership. Vent all you want about them not being more helpful to Jeff but the fact is it's not the dealerships fault or their liability. I think at this point even Jeff arees with this.
I-Mod,

I understand where you are comming from and on a purely legal standpoint the dealership may not be civily liable for the damage to the TL, but morally they are 100% responsible to do the right thing. Thieves are pieces of SH*T and they are the ones at fault here! The thief could have broken into the bay and stolen his rims probably just as easily as he/she did outside. As stated by you, the real issue here was how the GM handled this situation. He handled it extremely poorly and unprofessionaly. He treated his customer like a second rate citizen. He treated his customer like his time was much more important than this "Nobody" customers. He treated his customer like I would guess he treats all of his customers. Unfortunately for him, this time his customer has a voice and it has been heard by many. One way or another this issue will be taken care of by the insurance company or the dealership or both. The GM is the LEADER! he is the Boss!, he sets policy! HE IS THE EXAMPLE! If this is the way he treats his customers then there is no doubt that his example is mimicked by his employee's under him. This incident speaks volumes to me in regards to this GM's Integrity. He treated Jeff like a "NOBODY". Do you know what Integrity is...It's doing the right thing when nobody is watching. It's doing the right thing because it's the right thing and not because a ton of angry customers start ranting about an injustice. This whole situation could have been avoided if the GM had simply treated Jeff with some courtesy and respect. A simple sir, I am terribly sorry for the unfortunate theft and damage to your car while in our care and custody. Sir, legally let me explain to you why we are not financially responsible for this heinous act. Now sir do not fret, your Insurance Co. will cover the cost of repairing your car and we will cooperate with them to the fullest of our ability as well as any Police action that can be taken. We want to catch these people as much as you do. I also feel violated by the fact that they came into my business and I feel like they stole from me too. I still feel very bad about what happened and I value you as a customer and I want to make this right for you. What can I say or do to make you feel confident that we value your business. How about I pay your deductible if you have to pay one, or I'll give you a $500 service credit etc...etc...blah...blah..blah! I bet then Jeff's post would have been a rant directed towards the thieves instead of the dealership. In fact he probably would have praised the dealership for it's exceptional quality and customer service in which case I would have definitely taken my business to Radley Acura. Even if I have to pay a little more money I will do it if the business has a proven track record for having Integrity and true customer service. Man the more I think about this the more irritated I get. Well Rob, if you are reading this post, let it be known that the poor way in which you treated one of your customers has without a doubt cost you several thousand dollars of my business. Good day to you Sir, I hope you have softened your pride and learned a lesson on how important customer service is even to your "no-name" customers and the effect word of mouth and the internet can have.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by conan777
The GM is the LEADER! he is the Boss!, he sets policy! HE IS THE EXAMPLE! .

LMAO! Sorry off topic, but dude, thats awesome! LOL! I can imagine Conan yelling this and swingin a big ass sword! Lol!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Intermediate

OK, so the dealer won't pay shit for what happened. Flat out stated that he was not liable because the car was locked.

My insurance quote came in at $6355.64 but I do not know everything that he listed as fucked up until I get the written report later this week. he is cutting me a check.

I told the dealer to go find some fucking rims and get my car on a lift and put the new tranny in the car. Once that is done, I'm going to take my stock rims down there and make them give me the f-in car. I refuce to give them anymore money. Then i will take my car home and order all of the parts that i can fix myself.

Last step, order new rims and take the ride to a body shop to fix the scratches and gashes...

Pretty much all I can do at this point. I have been pretty good about not bitching about the dealership, but at this point i will simply say Fuck Karen Radley Dealership and Fuck Rod Emmins the GM.

So what rims should I get now?
WOW, I'm sorry to hear that. How the fuck to they royally screw over one of their own customers like that?!?!?! If I were you, I'd find every complaint or consumer website on the web and air their asses out. It happened to a furniture store out my way, and they're no longer in business. Glad that your insurance company is taking care of you though. They probably cut you a chech for the preliminary damages. Once you actually get under the car, you'll probably get a better look at what else can be wrong.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Racer

Posted by I-MOD:
Like I said on the Phone Jeff, I'm here if you need any help at all. When you get the parts in I'm more then happy to donate my time to getting your car back to it's normal hotness. We'll crack a beer or two and have some fun posting some bent up ass A-SPEC side skirts on E-bay. We can do like the guys that curb the hell out of a set of wheels and put "light damage, easily fixed" haha

D.

I-MOD you seem to be doing a stellar job as a mediator for Jeff and if you're the owner of http://www.i-modify.com/ then based on your reputation I think it is admirable what you are doing for him. That is impressive and I will definitely contact you ref some mods to my car in the future.

Ok, Jeff good luck! Again I hope everything works out for you! When your car is finished maybe you, me, I-MOD and lilviny can get together for a nice photoshoot!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jeff,

As one of the few other TL owners in NoVA, I thought I'd extend my sympathies and hope to see your car back in shape and on the road soon.

While no-one has messed with my TL yet, empathy comes easily as my Integra GS-R (my first car) had two of its alloy wheels taken while parked outside my apartment in Fairfax, then had various engines parts taken, then was taken away to have the engine and transmission removed... in Woodbridge.

Apart from a friendly chat with sales consultant Randy Jones many months ago, I've not had any dealings with Radley, but I hope that the business issues are resolved to your satisfaction. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that you're in good (literal and metaphorical) hands with Dennis.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:57 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I can help you with a light blackout... I've been practicing on ebay "breakers"...
I'm working on a plan as I type this.

I have some ideas.... and I may need you to black out the lights (I still think I would mess it up)...
Old 08-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Originally Posted by conan777
I-Mod,

I understand where you are comming from and on a purely legal standpoint the dealership may not be civily liable for the damage to the TL, but morally they are 100% responsible to do the right thing. Thieves are pieces of SH*T and they are the ones at fault here! The thief could have broken into the bay and stolen his rims probably just as easily as he/she did outside. As stated by you, the real issue here was how the GM handled this situation. He handled it extremely poorly and unprofessionaly. He treated his customer like a second rate citizen. He treated his customer like his time was much more important than this "Nobody" customers. He treated his customer like I would guess he treats all of his customers. Unfortunately for him, this time his customer has a voice and it has been heard by many. One way or another this issue will be taken care of by the insurance company or the dealership or both. The GM is the LEADER! he is the Boss!, he sets policy! HE IS THE EXAMPLE! If this is the way he treats his customers then there is no doubt that his example is mimicked by his employee's under him. This incident speaks volumes to me in regards to this GM's Integrity. He treated Jeff like a "NOBODY". Do you know what Integrity is...It's doing the right thing when nobody is watching. It's doing the right thing because it's the right thing and not because a ton of angry customers start ranting about an injustice. This whole situation could have been avoided if the GM had simply treated Jeff with some courtesy and respect. A simple sir, I am terribly sorry for the unfortunate theft and damage to your car while in our care and custody. Sir, legally let me explain to you why we are not financially responsible for this heinous act. Now sir do not fret, your Insurance Co. will cover the cost of repairing your car and we will cooperate with them to the fullest of our ability as well as any Police action that can be taken. We want to catch these people as much as you do. I also feel violated by the fact that they came into my business and I feel like they stole from me too. I still feel very bad about what happened and I value you as a customer and I want to make this right for you. What can I say or do to make you feel confident that we value your business. How about I pay your deductible if you have to pay one, or I'll give you a $500 service credit etc...etc...blah...blah..blah! I bet then Jeff's post would have been a rant directed towards the thieves instead of the dealership. In fact he probably would have praised the dealership for it's exceptional quality and customer service in which case I would have definitely taken my business to Radley Acura. Even if I have to pay a little more money I will do it if the business has a proven track record for having Integrity and true customer service. Man the more I think about this the more irritated I get. Well Rob, if you are reading this post, let it be known that the poor way in which you treated one of your customers has without a doubt cost you several thousand dollars of my business. Good day to you Sir, I hope you have softened your pride and learned a lesson on how important customer service is even to your "no-name" customers and the effect word of mouth and the internet can have.
I don't think I could have said it any better. Too many business owners/managers don't understand about customer service. All they care about is the bottom line. But what they don't understand is sometimes if you go out of your way to help someone, or spend a little money here and there you could actually help your bottom line.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:05 PM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

I stopped by and talked to Rod today for Jeff. He had already started talking to Ms. Radley who ownes the dealership before the emails started flowing in to him. He had planned to talk to Jeff more and see what more they could do to help out. I wasn't surprised when he told me this as he has always done a great job in the past to right any bad situations. Like I said before, things were still in the mix over this issue and I think everyone lashed out to soon on this. They plan to do what they can to be helpful and I'm sure will do a great job resolving his cars transmission problems. They will also look at things internally to see how they can be done better to prevent this from happening again. Rod isn't just sitting at his desking blowing this off. He has put a lot of things in motion as a result of this and will do what he can to keep it from happening to another customer.
Lets give this a day or so and if Karen Radley Acura hasn't done right by him then we can all chime in. For now I think it's best to let the process play out.
I know to some my input hasn't been appreciated but anyone who knows me knows I'm the type of person to help anyone in need and I care about people and thier cars like I would my own. I want to see a happen ending to this as much as anyone else.

D.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:16 PM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

I agree with this as well but I'm sure when Rod spoke to Jeff he didn't just say "hey Bud. your screwed and I don't care. " I'm not sure how it was communicated but I'm sure Rod was professional about it. Maybe it could have been done better in some way. I just can't see him blowing him off completely. Maybe Jeff can fill us in on that. In the end though Rod knows he wasn't happy and when I called him the other day and told him he said he would work on fixing that with Jeff. When I spoke to him today he was already working on it.

D.

Originally Posted by AMIC
I don't think I could have said it any better. Too many business owners/managers don't understand about customer service. All they care about is the bottom line. But what they don't understand is sometimes if you go out of your way to help someone, or spend a little money here and there you could actually help your bottom line.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by AMIC
Yeah, because some don't realize that if you please one customer, you can get a loyal customer for life. However, if you piss one off, that person will likely tell all their friends, family, extended family, internet buddies, etc to avoid your establishment like the plague.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
You can't really be this naive.

This *is* how "Real Businessmen" behave. And it is seems to be getting worse.
I have to take issue with you here. I bought an Acura based on personal anecdotes and experiences of two coworkers who have had nothing but sterling treatment by local Acura dealerships. I-MOD is saying the same kinds of things here, that he has had positive, personal experience with the dealership in question. This is called "word of mouth," and it counts for a lot, particularly in sales and service.

One of my TSX' salespeople sent me a nice note with his card, asking if there was anything he could do post-sale, and encouraging me to talk him up with others. How do you think his dealership would fare if I was left with a "they suck" attitude.

So, maybe for Wal*Mart, resist the customer is SOP. For luxury car dealerships, anti-customer tactics will cost them more than just legal fees. The money they might save by dueling with an ins. company will be multiplied many times over by possible loss of business based on bad local word of mouth. I'd be amazed if they let Jeff escape with a bad taste in his mouth.

Originally Posted by madmoodawg
If I were you, I'd find every complaint or consumer website on the web and air their asses out. It happened to a furniture store out my way, and they're no longer in business.
If there's anything that's unresolved after the dust settles, simply go to the local BBB for arbitration if the dealership won't acquiesce. Though ... it sounds from the last few posts that the dealership is relenting and making good. I sure hope they leave you with your car in fine mechanical condition AND a feeling that they've corrected their blundering service attitude and treated you as a valued client.

FWIW, I'm surprised anyone with specialty rims doesn't have wheel locks. Would this even have happened? If the lock keys were inside the glove box, would an opportunistic thief have smashed the window and set off the alarm?

RE; all the talk of fences and liability ... common sense dictates that a business with a few HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars worth of inventory and property would take reasonable steps to ensure the security of said property. That's why I mentioned "anyone call the police?" A police report would certainly be requested by Jeff's ins. company in determining their chances of recovering their loss. Probably already have. I concur with those who pointed out that Jeff turned over his keys to the dealer, leaving them responsible for basic security (e.g. didn't leave it unlocked, dinged the door by parking too close to another car, left windows open overnight and it rained. I would expect the dealership to take, again, reasonable steps to ensure the security of property under their control.

And BTW, hackerz, please don't go Death Wishing on their servers on behalf of the OP ... it would make matters worse. Much worse.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

^^ He HAS wheel locks. They unlocked his car, took the wheel lock key, and then the wheels.....All this sounds like an inside job, simply for the fact that the factory alarm didnt go off, they were able to jack up his car and get the equipment out, and no mention of security tapes has come out of it, but when you go to any dealership, you see security cams all over the place, espeically by self-drop off areas where a customer can drop off his/her car after hours. but "it is what it is" and Jeff's insurance company will hopefully get to the bottom of it, and make the owner and gm of that dealership "shit a 10 bedroom brick house"
Old 08-11-2007, 12:41 PM
i am so smart S M R T

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

it will be very interesting to see what if anything the gm/owner will do to remedy this situation. If nothing is "fixed" it will definitly stain My opinion of that dealership and probably my opinion of Acura as well. The only reason i dont still drive an audi is because of there poor customer service. If i cant count on Acura maybe i need to get a bimmer.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:54 AM
WDP TL

I've just spent a great deal of time reading this thread. Glad to see that it's pretty much over with, but sorry about the bad customer service.

You've got your money and all that, but i sympathize with you not being able to ever have your car the way you bought it again. I would hate that so much.

No matter what, I'd be thinking this part of the car is not what I paid for when I bought it. I don't know, it's hard to explain... It'll never be the same. At least.. for me. :P

Good luck on the future of your vehicle, and happy moddings.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:40 PM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Just spoke to Rod to see how things went when he spoke to Jeff. He said he told him he was willing to work with him on whatever he felt would help him get his car back in action and looking the way it was when he brought it there. He even gave him his personal cell number to reach him after hours should he need something while he was not at the dealership. I have known Rod a long time and Karen Radley Acura has been my dealership for over 12 years. I had no doubt they would step up ad make sure he was happy in the end and I'm glad to see that steps were made to get there.
As far as internal dealership things they are working on ways to make sure cars are more secure and is also looking at making sure nobody has access to customers keys after hours. He has not found anything to indicate it was an inside job but wants to make sure everthing is coverd so there isn't a chance of it happening anyway.

D.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Ev an' Tec

Originally Posted by avs007
That's why I always put my stock rims back on the car before I go to the dealer... Tho, not because I fear them getting stolen... I fear the dealer fscking up the rims by scraping them on a curb....
It's sad when people have to swap their wheels just to go to the dealer for service. If it gets to a point where it takes longer to strip your car before servicing it than the actual service, it might be easier just to bring the service dept to your house!

It was bad enough that I used to take out my cassettes when having my old car serviced, as if the mechanic had the same musical tastes and was going to steal them.

At least whoever stole the wheels won't be able to show them off on AZ in any photos!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Just spoke to Rod to see how things went when he spoke to Jeff. He said he told him he was willing to work with him on whatever he felt would help him get his car back in action and looking the way it was when he brought it there. He even gave him his personal cell number to reach him after hours should he need something while he was not at the dealership. I have known Rod a long time and Karen Radley Acura has been my dealership for over 12 years. I had no doubt they would step up ad make sure he was happy in the end and I'm glad to see that steps were made to get there.
As far as internal dealership things they are working on ways to make sure cars are more secure and is also looking at making sure nobody has access to customers keys after hours. He has not found anything to indicate it was an inside job but wants to make sure everthing is coverd so there isn't a chance of it happening anyway.

D.
Sounds really good.... I hope he reveals what he ended up getting in the end from the dealer and it is resolved very quickly...

Either way i would never take my car back to that dealer, once the trust and confidence is gone it is gone no matter what they give him..

Good Luck and let us know how they treat ya moving forward
Old 08-14-2007, 09:19 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Wow! I just saw this! Damn Jeff! That looks pretty f'cked up! I guess cooler heads are prevailing on this one, but much like Desper said - I would never go back there again! Hell-to-the-naw!!!!

Good looking out AZ on being supportive as well!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Cablevision Employee

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Ummm....are we still e-mailing? Im down.....
Old 08-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Instructor

geez... tried but can't go through all.

so wheres the cliff note.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Drifting

I sent my letter.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:03 AM
How may I help you.....?

Last Update

D.
Ok, so here is the last update. I have my vehicle back with a brand spanking new transmission and I must admit that I missed driving the car.. I forgot how much I really do love the way it drives. No trading in for me...

I have dealt with my own insurance company in getting the repairs done to my vehicle. My insurance company is now on the hook for the legal actions, if any, they want to persue against the dealership in regards to liability. I am not going to fight a dealership, that's what I pay my insurance to do. Now I will order all the parts, fix her up, then take her to a body shop for the finishing touches.

The GM did in fact call me to try and make things right and we are going down that path now. I cannot bash the dealership anymore, as they are trying to make things better, it was the initial lack of customer service that had me heated.

On another note, I want to thank D (I-MOD) for hleping me out by acting as a liason between myself and the dealership GM. He was the 'cooler head' during the entire situation for all of us involved. Thanks D.

All in all, I have my car back, waiting on the check from my insurance company and then I am going to make my baby the meanest motherfucker I can...
Old 08-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Burning Brakes

SO did the dealership end up hooking you up with anything or not?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
^+1
Old 12-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
5, almost 6 years later. I love you paperboy. You revivalist!
The following users liked this post:
CLtotheTL32 (01-02-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Not this time paperboy
When I see you post something, first thing I look at is the date now

Quick Reply: Vandals - Rim Stolen Car f-ed up... Pics / Help