3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vandals - Rim Stolen Car f-ed up... Pics / Help

Old 08-08-2007, 01:23 AM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to say Timmahh, you're absolutely wrong about this. The dealership was entrusted to hold the car and to make repairs. There is precedent for this. Its like if I leave someone to take care of a child, does that mean if the child dies that the babysitter is not responsible? There is a direct link to negligence in this example. Clearly there was not enough done by the dealership to ensure the safety of the cars. That said, the dealership has insurance, so they will just have to eat this.

The example you gave with the parking lot is full of holes, because there is no exclusion made that a simple disclaimer will prevent a possibility of being sued for negligence. By the way, there isn't necessarily "in parking lot we trust" statute, unlike what the OP experienced. Besides, if we go with your example, then we can say that the OP *can* indeed sue (if it comes to this) because there is nothing written that indemnifies the dealership from any and all possible losses to the car while in their possession.

Originally Posted by Timmahh
Unfortunately the the dealership is not responsible for this; if they offer to assist you with anything that's above and beyond, but they are not liable for what some punk shithead kid does because his parents didn't beat him when he was a child.

It's just like parking your car at a garage; read the parking ticket - owner not liable for any losses or stolen items.

Do you know if they locked your car that night?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Email BOMB

Maybe we can't all be there physically to show our support and solidarity, but I do have a few ideas that may or may not help to persuade the dealer to step up to the plate.

If there are email addresses for this dealership (SALES, SERVICE, MANAGERS) that you are aware of, post them here. Then EVERY MEMBER of this site who sympathizes with your cause can send them very polite, but firm emails stating that we all support you, and that we will forever boycott them en-masse in the event that they fail to return your car in the condition you left it at thier expense. Inform them in these emails that we are a large community and that we can generate a lot of bad will for them. We can all send these mails every day, multiple times, to every address you post here. Additionally we can send these mails to them from multiple addresses, so it appears that there are even MORE of us than there are in reality. One or two weeks of mail-bombs will surely get thier attention.

If we keep it up long enough and send enough mails, it will eventually flood their email server with so much crap, they will never forget you. Trust me, I administer corporate mail servers, and an email campaign that fills up everyone's inboxes can be disasterous, and make it difficult for them to conduct normal e-commerce. They can implement blocks, but if we send from different addresses, and with different subject lines, it's nearly impossible to stop the inbound barage.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
^LOL.

I kinda support this idea althought, could it backfire? who knows still sounds funny though.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ChicagoBurbs
Maybe we can't all be there physically to show our support and solidarity, but I do have a few ideas that may or may not help to persuade the dealer to step up to the plate.

If there are email addresses for this dealership (SALES, SERVICE, MANAGERS) that you are aware of, post them here. Then EVERY MEMBER of this site who sympathizes with your cause can send them very polite, but firm emails stating that we all support you, and that we will forever boycott them en-masse in the event that they fail to return your car in the condition you left it at thier expense. Inform them in these emails that we are a large community and that we can generate a lot of bad will for them. We can all send these mails every day, multiple times, to every address you post here. Additionally we can send these mails to them from multiple addresses, so it appears that there are even MORE of us than there are in reality. One or two weeks of mail-bombs will surely get thier attention.

If we keep it up long enough and send enough mails, it will eventually flood their email server with so much crap, they will never forget you. Trust me, I administer corporate mail servers, and an email campaign that fills up everyone's inboxes can be disasterous, and make it difficult for them to conduct normal e-commerce. They can implement blocks, but if we send from different addresses, and with different subject lines, it's nearly impossible to stop the inbound barage.
Dude....Thats a great idea!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLTrance
Sorry to say Timmahh, you're absolutely wrong about this. The dealership was entrusted to hold the car and to make repairs. There is precedent for this. Its like if I leave someone to take care of a child, does that mean if the child dies that the babysitter is not responsible? There is a direct link to negligence in this example. Clearly there was not enough done by the dealership to ensure the safety of the cars. That said, the dealership has insurance, so they will just have to eat this.

The example you gave with the parking lot is full of holes, because there is no exclusion made that a simple disclaimer will prevent a possibility of being sued for negligence. By the way, there isn't necessarily "in parking lot we trust" statute, unlike what the OP experienced. Besides, if we go with your example, then we can say that the OP *can* indeed sue (if it comes to this) because there is nothing written that indemnifies the dealership from any and all possible losses to the car while in their possession.

I agree. The dealer is liable if they were negligent in securing the car. If they placed it out in the middle of the street, they are obviously negligent. But in this case, finding negligence is a little tricky, but its still there. Im not sure how our security systems work entirely, but if the lock was jimmied in anyway, shouldnt have the alarm gone off? And if it didnt, was it deactivated by the dealer? If so, why was it deactivated so premature to the initiation of work? Secondly, security cameras. They are an outfit dealing with high dollar cars (anyone can argue this point all they want, but 30+K for cars high dollar to me), so where are the security tapes? If the lock was not jimmied open but opened via keys (so the alarm did not sound), why werent the keys placed in a locked box so as to make it difficult for thieves to access? How did thieves enter the premises? How did they get in jack into the premises to boost up the car? If they didnt use their own jacks, were the dealers jacks properly secured away? These are just some preliminary examples of how i can think the dealer was negligent in properly securing the car. All this really adds up to an inside job by a really stupid person, especially with the use of Acura batteries, lol! But it could be the work of a genius trying to convince people it was an inside job by using Acura batteries. Best of luck to the OP, i hope some of this is at least a bit helpful.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Update

OK, so the dealer won't pay shit for what happened. Flat out stated that he was not liable because the car was locked.

My insurance quote came in at $6355.64 but I do not know everything that he listed as fucked up until I get the written report later this week. he is cutting me a check.

I told the dealer to go find some fucking rims and get my car on a lift and put the new tranny in the car. Once that is done, I'm going to take my stock rims down there and make them give me the f-in car. I refuce to give them anymore money. Then i will take my car home and order all of the parts that i can fix myself.

Last step, order new rims and take the ride to a body shop to fix the scratches and gashes...

Pretty much all I can do at this point. I have been pretty good about not bitching about the dealership, but at this point i will simply say Fuck Karen Radley Dealership and Fuck Rod Emmins the GM.

So what rims should I get now?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats fucked up. Thats some real bullshit. Get a lawyer and fight this. They are suppose to be liable for what happens on their premises if you left the car with them. We bout to start spamming them.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by triton3k
thats fucked up. Thats some real bullshit. Get a lawyer and fight this. They are suppose to be liable for what happens on their premises if you left the car with them. We bout to start spamming them.
I don't think at this point I can get a lawyer. My insurance has already covered everything and has said they will go after the dealership for reimbursment.

I guess that's why i pay them every month....
Old 08-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Burning Brakes

What a crock dude. Im sorry to hear that they refuse to cooperate like real businessmen, but at least you will get reimbursed in one way or another. Its ridiculous that it took them that long to deny liablity (wrongfully...). I would to pay to see the sight on the Dealership Owner's and GM's faces when your insurance company goes after them with all their lawyers. Their asses are gonna shit a 10 bedroom brick house.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by ankur914
What a crock dude. Im sorry to hear that they refuse to cooperate like real businessmen, but at least you will get reimbursed in one way or another. Its ridiculous that it took them that long to deny liablity (wrongfully...). I would to pay to see the sight on the Dealership Owner's and GM's faces when your insurance company goes after them with all their lawyers. Their asses are gonna shit a 10 bedroom brick house.
I can only hope man....
Old 08-08-2007, 03:10 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i say go in the dealership with 2 lawyers by you and go straight to the GM. lets see how they like it... also, if they claimed the DOORS WERE LOCKED, why didnt the alarm go off?

now time for AZiners to go to that dealership and protesting until they pay for your damages the right way
Old 08-08-2007, 03:13 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
speaking of ten brick bedroom, the GM at my acura dealership have three car park in the garage of the dealership..bmw 7series, acura mdx, and Rl..all park in the same area....these guy getting paid alot to do nothing about complaints
Old 08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by drdamian
just go into the dealer and start to make a stink.. try to do it when there are a ton of people dropping their cars off for service. that will get their attention, and they won't be to "busy" for you.
Before I start my rant, I THINK WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU SUCKS MORE THAN THE NY YANKEES.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you to go in and make a scene (in Japan they say the first person to raise there voice in an argument has already lost).

Remain calm, if you go in there and act like a loud mouth blow hard, they are within their rights to ask you to leave the property. They really aren't responsible for this (I think it sucks, but its the truth) any thing they do for you is "good will". If you can calmly explain to the GM that this is causing you to lose faith in there service department and would keep you from returning, you will have much more success.

There has been a lot of talk about this being an inside job because the car was suspended on Acura batteries. What type of old batteries would you expect to find at an Acura dealership?

Just playing devils advocate here, but how does the dealership know it wasn't you who did it. You have the spare keys, you knew where the wheel lock key was, your finger prints will be all over the car anyway (I personally am NOT accusing you of this, just playing devils advocate).

Unfortunately, thieves think of the dealership as an unlimitled supply of free parts between 11:00 PM and about 3:00 AM. This is why most dealers put wheel locks on the cars the minute they come off the truck. My sister store (BMW) had 4 rims stolen off of a 7 series, it did over $5000 in damage to the car not to mention the cost of replacing the rims and tires (not cheap on any BMW, especially not a 7) and they didn't even leave it on blocks, they dropped it on it's rotors.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I'm just trying to be the voice of reason.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Let all of us know if there is anything that we can do.........

PLEASE, this is not right..

Take some time think it through and let us know we will make it happen
Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desper
Let all of us know if there is anything that we can do.........

PLEASE, this is not right..

Take some time think it through and let us know we will make it happen
As chicagoburb suggested, I think we should all send an email stating our disappointment in how the dealer handled the situation. Don't just tell them to f* off, make it intelligent and well written.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Racer

I would absolutely consult a lawyer. The whole "it was locked not our responsibility" is bullshit. Dealerships have insurance for reasons like this. Another note, the whole parking garage not liable thing is bullshit under certain circumstances. In this case the dealership had full control of your vehicle and with that comes liability.

This is the legal theory of BAILMENT. It is called Bailment for Hire in parking lot situations and is a contracted agreement. This is similar and it is time you consult a good attorney.

At the end of the day it may not be worth it to pursue legally, but at least figure out your options completely.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Racer

Additionally, I am not familiar with Virginia law, you need to consult that for a complete answer.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nhokt
As chicagoburb suggested, I think we should all send an email stating our disappointment in how the dealer handled the situation. Don't just tell them to f* off, make it intelligent and well written.

I would love do that, but i do not want to until the person who started this thread tells us it is OK for us to do... This is why i asked him, i dont want to jump the gun and end up hurting his case.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

I can't believe it's been 9 pages for what should have been a clear answer - Call your insurance company, let them deal with it. If the dealer has any liability, then your insurance company will collect from them.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Man just read everything on here. What happened to you sucks ass, and it sucks the dealership isn't paying for anything. Hope everything works out for you...
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
$6k nice man your insurance co came through man, I guess all you have to do now is hit up rondog and find out which you want on the TL now... Make sure you find a body shop that will guarantee you superb paint from the quote... From an emotional stand point I understand your car wont be the same... but with a check for $6k... ITS GONNA BE BETTER MAN

I think this nightmare is at an end... Just let us know how much the insurance co gets reimbursed cuz then you will get a check in the mail for your deductible since they deduct it from the initial check... take care of the tl now... buy a dog and keep em inside the car lol
Old 08-09-2007, 07:00 AM
How may I help you.....?

Thank You to Everyone

I undrstand all of the comments posted in the previous 9 pages and i thank you all for each and everyone of them. As I stated, my insurance company has already issued me a check for the damages and will persue the dealership with its own lawyers.

When I contacted my lawyer, he stated that in the case of bailment, (at least in VA) I would have to prove that the dealership was negligent in securing my vehicle. Basically, if the dealership had the car locked, then they can make a strong case that they are not liable.

What upsets me the most is the ethical fiber of the Management of this particular dealership. Vehicles are a retail purchase and most retail philosophies is to make the customer happy. Even a small token of something would have been nice. If the GM had seemed like he gave the smallest care in the world, I might not be so pissed off.

I will never conduct business with that dealership again and i will also tell every single person who will listen to me that I will not conduct business with that dealership again.

I would love to have people send the dealership emails saying that they would not be going to the dealer again based on thier lack of customer service but I cannot find a good contact email address for anyone there. Only thing I could find was the Contact Us page on thier website.

This sucks, but I will get the car fixed and be back on the road in no time.. Oh, and I might even get a full Magnaflow exhaust out of this too... Now, do i get the Inspyres again or the Legends
Old 08-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Pro

^ For some reason, I like the legends on the TL.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 AM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by Macruz19
^ For some reason, I like the legends on the TL.
You know, I absolutley loved my Brilliant Chrome Inspyres on my ride... you could see the spinning flashes reflecting off other cars as you drove doewn the road...

But now I am kinda thinking about those Legends... Wish the Legends came in Brilliant Chrome...
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by jmbnova
You know, I absolutley loved my Brilliant Chrome Inspyres on my ride... you could see the spinning flashes reflecting off other cars as you drove doewn the road...

But now I am kinda thinking about those Legends... Wish the Legends came in Brilliant Chrome...

If I didn't have A-Spec rims, I would get the Legends. Since you like the Inspyres, just get them again

If you get Ron Jon wheels again, do you think someone would attempt to steal your wheels again?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:42 AM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by Macruz19
If I didn't have A-Spec rims, I would get the Legends. Since you like the Inspyres, just get them again

If you get Ron Jon wheels again, do you think someone would attempt to steal your wheels again?
I live in a pretty secure neighborhood and for work, I park in a secure garage so I am not too worried... Had them before and they didn't get stolen until they went to the damn dealer...
Old 08-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
This is painful for me...

OK, so I took my car into the dealership because of some noises in my transmission... Turns out that they had to pull the entire tranny and replace it with a brand new one...

Tranny is in transit, but I get a call from the dealership yesterday asking me to come by. Turns out, Friday night, my car was sitting in the dealership parking lot. Someone came by, jimmied open the passenger door, pulled my tire key, ripped off my rims, then dropped the car onto two car batteries. (Acura specific batteries)...
Of course, someone called the police ...?

And you immediately called your insurance firm ...? I would follow your insurance agent's advice. Car's not permanently damaged (you didn't mention in this 1st post), so still driveable after being returned to previous condition. If if can't be restored to your "drop off" condition, then I would presume it's a write off. And if you buy from that dealership, they ought to sell to you at invoice price. Just my $0.02.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Pro

I live in a pretty secure neighborhood and for work, I park in a secure garage so I am not too worried... Had them before and they didn't get stolen until they went to the damn dealer...
Yeah that's true if you say your area is secure, but it seems like someone at the dealership who did this. Again good luck on what your situation on what you do with the car.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:40 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
You can't really be this naive.

This *is* how "Real Businessmen" behave. And it is seems to be getting worse. It is unfortunate and one of the most disturbing trends in society today (IMHO). But it is also how it has always been (they didn't call JP Morgan and gang Robber Barrons for nothing).

The Dealership owner already knows what is going on and has approved the GM's "plan of action."

They EXPECT to get sued. They've probably already alerted or met with *their* lawyers. They hope to settle for less than the actual cost of repair and replacement.

Get a clue. You're letting emotion cloud your reasoning.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:59 AM
AZ Community Team

Rod Emmons
General Manager
rodemmons@radleyautogroup.com

Earl Bainbridge
Pre Owned Sale Director
earlbainbridge@radleyautogroup.com

Minks Kamara
Sales Consultant
minkskamara@radleyautogroup.com

Jermain Flanagan
Sales Consultant
jermainflanagan@radleyautogroup.com

Phil Arellano
Sales Consultant
philarellano@radleyautogroup.com

Jabari Peddie
Sales Consultant
jabaripeddie@radleyautogroup.com

Craig Francis
Sales Consultant
craigfrancis@radleyautogroup.com

Kenneth Lee
Sales Consultant
kennethlee@radleyautogroup.com

John Paolantonio
Sales Consultant
johnpaolantonio@radleyautogroup.com

Jarett Spicer
Internet Sales Manager
jarettspicer@radleyautogroup.com

BreAnn Rodriguez
Internet Sales Manager
breannrodriguez@radleyautogroup.com
My guess is the owner is karenradley@radleyautogroup.com
Old 08-09-2007, 09:05 AM
AZ Community Team

Also found:

mgmtoffice@radleyautogroup.com
Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Pro

OH BOY....Looks like these people are gonna HATE AZINERS!

If you do write these people, remember to be NICE...No need to insult, threaten or abuse. Just make your point in a SANE, COMPOSED, NON-HARRASSING manner or they won't take us seriously.

Otherwise, let the campaign begin.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
You can't really be this naive.

This *is* how "Real Businessmen" behave. And it is seems to be getting worse. It is unfortunate and one of the most disturbing trends in society today (IMHO). But it is also how it has always been (they didn't call JP Morgan and gang Robber Barrons for nothing).

The Dealership owner already knows what is going on and has approved the GM's "plan of action."

They EXPECT to get sued. They've probably already alerted or met with *their* lawyers. They hope to settle for less than the actual cost of repair and replacement.

Get a clue. You're letting emotion cloud your reasoning.

Lol! Ok, so i shouldnt have used the term "Real". I know, real businessmen do behave as they are doing so now, but i should have said "Ethical and Honest", but can we really have these two words next to word businessman (or lawyer for that matter, lol)? Hahah, juss playin
Old 08-09-2007, 09:42 AM
How may I help you.....?

Dude... you are awesome...

This is the guy who basically told me to go screw.
Rod Emmons
General Manager

If people really want to start an e-mail campaign on my behalf, I would not stop them. Again, like I have said, the lack of customer service (Not the liability issues) is what upsets me the most. They say that customer satisfaction is thier top priority but they are obviously full of shit.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:44 AM
AZ Community Team

Lol! Ok, so i shouldnt have used the term "Real". I know, real businessmen do behave as they are doing so now, but i should have said "Ethical and Honest", but can we really have these two words next to word businessman (or lawyer for that matter, lol)? Hahah, juss playin

S'Alright. It shouldn't be this way. Sucks that it is.

And at 22 you are far too young to be as cynical and grumpy as some of us "old" guys.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 AM
How may I help you.....?

S'Alright. It shouldn't be this way. Sucks that it is.

And at 22 you are far too young to be as cynical and grumpy as some of us "old" guys.
Quoted for truth.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Pro

Dude... you are awesome...

This is the guy who basically told me to go screw.
Rod Emmons
General Manager

If people really want to start an e-mail campaign on my behalf, I would not stop them. Again, like I have said, the lack of customer service (Not the liability issues) is what upsets me the most. They say that customer satisfaction is thier top priority but they are obviously full of shit.

Perhaps Jim, you'd like to compose a letter that expresses your feelings best, and on your behalf we could copy the text (and pics if you like) and keep sending that letter. What u think?
We'd love to make these guys squirm.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:03 AM
How may I help you.....?

OK, so I just emailed this to the Ron Emmons, Karen Radley and mgmtgroup email addresses.

Ron,

I just wanted to touch base with you as I could not come down to the dealership yesterday in person. I understand Rick has worked extremely hard to get my vehicle lifted off of the ground and into the shop for the original transmission replacement under warranty and also to repair the brake shields; destroyed when my car was dropped to the ground, they now pose a safety issue until replaced. Rick is working extremely hard to get my vehicle back to me tomorrow.

Also, it is my understanding that you are not going to accept liability for the $6355.64 in damages done to my car while awaiting service on your lot. As I am sure you know, your website states:

"As a group of dealerships headed by a woman, we have fought hard to win and maintain the respect of the manufacturers we represent. As a result, they have often cited our reputation, and mode of doing business, as a model for other dealers to emulate.

Buying or servicing your vehicle at a Radley facility provides special advantages including knowing that you will be doing business with a dealership that is owned and operated by a former regulator for the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles - which means you can count on us to always conduct business based on the highest of ethical standards."

-however at no time during the course of our business have I had any belief that the dealership management was acting "as a model for other dealers to emulate" or "conducting business on the highest of ethical standards". My question to you is are you willing to offer any type of compensation to ensure customer satisfaction of a loyal Acura owner.

Please let me know if you are willing to offer any type of customer satisfaction in regards to this situation before I take back responsibility of my vehicle tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jeff Balisle

we will see if this gets any type of response...
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Instructor

any lawyers here that can help out Jeff?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Mike's Silver Bullet

So if they haven't 'taken responsibility' by then, how are you going to take it back with no wheels?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vandals - Rim Stolen Car f-ed up... Pics / Help