3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vandals - Rim Stolen Car f-ed up... Pics / Help

Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USAA is a great insurance company. They shold take care of you no problems. Whenever I have had a insurance issue, they treat me like gold.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:16 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Anansi
Jeff,

Not that it carries a whole lot of weight, but every little bit helps. Feel free to remind them of all of the negative press they will receive from your friendly AZ community that will influence service and purchase decisions of those of us in NOVA.
Thanks man... nice to see alot of support from these guys eventhough i have been away from the site for awhile...

Originally Posted by GsrRussell
USAA is a great insurance company. They shold take care of you no problems. Whenever I have had a insurance issue, they treat me like gold.
I have had USAA since the day I got my learners permit.. (holy shit that was a long time ago) They immediately put me in touch with thier legal department after i stated that the car had been sitting there and I had received no contact. Great company and i would highly recommend them to anyone...
Old 08-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats crazy to hear. Looks like they are going above and beyond to be d!cks and not try to accomodate you and your request.
Dealerships do everything to get your business but once they get it they couldnt give a sh!t about you after that.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Instructor

Jeff: Sorry for your loss. I looked at the imageshack shots of your car, nice ride. I will be interested to see how this all plays out for those of us that have spent a small fortune on wheels and wonder what would happen if we were in your situation. Sorry you have to be the test case.

Knowledge is power!! so find out as much as you can on your rights before you get into any discussions with the dealer. Having your insurance company behind you on this should definitely add to your position. I do not understand why they are avoiding talking to you? Maybe they are in discussions with their lawyers to see how bad the situation is. Looking at your pictures I can't believe that there isn't some structural damage to the car being dropped on those batteries. If and when they do fix your car do not sign off on anything until you are completely satisfied that EVERYTHING has been fixed. Good luck...
Old 08-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by jmbnova
I have had USAA since the day I got my learners permit.. (holy shit that was a long time ago) They immediately put me in touch with thier legal department after i stated that the car had been sitting there and I had received no contact. Great company and i would highly recommend them to anyone...
Big mistake by the dealership to not contact you. USAA probably needed its counsel to deal with the matter since the car is in the dealership's possession and control rather than yours.

Send the USAA counsel this thread (or at least your posts, as they explain your situation) to minimize follow-up questions, and let the lawyer work on the problem. I wouldn't expect it to take more than a couple of days before the car is in a repair shop.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

That is horrible..You should also contact the Regional Manager and let it be known due to this dealership's lack of customer care you are escalating your actions. If you were in the Tri State Area you could put this dealership on blast with Help Me Howard http://cw11.trb.com/news/local/eveni...=wpix-home-nav
Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
How may I help you.....?

Anyone know the Acura Customer Care number so I can call and bitch?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't know if you've ever heard of the website The Consumerist, but they love stories like this. They actually do some investigative work too. A little negative publicity in a big public forum could have the dealership falling over backwards to help you.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:10 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by AMIC
Don't know if you've ever heard of the website The Consumerist, but they love stories like this. They actually do some investigative work too. A little negative publicity in a big public forum could have the dealership falling over backwards to help you.
Well the GM finally called me back and was very polite in explaining to me that they were not responsible and that I needed to have it fixed by my insurance company as they were not going to cover the damages.

I am on hold right now with Acura Client Services and the dude I am talking to is pissed... this could get fun.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:17 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by AMIC

I was thinking the same thing... Outside of the legal ramifications of the decribed "bailment" above, they wanna play hardball, contact fox5dc and get the press involved.

The public loves stories of the big bad corporation beating up the little man, and the press knows it. They'll make thing right before that story ever runs.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
How may I help you.....?

So apparently if the dealer did not do the damage personally, then they are not held liable by either thier insurance company or by Acura Client Services...

Fuck me, I need a drink...
Old 08-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Did the cops come and investigate the scene?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
That's bullshit :|. Is there anything else you can do or are you just going to have to go through your insurance company.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:31 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by tsxinva
Did the cops come and investigate the scene?
Yeah.. filed a police report and they dusted for prints. Doesn't matter though, I would put money on the fact that it was someone who works there... and all they have to say is "what? I work here and touched the car"
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by TylerT
That's bullshit :|. Is there anything else you can do or are you just going to have to go through your insurance company.
Nope, I dont think there is anything else I can do except have my insurance take care of it...

I think that once this shit gets fixed, I may get rid of the car... I just can't imagine driving it after it was violated... the pictures still make me cringe...
Old 08-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nope, I dont think there is anything else I can do except have my insurance take care of it...

I think that once this shit gets fixed, I may get rid of the car... I just can't imagine driving it after it was violated... the pictures still make me cringe...
Dude, I totally feel your pain. I have had my truck broken into twice in my drive way, WITH THE ALARM ON in my driveway!!

I am good friends with the service managers at the dealership where I get my work done. In the past, if I had to get just a day service done, they would suggest I just bring it back, rather then leave it there overnight. It really makes you think about how often this type of thing happens.

I really hope that everything works out for you. If I could, I would treat you to that drink!!

Good luck, Jason
Old 08-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Drink some beer and be satisfied that at least you have insurance and it will be covered. Acura customer service is a huge disappointment for me now; even though under the letter of the law they may not be technically liable.

The analogy several have gave "I park the dealer's loaner in my garage; next morning it's smashed up and wheels are missing" Who is responsible? I guarantee Acura will have your insurance company on the phone ASAP and a check in their hands in a couple days.

I realize you probably just want to get past this but sending a note to the consumerist and to your local television station might save the day.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah.. filed a police report and they dusted for prints. Doesn't matter though, I would put money on the fact that it was someone who works there... and all they have to say is "what? I work here and touched the car"
Was the car worked on before it was violated? How long was it there before it was violated. If it was there just a day or so and no work was done on it and they find employees fingerprints all over it then it may well be an inside job. If you are getti g the tranny replaced there should be no reason to have multiple prints...Ya feel me.

Just my
Old 08-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

I'd still put them on tv eventhough I know nothing will come out of it.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Intermediate

Wow. Def messed up situation.
Hope the dealership takes care of you which ever way you decide to go.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I almost bought my ride from them back in April. Based on how I see they treat their customers, I'm glad I gave my $$$ to another dealership.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Instructor

Alright who's with me with the idea of driving down to that dealship and give them a storm! So at least one saturday or sunday they won't have any sales!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Ya know what the worst part is... Jeff said he needed a new tranny!

So when he gets the BS fixed, he's still gotta deal with that.

Holy Christ, I have lost all faith in America and it's lack of personal and thical accountability...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Instructor

it's time to call all the news channel at around your area, and get those "help me howard" shit.. (that new york)
Old 08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Instructor

ABC does alot of these press video to help victom. Maybe you should give them a call!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Instructor

Alright who's with me with the idea of driving down to that dealship and give them a storm! So at least one saturday or sunday they won't have any sales!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:11 PM
aw1
Pro

jmbnova, sorry about the car man...pretty fucked up!!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
that sucks dude, the dealer around here won't leave customers cars outside at night, and it's not even a bad neighbor hood or anything, that's just there policy.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Advanced

If its Karen Radley Acura in Woodbridge then goodluck. I had them install ASpec body and they did not gave me back the stock kit. Check this out,,, I left the car in the 7am in the morning and picked it up at 6pm that same day. When i talk to the service guy, he said the installer had left for the day and they dont know where they place the other parts. I called the next day and they said that the installer had left it outside right by the dumpster.... yeah,,, they said they threw it away. I fought for that for over a month. It was hard to get a hold of the service mgr until I threatened them and said that i will report the incident to Better Business Beaureu. They gave me several service for free.

Just dont give up. Keep pressuring them.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
FOR SALE - BM

yeah, don't give up.. of course they are not gonna want to pay for it, they were aftermarket rims and not the dealers.. they also have insurance, make them run it through theirs and not yours. please don't give up.. anyway, if u run it through yur insurance yur rates will go up for something that wasn't your fault. they should have cameras or even a rent a cop watching over the place.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:44 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Time for an AZ meet with signs in front of the dealer.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Yeah, even if they don't have any legal responsibility for the damages, they have a responsibility to you as a customer to get back to you in a prompt timely manner. I think you should bitch to them and Acura Client Services about the way they handled it - the lack of communications and care for the customer.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jupitersolo
I'm in.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:35 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Well the GM finally called me back and was very polite in explaining to me that they were not responsible and that I needed to have it fixed by my insurance company as they were not going to cover the damages.

Don't panic and don't let this bother you. It is completely standard corporate practice - DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY.

In my RepMoble I have an "In Case of Accident" Card. It says in big red letters - DO NOT ADMIT FAULT. Kind of runs against my moral sensibilities, but thats how it works. My car was an innocent bystander in a 3 car accident (I got hit on the richochet sitting still at a red light) and I was told to give NO STATEMENT AT ALL to any other driver or their insurance company.

We don't have to like it, but they will not admit fault or liability regardless of the circumstances. You're lucky that they cannot deny the incident entirely.

But again, it is totally normal. Just let your Insurance company fight it out with them.

And DO NOT expect a rate increase in the case of a settlement where your insurance makes a payout. This is a Comprehensive claim, not Collision and should have no impact on your rates - double check that with your agent.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
you should never give up for anything. if you keep fighting for it then you will get what should belong to you. i think that dealers should have the responsibility because they know that those cars dont belong to them and they should have more security. if they want more customers then they should accept all relibilities to what happened. if they dont then they will have the worst customer ratings.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:44 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
I'm down with that. The gas station next door is abandoned... "free parking".
Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 PM
6th Gear

Let the insurance company handle it

I'm pretty disappointed by the way that Acura is treating you, JMBNOVA. That being said, I completely agree with Bearcat's posting. Don't consider this a defeat or a setback; rather, for better or worse, this is just the way that things normally go. The dealer will deny responsibility. USAA will call them, threaten litigation, etc. In the end, the dealer will settle with USAA, and USAA will provide you with the funds to replace your ride. It just sucks that you've got to go through the entire process. On the bright side, you've got USAA...and they're the best insurance company by far in the way that they treat their customers. I only wish that I could qualify for USAA coverage. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh my god, FUCK that...

Everyone is right about the dealer not wanting to VOLUNTARILY pay for this incident...

Your insurance company will also NOT want to pay for it, so either way there will be debate between the two sides....

I would NEVER take my car to that dealer ever again.. I would not be able to look those bastards in the eyes after the raping you are getting now...

Keep your head up and MAKE IT HAPPEN@!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
I have car ADD

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
man this really is some crazy shit, and i think we all feel your pain, because we all drive similar/same cars and love them just as much ,and trust our acura dealers. Demand surveillance tapes (if any) and raise hell.... politely....

now i am a man of honesty and integrity, but if this was me, i may lose my cool and have a couple of friends go there and maybe get some new rims to compensate for it lol. Either way, dont do ANYTHING rash because remember, your car is still there.

I had an accident, and the body shop had my car for 3 1/2 months, for a $5k estimate on the rear. i never lost my cool with them, because they have my car !! a lil snip of this wire, disconnect this hose, drop this in the oil pan. you honestly never know.

but i wouldnt doubt that you could get alot of people, local and far, to support you and aid in this. i would be there in a heartbeat if it wasnt like 9~10 hours away lol.

Best of luck. keep us updated
Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

This is ridiculous what the dealer is doing to you. I understand them not taking responsibility and dealing with insurance, but the fact that the GM gave you the run-around and didn't make you feel like you were his top priority to satisfy after this is just poor. That is the worst thing in my book, someone who you are paying treating you poorly.

JMBNOVA, If I were in your shoes, I would definitely call your local news station and email them the pictures. Emphasize the fact that the batteries were Acura specific and they will just eat this up. Right after the news crew calls the dealership for a comment, they will probably call you to 'make things right.' Or if they don't then you can just slander them all over the 6 o'clock news.

This is my first post, usually I just float through message boards, but this just absolutely ridiculous. If yall stage any mass protest, like a massive calling to tie up their phones, I'm game.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vandals - Rim Stolen Car f-ed up... Pics / Help