Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy Help!

Alright guys help me out here. So driving to work the other day and when i go over the slightest bump it felt like my rear driver side tire was flat. It felt kinda like the rim was hitting the ground. So after work i checked it out. Looked under the car and saw a nail in the tire. Got that fixed. Figured everything was okay but it wasnt. Still having the same problem. Not sure what it could be. Im ridin on isc coilovers and their less than 7 months old. Help plz
Old 05-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
More info plz.
Pop open the trunk, andbounce the corner you are having problems with, is it stiffer than the other side?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Both sides feel the same as far as stiffness. When i first heard the noise or clunk i was driving slowly and went over a small bump in the road. I thought it was the tire being low on pressure and it was hitting the rim on the ground. Well after fixing it myself and still thinking i did it wrong i had someone patch the hole in the tire. After that was done im still hearing the clunk in the left rear like if my tire was low. Im on isc coilovers with ingalls camber kit. I kno its not the rim hitting the coilover. Im wondering if somehow the bolts to the top of the coilover are loose and its moving up and down but im pretty sure thats not it. Its not loud enough in the car for that. My tire pressure is about 37.5 all around and ive seen people put around 45-50 with stretched tires but ive had them this low since i purchased them and never had a problem so. I dnt kno how it could have happened cause it was fine the last time i drove it and then woke up the next morning and the clunk was there. Probably just going to take it to a shop and see if they could diagnose the problem

Last edited by weezy_nation; 05-23-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
Possibilities could be loose top hats, or the shock lost oil, but you can't tell. Jack up the one side and see if you can lift your wheel to imitate the situations. Or for a better analysis take the shock off and see if you can compress it on the ground, use cardboard underneath it. Just put your weight on it like a pogo stick. If it sinks in at all, you somehow lost oil and its now stiff through a smaller range in the shock
Old 05-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
Clunking sound in rear.....

Originally Posted by weezy_nation
Both sides feel the same as far as stiffness. When i first heard the noise or clunk i was driving slowly and went over a small bump in the road. I thought it was the tire being low on pressure and it was hitting the rim on the ground. After that was done im still hearing the clunk in the left rear like if my tire was low.
Im on isc coilovers with ingalls camber kit. I kno its not the rim hitting the coilover. Im wondering if somehow the bolts to the top of the coilover are loose and its moving up and down but im pretty sure thats not it. Its not loud enough in the car for that.
I dnt kno how it could have happened cause it was fine the last time i drove it and then woke up the next morning and the clunk was there.

Hey Weezy_nation, did you install the coilovers yourself or have a shop do it for you ? Try rotating your tires rear to front and increase the pressure some. While the tires are off, inspect the left rear suspension closely for any signs of something possibly loose. Look at the shock's top for signs of oil seeping. Check the coilover's mounting hardware. While in there, also check all of the bushings and the sway bar end linkage.