???
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

2005 Acura TL Misfire all cylinders/ VSA light on

Old 07-24-2014, 08:19 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2005 Acura TL Misfire all cylinders/ VSA light on

I need help, please I have a 2005 Acura TL, I bought the car 5 years ago never had a problem until a year ago. I was driving to visit my family 150 away when I get there my car started making weird noise. I took to mechanic it broke some bearings somewhere around the timing belt. I took to a mechanic he fix it and changed the water pump since it had already 150k miles. I drove back home a month later lifters making noises. I put rislone they stopped. Then 2 months after it started to vibrate when idle, slow when driving off after gets better, kind of holding back at point when accelerating and putting gas more than usual and after last mechanic touched the car vsa light on, I changed spark plugs dint fix it, was told to change coils bought all brand new coils and still nothing, I have taken this car to 3 mechanics no one seems to know whats wrong they all tell me. I check compression is good, valves are good, timing is on time, the last one told me that he checked everything as far a the mechanic goes and nothing is wrong that it can be that edu has to be reset, I called an electromechanic that he reffered me to explain the case and he told me thats not going to fix it. I need to check the car but I am tired of everyone charging me to see the car and not getting to the root and a solution. People please if anyone has some info that can help me I really appreciate it. I do not want to get rid of my TL.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have an 04 tl and am having the exact same problem.. i drove about 150 miles with the ac full blast and my ac drin plugs got clogged and dripped water onto my ecm and fried it.. it started off mifiring in all cylinders, then got worse and worse dying every half mile until finally it just wouldnt start.. i took my ecm out and unscrewed the motherboard and i can see exacly where it got wet and ground itself out.. i ordered a new one off ebay for $200.. plz take this into consideration bc if i wasnt mechanicaly enclined i would have spent a bunch of money on mechanics like you did..
The following users liked this post:
yino87 (07-26-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks I will look into that. i just don't know where that is at but i will find out online and check on it. hopefully that will resolve the issue mine has not died it runs just that at times it holds back for a hot min and then just drives fine specially when I am driving off. but thanks man..
Old 07-27-2014, 02:02 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by yino87
...after last mechanic touched the car vsa light on...I have taken this car to 3 mechanics no one seems to know whats wrong they all tell me.

Any decent mechanic would know to connect an OBDII reader to read trouble codes when a dash or error light goes on-- did your mechanics do that? If so, they should have been able to get the code[s], which would tell them where to start looking to resolve your TL's issues.

Independent mechanics shouldn't be charging you to read the error code-- it's easy to connect the code reader to the port near the hood release lever and read it. Otherwise, if you have any dash or trouble lights illuminating, like the VSA light, take the car to an Advance Auto Parts store to have the error code read for free. Then come back and post the error code so we can give you better advice.

Welcome to AZ.

Last edited by Will Y.; 07-27-2014 at 02:05 AM.