Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 649 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by TheEntrepreneur
My goal for my car is to get me through college and be reliable. I understanding no matter how you baby a car, things will break and it's an Acura so it's not the cheapest thing ever. I am doing the 105 service at a 100k just to be safe, so that will already be done and I won't really have to worry about that in college (assuming I keep the car) I know I will still need brakes, which I am gonna get here in a couple months, tires, oil changes, filters, transmission fluid, and probably some other things. So, my ultimate long term goal is to get me through college, but also be a car that I can have fun with and be in love with til the day I sell it.
Keep in mind the maintenance you just mentioned you should do in any used car when you buy it. So that's nothing special your doing. You're making sure the vehicle is safe, regardless of where you got it from. Especially a dealer, they're whole purpose it to make money and save money. What BMW would you buy in your price range and year that you think would be reliable based on maintenance history? That's affordable. Nissan engines are solid but also are Honda engines. You have a dope car. Yes I'm a bit older and from Jersey so I said "dope". lol. Put $500 dollars of Mods into and make it yours, re-tint the windows, put ya girl in it or a sexy chick and see how she feels riding in it. Get the paint polished, clean the rims, get it thoroughly detailed. Don't be too concerned about car badges/brands. You or your family will still have maintenance to deal with and the Acura's are affordable compared to cars you mentioned. Even if you put 20k miles on that car and keep it in pristine condition it will still be valued at $13k. It's a highly desirable and reliable vehicle and that is what keeps the stock high. You show me a BMW with 93k miles and I will show my way to the door and runaway. ijs.....so take a deep breathe. Put your unique touches on the car, replace the brakes now, why wait? Do about 100 on the freeway and feel your car out. If you haven't already. College is an exciting time. Think long term. That TL can be your project car for many years to come while you drive other things. If you can have a paid off car, you have security in the event of an emergency. I hope I helped put some things in perspective. Be a kid and enjoy the TL.

Remember the majority of car buyers need a loan. There is a very small pool of cash buyers. So if I need a loan and I want a TL-s and you're not a dealer I will have a harder time getting a loan to purchase your vehicle; Age/Mileage will be past many lender thresholds. As an entrepreneur you always have to work a deal backwards. What's the end result and what are the steps and obstacles that will prevent it. Once you work those scenarios out you NOW have a plan. And that plan is to make money. .......i added a little more than 2 cents i know. Best of Luck!