3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Alarm Keep going off how to unplug hood latch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
HELP! Alarm Keep going off how to unplug hood latch?

Hey Guys,

Last nite at 3am my factory alarm decides to go apeshit on the block, ran to the car and noticed that all doors were closed but the door locks seems to be locking/unlocking really fast and the courtesy entry lights were also on. Opened all doors inspected push in sensors all seemed to work fine. Armed the car again and headed back home, 3-4 min later it went off again with the some door lock/unlock pattern and the courtesy light on. To bypass the alarm for the night, I decided to pop the hood open and lock the car so the OEM security system didn't arm while still having my doors locked. It worked, no alarms thereafter.

Today I decided to look into further, all door lock actuators are working correctly without any problems, never did I experience any faulty door lock sensors either. The trunk latch is good and no hint of any tripped sensors on the MID.

I want to disarm the alarm completely so I don't have to deal with it again, Ill be moving to a new home where it will be garage kept most of the time so loosing out on the alarm really doesn't bother me at all. I was thinking disconnecting the hood latch sensor would not arm the system as the system would think the hood is always open, leaving me able to lock the doors but without getting the system armed.

So this afternoon I decided to tackle that and got access to the hood latch. There were 2 gray connectors just under the latch itself 1 with (if I recall) 1 green and 1 black wire, The other had a yellow/red. I disconnected them and tried to start the car checking to see if the MID would show something. Nothing. Put everything back together and noticed when I lock the doors with the FOB, the alarm is still being "armed" as the red LED still flashes after locking it seems like disconnecting that connector actually didnt do anything at all.

Is there another plug that should be disconnected as well, looking to just confuse the system into thinking the hood is open when its not so the system wont arm. Is there another way?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:53 PM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have the same problem with my 1999 TL. Have been doing some research. Appears that the NHTSA issued at least three notices in 1999,2000 and 2001. Accura issued service bulletin 99012, 01003 and 01062001. I need to get down to the dealer and see what these service bulletins tell there mechanics how to fix this annoying issue. I leave the car doors unlocked and have disconnect the alarm horn which is separate from the car horn. If I do lock the car only the lights wink on and off for 3 minutes. I will post what I find out.