want more bass, need some help

Old 11-15-2001, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want more bass, need some help

Ok, bose sucks, but u all know that already. I am kind of on a tight budget right now so don't want to spend alot of money. If I get 2 subs, or maybe 1, anyways. For the amp for the sub, do I just add 2 speaker wires to the bose amp's out and connect it to the new sub's amp input? That would mean 4 speaker wire coming out of the bose out for the 2 rear speaker( 2 to sub amp, 2 to rear speakers), correct me if im wrong but doesnt that drop the ohms? Won't that blow the bose speakers or something? I plan on getting a decent 2 channel amp to power 2 subs. And by the way, do I screw the sub box onto the board/floor of trunk to keep it from slideing all over? I dont know much about this things so any help/suggestions would be good. THanks
Old 11-15-2001, 04:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as how to wire the amp, do some searches in a/v and electronics. This has been described in detail quite a bit.

Basically, there are two different ways to do this:

1. Get a line output converter (loc), hook it to the leads coming off the rear speakers and then plug it into the rca inputs on your amp.

2. splice the leads coming from the head unit before you get to the factory amp and put RCA plugs on them. You can then plug those into the rca inputs on your amp. You'll probably need a ground loop isolator if you do it this way.

The differences between the two have been discussed quite a bit in previous posts. I'm sure you can find more detail by searching. If not, let me know.

I have mine hooked with with method 2 and it sounds great. But many others have used 1 with good results. It's up to you!