Rocky Mountains Colorado, Utah & Wyoming

Questions for Denver area AZers

Old 07-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Question Questions for Denver area AZers

Hey guys I accepted a new position with my company and it means moving from myself and the fam from So Cal out to CO we will be in highlands ranch for a few months or just long enough to buy a house. I'm looking at buying in the Littleton area, but I have a few questions about CO and was hoping you guys and gals can help?

1. Right now my car is stock height and I wanted to slam it, but now that I'm moving to a place that gets snow I need to know how low I can get away with on a daily driver (if lowering isn't really an option I'll be buying a project slash weekend car)

2. Tires? Touring tires work ok there or are all seasons a necessary swap? What are you guys running on you FWD cars?

3. Right now I source my parts from Go Tuning and Inline Four, but would like to avoid shipping so what good shops are in the area? I like JDM parts and curious how and who gets them around there? I realize AWD cars are probably waaaaay more popular than FWD there but I'm not looking to buy another Subi just yet... Lol

Thanks everyone I'm sure I'll have more questions but those are the ones on my mind right now

-John
Old 07-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
80 views and not one response
Old 07-23-2014, 10:16 PM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by neveronlineilx
Hey guys I accepted a new position with my company and it means moving from myself and the fam from So Cal out to CO we will be in highlands ranch for a few months or just long enough to buy a house. I'm looking at buying in the Littleton area, but I have a few questions about CO and was hoping you guys and gals can help?

1. Right now my car is stock height and I wanted to slam it, but now that I'm moving to a place that gets snow I need to know how low I can get away with on a daily driver (if lowering isn't really an option I'll be buying a project slash weekend car)

2. Tires? Touring tires work ok there or are all seasons a necessary swap? What are you guys running on you FWD cars?

3. Right now I source my parts from Go Tuning and Inline Four, but would like to avoid shipping so what good shops are in the area? I like JDM parts and curious how and who gets them around there? I realize AWD cars are probably waaaaay more popular than FWD there but I'm not looking to buy another Subi just yet... Lol

Thanks everyone I'm sure I'll have more questions but those are the ones on my mind right now

-John
Firstly, welcome to Colorado when you do get here. You can join our Local Facebook Group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/328801920602698/

1) You should be able to lower an inch or so and be fine, I've been lowered 0.75" on Tein H-Techs and now 0.50" on A-Spec Suspension on my 2004 TL, never had issues with either in the snow.

2) I've only ran All-Seasons on my TL and they were fine in the snow. I currently have the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS.

3) There are a couple places you could order parts from, but they will still require shipping as most parts are normally not stocked.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
They keep the roads pretty well cleared here, worst case scenario it melts in a couple days ha ha.

its all about contact to the road, on all my fwd cars a good set of snow tires makes it a tank, if you are pretty low you will just plow the snow, only risk with that is breaking bumpers.

all seasons work well since the snow is so random. studded tires aren't really necasary here in my opinion but most good snow tires obviously have pre slots for stuffs if you want to add them in also.