I'm ticked

Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm ticked

Picked up my '13 RDX 2WD Tech last Saturday. Got it home and went to taking off all the references to the dealer.

Here in Ga. we only need a rear license plate.......but, these a**holes had installed a front plate holder by drilling 3 holes in my new bumper.

I was back there the next day asking why they had defaced my new vehicle unnecessarily? It goes to their body shop tomorrow where it will be made new again.......or else.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Hot Ass!

Received 157 Likes on 124 Posts
OMFG! They'd better! That sounds eerily like a bad dream I had....but it was the cops that drilled holes crookedly
Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
OP...I can FULLY understand your frustration! It blows my mind that a dealership would be that ignorant to drill holes in a bumper simply to give themselves an opportunity to display the name of their dealership on a vehicle. I refuse to have any dealer reference on my vehicle....My cars are not city buses with logo for publicity (unless they want to pay me for it). I will GLADLY give praise for my dealer and their people but not by defacing my vehicle. I hope they will make it better for you but I'd be really annoyed that it would have to be "repaired" or "repainted"...Best f luck and keep up posted.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
I would have exactly the same reaction.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,629 Likes on 13,880 Posts
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Trailsman....what Dealer...I am in GA also and want to make sure I stay away from that one
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would be furious ... but then again I was equally upset when Audi did not put a front plate holder on my TT causing me to get pulled over and three "fix it" tickets within 24 hours.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by trialsman
Here in Ga. we only need a rear license plate.......but, these a**holes had installed a front plate holder by drilling 3 holes in my new bumper.
Next time you buy a new car, let the dealership know before hand that you don't want the plate holder installed. Never assume anything.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Whenever we bought an MDX last year they asked us if we wanted any dealer advertising and we said no and they said we always like to ask first, I was surprised.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Picked up my '13 RDX 2WD Tech last Saturday. Got it home and went to taking off all the references to the dealer.

I was back there the next day asking why they had defaced my new vehicle unnecessarily? It goes to their body shop tomorrow where it will be made new again.......or else.
Was this in Metro Atlanta? I am curious becasue I have dealt with most of them.

I do not accept a car that has dealer badges or the front license plate frame.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by hand-filer
Next time you buy a new car, let the dealership know before hand that you don't want the plate holder installed. Never assume anything.
Unless you're buying one that hasn't been delivered, you may not get your 'paws' on it before they load it up. Seems our dealer installs wheel lug locks and side moulding on virtually every RDX upon PDI.

Originally Posted by Vividsi
Whenever we bought an MDX last year they asked us if we wanted any dealer advertising and we said no and they said we always like to ask first, I was surprised.
That's a reasonable and slightly uncommon approach, I reckon.

Originally Posted by GarrettinSF
I would be furious ... but then again I was equally upset when Audi did not put a front plate holder on my TT causing me to get pulled over and three "fix it" tickets within 24 hours.
We're 'two-tagged' here in Texas, also. My Darling was stopped on our fourth day in Austin for not having the front tag installed. On the other hand, our B-I-L has driven in Austin for 18 years without EVER having a front tag installed!

When we bought an 'executive' car from Nalley Volvo(Atlanta/Marietta), it proudly came with the dealer tag on the front(understandable, since the manager's wife was driving it). Since Georgia only requires the one tag, I removed the bracket, installed a couple of aluminum downspout screws that matched the bumper paint...drove it for three years like that. Only time I noticed was when I washed the car.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doubtit
Trailsman....what Dealer...I am in GA also and want to make sure I stay away from that one
The dealer was Jackson Acura in Roswell.

I picked it up this afternoon. The whole in the bumper was fixed to my satisfaction......however.....I now have over spray all over the place, even on the back window. I was going to clay bar it anyway, so I won't be taking it back for that.

They did give me a brand new MDX to drive for the 2 days they had it. It drove like an overweight '13 RDX.

Can't wait to fill out my customer satisfaction survey.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Why does that look fun to me?!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked it up this afternoon. The whole in the bumper was fixed to my satisfaction......however.....I now have over spray all over the place, even on the back window. I was going to clay bar it anyway, so I won't be taking it back for that.

They did give me a brand new MDX to drive for the 2 days they had it. It drove like an overweight '13 RDX.

Strange that they would put it on without asking. I bought mine from Jackson in early January and the salesman asked me in advance and I declined.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
When I picked up my 2012 TSX Tech in August someone stole front plate bracket before they mounted it. I got to install it and I did not drill the two holes in bumper. I was just lucky. Most new cars either have screws drilled in front bumper or rivits to install front plate bracket.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole in the bumper was fixed to my satisfaction......however.....I now have over spray all over the place, even on the back window.

It sucks when you take something back for one thing, but during their "fix" they screw something else up. But I'm always for being honest in customer satisfaction surveys. Quality companies will try to see that things like that don't happen again. And I'm also for posting it on dealership rating websites like yelp, to ensure that others are aware of businesses' good/bad practices.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
Why does that look fun to me?!
I always wonder why the butt is red before the spanking.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 AM
Suzuka Master

^^^ Its called "anticipation"
Old 02-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd rather have a front plate than a non factory install and painted bumper.