3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MultiVex Mirrors...

Old 02-27-2005, 01:05 PM
www.teamultraspeed.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow MultiVex Mirrors...

As with a lot of people, i`ve used the 2" blind spot mirrors on many of my vehicles...

I`ve stopped relying on the conventional "head turn"... due to all the sporatic "slam" and go traffic during rushhour, it`s safer to keep your eyes facing forward... unfortunately, they get addicting... and then when you drive another car without them, it feels like your missing something... like not having your seatbelt on...

The problem is... with the smooth appearance, not to mention the blue tinted mirrors, i`d hate to take anything away from the TL (especially since they've decided to only start selling the cheap, black plastic round mirrors here

or)...

After driving a friends Passat with the Aspherical mirrors...

... i went looking for similar mirrors, coming across this
[click>>>...MultiVex Mirrors...<<<here] they make them for the 3rd gen TL and are said to work with the heated elements... i`m leaning towards no, mainly because it is not a direct replacement... but i'd still like opinions and/or other sites that anyone may have come across... Thanks...

04 - 05 ACURA TL
Old 02-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Anyone purchased this yet??
Old 03-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Cruisin'

Awesome Product

I have these on my bike (ST1300), S2000, and 2005 TL

I love them. They take a little getting used to, but it's worth the little bit of effort.

I do think they are a bit on the expensive side, but again, they are worth it to me.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 03-01-2005, 08:48 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mchester

I love them. They take a little getting used to, but it's worth the little bit of effort.

I do think they are a bit on the expensive side, but again, they are worth it to me.

Just my 2 cents...

They are green like original, or white?
Old 03-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Cruisin'

mostly, they look like a standard mirror in reflective properties but because some light passes though and bounces back out off the original glass, it does look a little "different". I would not describe it as green though. More like, Tinted a little.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Instructor

Just my 2 cents...
Do you find that they Totally elimiate the blind spots? I'd like to switch to these multivex mirrors if they do, they look much nicer than the Square stick on convex mirrors that I'm using right now. With my square convex mirrors, the other car is visible till they pull up to the side of my front windows, where I can see them as I turn my head to see the side mirrors.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2005, 03:19 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

mostly, they look like a standard mirror in reflective properties but because some light passes though and bounces back out off the original glass, it does look a little "different". I would not describe it as green though. More like, Tinted a little.
If you can please post some pictures of your multivex mirrors. This would be very nice to see lots of details of how they fit in our mirror shrouds. It seemed to me that any add-on mirror would protrude from the inside edge of the shroud allowing rain to hit the mirror.

A translucent multivex may beg for a mod to have a signal LED behind them. Some folks have complained that the signals are too quiet so that might be a good mod for them.

BTW Nice avatar/
Old 03-03-2005, 03:19 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Cool Rearview and convex bubbles

We need all the help we can get with poor rearward visibility and huge headrests blocking what little you can see out the back. When I got my TL I was dissapointed that I had to give up my Broadway mirror because it wouldn't fit over the TLs fat mirror with the light sensor and switch. The Broadway was tinted, wide angle and made a huge difference in visibility. My only complaint with it was the sun visors would hit it because it was much wider than the stock Integra rearview.

On the TL I've resorted to two kinds of the bubbles. One is a glass and rotates so the angle can be dialed in so to speak. My other mirror is a plastic dome and pivots on a ball joint allowing me to adjust it to any angle needed. They both get right over to the next lane but are very small. I've modded the bubble mirror that has the balljoint so its shroud does not obscure the view of the stock TL mirror.

Here's the balljoint ontha back of the bubble

Here's the shroud I cut off the convex mirror

Crappy shot but looks like this when done

Left - note it protrudes quite a bit but workss well

Right - convex mirror has 360 degree rotating base

On all my other cars I have mounted the bubble mirrors at the most outward location but on the TL I mounted them toward the inside upper corners. Mounting in any other locations just gave me an extended view of the TLs mirror shroud. Unfortunately they do hang out of the shroud a bit and get rained on.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 AM
www.teamultraspeed.com

i'd leave a pic, but i'm still trying to find out where the f#@* my camera walked to... anyways, my 2" round mirrors are on the outer bottom corner of my sideviews with no obstructions from the mirror shroud... i`d still rather prefer a complete replacement if i could see preview pics on a TL prior to purchasing... if they`re ugly, they will be thrown away... i've never been much of a return type...
Old 03-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Intermediate

A complete replacement of the stock mirror would be much more acceptable than teh glue and pray variety

I replaced my stock VW mirrors with European made asphericals with heat element that worked just like the stock. Made all the difference in the world. Hopefully someone will make a complete replacement soon?

In fact, the first time I drove the TL at the dealer, I almost ran someone over on the driver's side due to the extreme blind spot.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tizo
[I] As with a lot of people, i`ve used the 2" blind spot mirrors on many of my vehicles...

I use those since day 1 I purchased the car. It works fine.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Cruisin'

Attached you will see photos of the Multivex mirrors including:

One of a 3 LED Flashlight behind the mirror for those of you that might be thinking of an in mirror Turnsignal Mod.

Three views of the mirrors installed on the car. They are adjusted for driving and, as you can see, they dont stick out past the housing except the drivers side inboard edge.

EDIT: Apparently, I cant post attachments. Can anyone give me a hint as to why? I the mean time, anbody want to post these for me?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:11 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Attached you will see photos of the Multivex mirrors including:

One of a 3 LED Flashlight behind the mirror for those of you that might be thinking of an in mirror Turnsignal Mod.

Three views of the mirrors installed on the car. They are adjusted for driving and, as you can see, they dont stick out past the housing except the drivers side inboard edge.

EDIT: Apparently, I cant post attachments. Can anyone give me a hint as to why? I the mean time, anbody want to post these for me?

Use this http://imageshack.us/ its digital content hosting service!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:13 PM
www.teamultraspeed.com

Talking

i've sent you a message with my e'mail address... thanks for taking the time to help out...
Old 03-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Intermediate

Hello all! I would be very interested to see those pics on how our mirrors look inside the Acura mirror housing. Did you ever get them loaded? We design our mirrors so that they will fit inside the housing and be completely unrecognizable as an upfit. This is important to us since aesthetics is important to high-end drivers. We have had no complaints from Acura customers so far. The performance is remarkable so I encourage you to check us out...

http://www.safetymirrorsonline.com/html/home.htm

Acuras have some of the worst blind spot problems in the industry so we hope you will give us a shot...thanks a lot!

MOD EDIT #2 (neuronbob): URL restored with site admin permission
Old 03-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Takes away from the look(barely), but beats getting the TL in an accident.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:47 AM
www.teamultraspeed.com

Originally Posted by indycar mirrors
...Did you ever get them loaded?
nope... never recieved a reply... but still interested, once i`ve seen detailed pics... $60 is an investment that most people would rather not waste...
Old 03-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Intermediate

Mirror Pics

I'm lookin for those pics...when if I find them I'll post them or put them somewhere where you can check them out. thanks for considering them. Drive safely all!
Kenney

info@safetymirrorsonline.com

MOD EDIT #2 (neuronbob): Email addy restored with site admin permission
Old 03-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Intermediate

CRAZY...you got em on your car? Whaddaya think of the optics? Got any pics? Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I PM'd mods/Smitty/admin over this one and removed contact info. Read your PMs and comment, pls.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Cruisin'

OK, I finally got a chance to load these images up to Imageshack

Here are the Links...

http://img205.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img2...mirror29oc.jpg

http://img145.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...psngrside7.jpg

http://img145.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...rrorled9yw.jpg

http://img96.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img96...driverside.jpg

Hope this helps and sorry for the delay...
Old 03-19-2005, 10:13 AM
www.teamultraspeed.com

Old 03-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks TIZO, but you are a bit late... See above
Old 03-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Intermediate

Thanks tons mchester!! Those are great!! Drive safely!!
Old 03-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
too bad you lose the blue tint the OEM mirrors had
Old 03-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Drifting

sounds like a good idea.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:46 PM
www.teamultraspeed.com

just figured i`d make it easier for everyone by hosting the pics... clicking on them one by one can get tedious...
Old 03-21-2005, 04:37 AM
Cruisin'

No Problem, just sorry it took me so long to get to it myself...
Old 03-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Instructor

well, I ordered a set, will do an update once it gets here.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Intermediate

Thanks!

Thanks oil-fighter! I very much look forward to your feedback...feel free to contact me with any installation questions or other....
Old 04-01-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm Baaack!

I just got mine in the mail yesterday (Thursday) I ordered them Tuesday afternoon so kudos on the ship time! ...

Overall quality looks good. I was a bit surprised to see that they're held on by four pieces of 3M double-sided tape. (although I guess with a good surface to adhere to .. i.e. OEM mirror the sticky tape will do just fine)

I will be mounting them this weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes. I'll try and snap some before and after pics to give you guys a frame of reference.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Received 1,000 Likes on 571 Posts
Old 04-02-2005, 12:10 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

If you can, please take some pics of the mirrors before you mount them. A side shot would give us a good idea of the convexity.

Originally Posted by Brewmaster
I just got mine in the mail yesterday (Thursday) I ordered them Tuesday afternoon so kudos on the ship time! ...

Overall quality looks good. I was a bit surprised to see that they're held on by four pieces of 3M double-sided tape. (although I guess with a good surface to adhere to .. i.e. OEM mirror the sticky tape will do just fine)

I will be mounting them this weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes. I'll try and snap some before and after pics to give you guys a frame of reference.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Cruisin'

Exclamation

I have a spare set of these if anyone is interested. Putting them on the "Black Market" classified forum momentarily.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm Baaack!

Sorry 'bout the delay ... I was in Vegas for the week and we all have to have our priorities!!!

So, here's the deal .. installed the mirrors yesterday. I put a bead of clear silicon caulk around the top and sides so the heater will work. Today was the first day with them on, they definitely take some getting used to but I am more confident that I'm not missing anything.

I took some pics of the mirrors themselves, hope these are helpful.

this one shows the tape on the back.

Here's the curvature

The overall dimensions

the top was before installation, the bottom is after

Installation took all of like 5 minutes and like I said definitely more confident that I'm seeing everything out there...

My they're a lot of money but if they'll keep me or my wife from crossing lanes when someone is back there hiding in my blindspot .. they're worth every penny!!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Very thorough. After you have adjusted to them in a week or so, please provide us with your evaluation.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:05 PM
6MT & LSD

why do you use round convex mirrors? I think it's much better to use those rectangular ones (wedge-like ones) - they look better and, imo, work better. I'll snap a pic of it on mine and post it if anyone's interested.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm Baaack!

Originally Posted by ndx2
why do you use round convex mirrors? I think it's much better to use those rectangular ones (wedge-like ones) - they look better and, imo, work better. I'll snap a pic of it on mine and post it if anyone's interested.
???

These are not round convex mirrors .. they are the same shape and size as OEM with a much greater variability you can see the diff in viewing angle from the last two pics.

(by the way .. nothing moved in those last two pics ... just added the new mirrors)
Old 04-11-2005, 09:14 PM
6MT & LSD

sorry, i posted after reading only the first page. i wasn't referring to the multivex mirror
Old 04-11-2005, 09:16 PM
6MT & LSD

my buddy's '04 9-3 has something like this. it was standard on the passenger side - a fact he didn't know when he had to drive it home in the rain. he actually thought the mirror was broken.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MultiVex Mirrors...