Hello!

Old 11-29-2018, 07:50 PM
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello!

Hey guys! First post!

I've had my 07 RL tech about 9 months and 15k miles. So far so good, replaced tires, a motor mount, and did some routine maintenance. Overall not too bad.

Couple of questions though.

1) My rear defroster is totally non operational. Does it share a fuse with the mirror defrosters? Any simple stuff I can check before looking for circuit breaks? My windows are tinted and the rear is quite dark, its going to be a bitch if there's any issue with the actual defrost circuit.

2) Is there a good source for front door speakers? I'd like to avoid paying 140 for new OEM, and I can only find sets of all four door speakers on eBay. Aftermarket would be fine, assuming there's no crazy mods required to make it fit.

3) I'm getting some intermittent vibration in the seat of my pants at around 70-80 mph, likes to shake for a minute like a wheel is bent or out of balance and then it goes away. Wheels are true round and balanced. Any thoughts on where to start?

4) My center support bearing is starting to go. I get a nice, loud, tea-kettle esque squeal when its good and cold in the morning right at 35mph. A couple blocks and it goes away. I'm not concerned with it yet, but when it gets to the point where it does it warm as well it will drive me crazy. Has anyone had luck with junkyard/ebay parts? There's no way I'm spending the $1200 for a drive shaft :X
Old 11-29-2018, 08:04 PM
8th Gear

One more! I messed up my instrument cluster cleaning it. The anti reflective coating is destroyed. Can I replace just the plastic covers without pulling the whole dash apart? Has anyone stripped the entire layer of coating off to at least make it look consistent and even?
Old 11-30-2018, 04:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
Originally Posted by magnesiumnitrate
Hey guys! First post!

I've had my 07 RL tech about 9 months and 15k miles. So far so good, replaced tires, a motor mount, and did some routine maintenance. Overall not too bad.

Couple of questions though.

1) My rear defroster is totally non operational. Does it share a fuse with the mirror defrosters? Any simple stuff I can check before looking for circuit breaks? My windows are tinted and the rear is quite dark, its going to be a bitch if there's any issue with the actual defrost circuit.

Yes the rear defroster is shared with mirror as well, you can check the fuse and more importantly find out if your rear defroster circuit is complete. I had seen some car the tint-er damage the circuit (especially if the car has re-tint at some point)

2) Is there a good source for front door speakers? I'd like to avoid paying 140 for new OEM, and I can only find sets of all four door speakers on eBay. Aftermarket would be fine, assuming there's no crazy mods required to make it fit.

Look for a used OEM one as the RL sound system isn't the same as the early 90s Honda.

3) I'm getting some intermittent vibration in the seat of my pants at around 70-80 mph, likes to shake for a minute like a wheel is bent or out of balance and then it goes away. Wheels are true round and balanced. Any thoughts on where to start?

Check for axle and don't go cheap on this one, its OEM 110%. BTW the RL axle isn't cheap its like $550 EACH.

4) My center support bearing is starting to go. I get a nice, loud, tea-kettle esque squeal when its good and cold in the morning right at 35mph. A couple blocks and it goes away. I'm not concerned with it yet, but when it gets to the point where it does it warm as well it will drive me crazy. Has anyone had luck with junkyard/ebay parts? There's no way I'm spending the $1200 for a drive shaft :X
if you can deal with then deal with it, if not you still looking to pay a good chunk of change for labor anyway.

The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (12-01-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 05:23 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by truonghthe
if you can deal with then deal with it, if not you still looking to pay a good chunk of change for labor anyway.

Thanks for for the info!

My heated mirrors work just fine, so I guess I’ll start tracking back the issue assuming it’s the defrost circuit.

Axles look fine, I may go ahead and slap some chineesium ones on though so I can send my OEM off to raxles.

i guess I’ll go junkyard and hope for the best on the driveshaft, I’ll be doing the work myself anyways so the labor is just blood and sweat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 12-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
LKQonline.com is your friend

I was able to find hard to find wood steering wheel and wood knob using this website.
Additionally, I was able to also to find so many parts from junked RLs nationwide - so perhaps you can look here in the case you need some parts - because paying OEM will definitely not make sense in some cases.

eBay is also another website you should check however you never know with used parts whether they were damaged, or been in an accident (like internal control arms, axles, etc.) - on LKQonline at least you can see the car what car is it being pulled from and make a call then ...

Last edited by rlx015; 12-08-2018 at 12:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (12-08-2018)