Embarrased!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Embarrased!!

ok, i am not even sure if what this part us called. it's the fiberglass strip that's about 3 inches wide that runs along each door to prevent dings from other carsparked next to it when they open their doors into mine. Body side door moldings??
the one on the rear.passenger side of my '02 TL has come off . I've tried glue. Forget it! I know it takes clips, but I seems to be missuing them that I assume are attached to that strip, or are they supposed to be attached to the door, then the strip snapped into place? if someone can tell me A. What they are called (both the strip that rings along the door and t he name.of the clips) B. how to put it back on and C. is there a diagram on the DIY page/forum?
As always, I'm grateful for any input you have!
Thanks! ! $
Old 10-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those are called Body Side Moldings. Typically, the clips are to help guide it into place, rather than hold it on, and you use 3M double sided tape to actually adhere the pieces on. You can buy the tape at any autoparts store, and at most home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowes.
The following users liked this post:
carmis (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks I'll swear i did a seard in the forums for that and came up empty, Thanks,!