Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

standards too high?

Old 07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
ALi G in the House!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
standards too high?

so i've decided i want a gf, but all the girls i hit up that i think are cute and my type end up being too easy..or maybe its just me, i dunno.
in example:

i found this japanese girl who is really cute and fun, but i ended up bangin her after the 2nd date (and i met her at a bar/lounge)

is it bad that i want a girl who is a little hard to get but is still willing to give it up sooner then later? i just dont want a whore as a gf, cuz if it turns into a long term deal then..yah that wouldn't be good..

that said, i'm probably looking in the wrong places as well (clubs/bars yada yada) but where else would i find a girl whose outgoing and fun?

i'll post a pic of her when i get home..i dont have any at work
TIA
Old 07-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes I think you are right about looking in the wrong spot. I also would never consider any girl who hooks up on the first of second date GF material

Sorry don't really have any great advice for you though. I met my girl through mutual friends
Old 07-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Just chillen..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, bar, clubs, strib club and all are bad places to find a girl for a long term relationship. First off, be yourself, sooner or later some girl will like you for who you are, but if that doesn't work, you can always change habits that girls dont like ( find similarities ). If one chick puts you down , that just should tell you what you should improve on for the future, fo real. Now, this JAP girl you find, 2nd date and you banged her? Nice but not GF material, to me she was looking to get laid ( she prolly had a rough week or something ). lol Honestly though the best way to find a girl is through your friends girlfriends or friends that you know. Myspacing isnt bad either but that's up to you.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:05 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Sam,

That has nothing to do with standards. It's your pre-conceived notion all that girls who sleep with guys VERY quickly are bad or damaged. That's wrong.

Have you ever thought about the possibility that these girls just really, really like you? That they weren't able to control themselves because you're a fu/cool/awesome/whatever guy? Do you blame them for liking you that quickly?

I don't mean to stoke your ego but why would that be a bad thing?

If you're worried about the past performance being a good indicator of future conditions... I understand. You would want a girl who isn't so easy because you're afraid she'll just do that with someone else or has done that with someone else. But why are you perpetuating a double-standard? You're not exactly Moses!

And seriously dude, girls from clubs/bars/lounges are no different from the girls you'll find at Rite-Aid or Ralphs. Girls at clubs or bars certainly tend to have a higher rate of being easy, but you can't stereotype every girl at a club/bar/lounge as a whore. Almost every single girl, at one time or another, goes to a club. If anything, you're pre-qualifying those girls at clubs/bars/lounges because you have something in common as opposed to the church girl.

Don't kid yourself, you wouldn't be happy with a nun. You like doing wild shit some times and I'm sure you want a GF who can accommodate.

Besides, why have a GF just for the sake of having a GF? What does a girl having the title of GF accomplish for you? In and of itself, it's probably nothing more than a certain level of comfort and stability. Maybe you're tired of trying to pick up new girls all the time? I don't know.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:15 PM
werd

Originally Posted by FL3.2TL
Well, bar, clubs, strib club and all are bad places to find a girl for a long term relationship.
Why?

First off, be yourself, sooner or later some girl will like you for who you are, but if that doesn't work, you can always change habits that girls dont like ( find similarities ). If one chick puts you down , that just should tell you what you should improve on for the future, fo real.
That would imply that all women are the same. That is incorrect. One girl can shut you down because she thinks you're a nerd while another thinks you're cool and fun.

This advice about "be yourself" isn't really insightful. That's something that my grandma can tell AZ. It's probably the most widely used piece of pseudo-advice I can imagine on the subject of male/female social dynamics and attraction. It doesn't get down to the core of the issue AT ALL. I wish people would just stop with that.

Now, this JAP girl you find, 2nd date and you banged her? Nice but not GF material, to me she was looking to get laid ( she prolly had a rough week or something ).
I don't agree. If a girl is incredibly attracted to a guy, if she feels strongly for the guy she'll jump through fire for him. Women will do A LOT to get a guy if they feel strongly about him. That includes sleeping with him. You can't make the judgment that she's not GF material off that single detail alone. Sam could just be a great guy. Give the guy some credit!

That's not even taking into account the blatant double-standard.

lol Honestly though the best way to find a girl is through your friends girlfriends or friends that you know. Myspacing isnt bad either but that's up to you.
Friends are a logical first step but that's also incredibly limiting. And because I know Sam I know that that source is probably already exhausted lol.

MySpace sucks for meeting women. It may work sometimes for some people, but there's no real interaction that you can game the same way you could if you were out and in front of a girl's face. Your time is better spent approaching women in the real world - that's if you want results.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What was it that Graucho Marx once said? "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. "
Old 07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
amisconseption - I 100% agree with all that you said.

AkuraCLS - I don't think that your standards are too high. Let me ask you a question....if you met a girl and you're totally into her, when did you picture yourself having sex with her? And also, if she gave you the green light, should she feel that you were after just one thing even though you were not?

I think if she is that connected to you, it shouldn't matter when you guys get intimate. Who's to say that she will not be 100% faithful to you.

I say, continue being yourself, if it works out with this girl, then great. If it doesn't at least we will have some comments about her pics.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:29 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AkuraLCS - We all know you have game, but how hard do you push it? I mean, if you are pushing things into the direction of getting the girl into bed and she gives in, then you are sealing your own doom. On the other hand, if you are just hanging out and she jumps and undresses you, then that is another story.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Team Owner

If you are looking for alternative to bars/clubs/etc, then I can suggest sport leagues if they have them in your city. I joined a co-ed in-door soccer league a couple years back and met a lot of cool girls.

I also met a ton of women through my pool leagues. My wife included.

You can also look into taking something like a cooking class, photography class, etc.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:56 PM
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Um, why is it necessary for you to have a GF? Do you feel you are missing out on something? You have sex. You have friends. You have a life. What else do you need?

It's really a coinflip ... relationships can be nurturing/rewarding/fun but the possibility of dealing with a passive-aggressive, volatile, ball-and-chain-mentality, or waiting-for-proposal-all-the-friggin'-time women is very high.

For every guy who truly loves his GF and can't imaging being without her, I know another guy who is sick and tired of all the BMW (bitching, moaning, whining) he has to put up with. A lot depends on the gal but then again, I am fully convinced that women typically change for the worse when in relationships ... at least from a guy's POV. It might be specific to my circle of friends, my environment (NYC), and prior experiences but having a GF can oftentimes be more a curse than a blessing ... especially in your 20's.

Do you enjoy going out, socializing, or partying it up at your whim? Do you like independence and doing what you want? Do you like not having to be accountable for your actions all the time? Do you like to focus on your career and professional ambitions? Do you enjoy a life that isn't scrutinized or overanalyzed? A GF may compromise these kind of things.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Team Owner

^^^That's your opinion. Not a bad one....but it's not for everyone.

I for one came from you same environment. I lived in the NYC area for almost 10 years. Had a ton of fun. Never had a problem with women. But I was happier in a relationship. I didn't always care for the headaches of being single. I don't remember a single time having a gf and thinking I wanted to be single. If I wanted to be single, I broke up. Maybe he had his single fun and wants to be settled.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
There is nothing wrong with having high standards. IMO it just means you know what you want....
Old 07-27-2007, 04:34 PM
ALi G in the House!

Originally Posted by FL3.2TL
Well, bar, clubs, strib club and all are bad places to find a girl for a long term relationship. First off, be yourself, sooner or later some girl will like you for who you are, but if that doesn't work, you can always change habits that girls dont like ( find similarities ). If one chick puts you down , that just should tell you what you should improve on for the future, fo real. Now, this JAP girl you find, 2nd date and you banged her? Nice but not GF material, to me she was looking to get laid ( she prolly had a rough week or something ). lol Honestly though the best way to find a girl is through your friends girlfriends or friends that you know. Myspacing isnt bad either but that's up to you.

no she pretty much thinks she's my gf now...and it wasn't a 1 hitter quitter, i'm still hitting it
Old 07-27-2007, 04:38 PM
ALi G in the House!

Originally Posted by amisconception
Sam,

That has nothing to do with standards. It's your pre-conceived notion all that girls who sleep with guys VERY quickly are bad or damaged. That's wrong.

Have you ever thought about the possibility that these girls just really, really like you? That they weren't able to control themselves because you're a fu/cool/awesome/whatever guy? Do you blame them for liking you that quickly?

If you're worried about the past performance being a good indicator of future conditions... I understand. You would want a girl who isn't so easy because you're afraid she'll just do that with someone else or has done that with someone else. But why are you perpetuating a double-standard? You're not exactly Moses!

And seriously dude, girls from clubs/bars/lounges are no different from the girls you'll find at Rite-Aid or Ralphs. Girls at clubs or bars certainly tend to have a higher rate of being easy, but you can't stereotype every girl at a club/bar/lounge as a whore. Almost every single girl, at one time or another, goes to a club. If anything, you're pre-qualifying those girls at clubs/bars/lounges because you have something in common as opposed to the church girl.

Don't kid yourself, you wouldn't be happy with a nun. You like doing wild shit some times and I'm sure you want a GF who can accommodate.

Besides, why have a GF just for the sake of having a GF? What does a girl having the title of GF accomplish for you? In and of itself, it's probably nothing more than a certain level of comfort and stability. Maybe you're tired of trying to pick up new girls all the time? I don't know.
good points..and to tell you the truth i dunno why i wanna gf..maybe its because my cousin who i look up to is getting married on saturday and a buncha my boys have gfs..

i know that once i do have a gf my life will kinda come together more and shit will calm down. i kinda feel that i party way the fuck too much (i went out every single day for the last 2 weeks up until the start of this week)

and yah i did think about the fact the girls may just like me and wanna fuck and yada yada but if thats the case, then how come the one(s) that i really like are kinda outta my boundaries?

while i'm at it, do you still have a GF? if not when you gunna come party? lol
Old 07-27-2007, 05:05 PM
werd

Originally Posted by AkuraCLS
good points..and to tell you the truth i dunno why i wanna gf..maybe its because my cousin who i look up to is getting married on saturday and a buncha my boys have gfs..

i know that once i do have a gf my life will kinda come together more and shit will calm down. i kinda feel that i party way the fuck too much (i went out every single day for the last 2 weeks up until the start of this week)
You want a girlfriend just because everyone else has one? Not a good reason.

Why would you want everything to calm down? Is there some drama in your life I'm not aware of?

I just don't see the connection between:

how much you party -> wanting to have a GF -> your life "coming together"

And why do you look up to your cousin? Certainly it's not because he's getting married. People get married all the time. If he wasn't married, would you not look up to him anymore?

and yah i did think about the fact the girls may just like me and wanna fuck and yada yada but if thats the case, then how come the one(s) that i really like are kinda outta my boundaries?
You mean out of your league? What girls are out of your league? What girls do you really like? Are you just being shot down?

Some girls aren't going to like you because you like to party a lot and you're a flirt and not exactly the most reliable from the POV of a girl who wants a monogamous relationship. But, if you're going to be in a relationship, why do you want one someone who isn't going to like you for who you are anyway? Or do you just lust/desire/want girls that you can't have?

while i'm at it, do you still have a GF? if not when you gunna come party? lol
Yeah, I have a GF still, but I don't know how much longer that's going to last. It's been rough for me. But if this doesn't work out, and soon... We are DEFINITELY going to party.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:20 PM
ALi G in the House!

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
amisconseption - I 100% agree with all that you said.

AkuraCLS - I don't think that your standards are too high. Let me ask you a question....if you met a girl and you're totally into her, when did you picture yourself having sex with her? And also, if she gave you the green light, should she feel that you were after just one thing even though you were not?

I think if she is that connected to you, it shouldn't matter when you guys get intimate. Who's to say that she will not be 100% faithful to you.

I say, continue being yourself, if it works out with this girl, then great. If it doesn't at least we will have some comments about her pics.

yah i think i would..but i'll give you another example. i posted a pic a while ago (which has since been removed) of this girl that i hit while i was in San Diego for a weekend..anyways shit kinda went downhill after that cuz i saw the way she was and how easy she is..and i figured if shes like that with me then for sure shes like that with everyone. i didn't base it just on the hookup factor but also on the fact that she's a hardcore party girl, drinks a lot and gets tossed (found out about this the next night lol!) she is smart and sweet and totally my type but that shit makes me feel that i can't trust her..cuz i know she likes to drink and i'm not going to tell her to stop, cuz that wouldn't be "me"
Old 07-27-2007, 06:23 PM
ALi G in the House!

Originally Posted by PillsburyChoboy
Um, why is it necessary for you to have a GF? Do you feel you are missing out on something? You have sex. You have friends. You have a life. What else do you need?

It's really a coinflip ... relationships can be nurturing/rewarding/fun but the possibility of dealing with a passive-aggressive, volatile, ball-and-chain-mentality, or waiting-for-proposal-all-the-friggin'-time women is very high.

For every guy who truly loves his GF and can't imaging being without her, I know another guy who is sick and tired of all the BMW (bitching, moaning, whining) he has to put up with. A lot depends on the gal but then again, I am fully convinced that women typically change for the worse when in relationships ... at least from a guy's POV. It might be specific to my circle of friends, my environment (NYC), and prior experiences but having a GF can oftentimes be more a curse than a blessing ... especially in your 20's.

Do you enjoy going out, socializing, or partying it up at your whim? Do you like independence and doing what you want? Do you like not having to be accountable for your actions all the time? Do you like to focus on your career and professional ambitions? Do you enjoy a life that isn't scrutinized or overanalyzed? A GF may compromise these kind of things.
its kinda a tossup, somedays i love the freedom, and other days i want someone i can be close with..if i could find someone that i could have both, well then thats just the icing on the cake
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
ALi G in the House!

You want a girlfriend just because everyone else has one? Not a good reason.

Why would you want everything to calm down? Is there some drama in your life I'm not aware of?

I just don't see the connection between:

how much you party -> wanting to have a GF -> your life "coming together"

And why do you look up to your cousin? Certainly it's not because he's getting married. People get married all the time. If he wasn't married, would you not look up to him anymore?

You mean out of your league? What girls are out of your league? What girls do you really like? Are you just being shot down?

Some girls aren't going to like you because you like to party a lot and you're a flirt and not exactly the most reliable from the POV of a girl who wants a monogamous relationship. But, if you're going to be in a relationship, why do you want one someone who isn't going to like you for who you are anyway? Or do you just lust/desire/want girls that you can't have?

Yeah, I have a GF still, but I don't know how much longer that's going to last. It's been rough for me. But if this doesn't work out, and soon... We are DEFINITELY going to party.

well i lookup to my cousin just because he's like my older brother. and yes i know that just cuz he's getting married means that i have to go have a gf or get married myself, i just kinda want the closeness that a relationship/gf will bring..i guess thats the only aspect that i'm missing at this point. i dont really know why but i can only assume its because everyone around me is married and or has a gf..and well to put it bluntly i just have fuck buddies..

now i'm not complaining about it at all, and i know i can pick up/hookup but i want what is in my eyes a "quality girl" what that means? i really dont know. i think if i did have a gf at this point she would have to be the female version of me, and thats going to be pretty hard to find. someone that likes to party but also understands the concept of 1 on 1 time and is faithful and real..

as for the part about girls being out of my league..thats not possible and or i don't believe there are leagues for me. i've had models, high power lawyers, teachers yada yada so i dont think there are any boundaries as far as social class/looks that i can't conquer.

anywyas enough rambling..i'll let it be at that..

hopefully we can party soon though hit me up
Old 07-29-2007, 10:14 AM
East Coast Boost.!

A sounds like it would fit your situation well.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:44 AM
ALi G in the House!

so as promised..here are the pics lol sorry there are only 2

Old 07-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Team Owner

^^^

Cute chick.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
ALi G in the House!

ty
Old 07-31-2007, 02:04 PM
Suzuka Master

yeah definitely a cutie. And that's saying a lot coming from me because I don't see many asian girls I'm attracted to. But she's one of them.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
werd

+1 for cutie
Old 07-31-2007, 03:08 PM
ALi G in the House!

lol thanks guys
Old 07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Nice...
Old 07-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Racer

someone beat me to it, but i don't believe you've answered the question..

how hard do you push these girls to sleep with you? from your previous posts, i believe you try pretty hard to get them to sleep with you. but when they cave in, you mentally label them slutty. that just doesn't make sense to me. also, it takes two to tango.. you're equally slutty. why do you feel that you deserve a girl that waits, when you don't wait yourself. imo, once you start being more boyfriend material, you'll attract girls that are girlfriend material.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Suzuka Master

good points, but my response to that would be guys are supposed to do the pushing, prodding etc. and girls are supposed to be the gatekeepers.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:30 PM
ALi G in the House!

Originally Posted by the_Osk
someone beat me to it, but i don't believe you've answered the question..

how hard do you push these girls to sleep with you? from your previous posts, i believe you try pretty hard to get them to sleep with you. but when they cave in, you mentally label them slutty. that just doesn't make sense to me. also, it takes two to tango.. you're equally slutty. why do you feel that you deserve a girl that waits, when you don't wait yourself. imo, once you start being more boyfriend material, you'll attract girls that are girlfriend material.

i actually never push the girls to sleep with me..or very rarely...unless they are like a 10 and i want a trophy to take home..lol as bad as that sounds...either way after i wrote this thread and i got some feedback, i decided to pursue this girl that i've liked for a while but i haven't done anything with (more of a challenge, and i can see myself with her as more of a bf/gf rather then just another fuck) so thats where i'm currently headed..in the meanwhile if something else comes up i wont say no, as im not tied down in any way..for now at least
Old 08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
^ Any updates? You still keeping the rare Japanese girl with good teeth with you?

PS And this said girl that you've liked for a while ... live up to your life motto and ... post pics!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by derrick
^ Any updates? You still keeping the rare Japanese girl with good teeth with you?

PS And this said girl that you've liked for a while ... live up to your life motto and ... post pics!

o.o theres pictures on the other page
Old 08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Play it by year mang...

How easy would it be for you not to cheat if you had a gf?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 PM
ALi G in the House!

Originally Posted by KCPreki11
Play it by year mang...

How easy would it be for you not to cheat if you had a gf?

very easy actually..as i would know that she would always be there for me and so on..i had a gf for 5 years before i went wild and i didnt cheat on her..
Old 08-30-2007, 12:40 AM
I love Chanel

Sam,

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Men can be quite hypocritical and pose a lot of double standards in these situations which is totally unfair to us women. Don't you think that you banging her on the first or second date makes YOU a whore and not bf material as well? Why put it all on her? What makes you holy-er than her? She could possibly be a good girl who happens to be at a bar because like most people, she likes to hang out with friends. And some people who go to clubs aren't necessarily out to get laid or party. What if she was there because she likes to dance or likes to listen to music?

You're setting yourself up and feeding your brain with all these stereotypes and misconceptions. You could've possibly missed out on a good person because of it.

All I can tell you is, if you really like the girl....then respect her and take things slow. Don't feed into what her emotions can't handle. Some women are pretty weak when it comes to men that they are into. But you can't push her under the train and expect something that you fed into, to fit your standards. If you want a good woman, just treat her right and take it slow.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:18 PM
ALi G in the House!

at it again last night..love russians! LOVE russians..