Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:32 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greetings

Gang,

Greetings from No. California, the real North! Yreka, CA! Near the Oregon border in Siskiyou County.

Just aquired an 01 Acura CL 3.2 Type S.

I know of the Transmission problems etc.

The car runs great, shifts great and has a paltry 135,xxx miles on the clock.

Anyways, hope to read until my eyes bulge out and keep my car alive!

Paid just over $6,000 for it. It's the Silver color, name escapes me at the moment. and it has Navigation and soon as I figure out how to use it and update it with a new DVD, as soon as I figure out where that is, it pretty much doesn't need anything as of yet. TLC, maybe some better sway bars and constant attention to that Transmission!

Anyways, nice site, always glad to find a good informative site for cars that I've own/owned.

I got rid of my '00 Yukon SLE with over 200,000 miles.

L8R

Aaron - Nappers
Old 06-12-2014, 06:35 AM
Don't care...

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Old 06-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Rawr.

Received 715 Likes on 421 Posts
Welcome
Old 06-18-2014, 11:09 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you Gents!

Richkid, amazing thread you got! Fast car and a lot of un I'm sure!

I gave the car a good wash, no pics yet and gave the interior a good scrubbing. The wheels have some curb rash and the dealer offered me cost to get them polished.

I dumped 3qts of tranny fluid, looked kinda brownish, dumped 3 DW1 back into it. I also flushed the power steering and put OEM fluid back in it. My next steps are to check air filter, cabin filters and give that tranny some more TLC. Plan a 3X3 flush and dump 3qts every XXXX miles.

It's been a fun car. I had some Porsches come up on me as I was driving and into traffic, I punched it and got out of it quickly. I would like to think I smoked the Porsches but they didn't follow suit......

Anyways, great site, some great projects you guys have going. Been reading and minding my own business until I can answer some questions to folks. I love the car. It may take me months to get the required 5 posts!

L8R

Aaron
The following users liked this post:
Marcelechka (06-19-2014)