little help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
little help please

Ok I have a 03 type s automatic. Car has 165000 miles. Car ran fine last Saturday. On Sunday it sounded like it was falling off a bit when the vtec hit. By Monday evening the car lost all top end power. It will still hit the vtec but has no power after 4k rpm. No engine light but is throwing a random misfire code 1339 I believe. I checked the coil packs by pulling one at a time and they all seem fine. Cleaned the egr ports which were pretty bad but didnt help. Today I changed the plugs and nothing...

I got the car with 140000 and not sure when or if the timing belt has been changed. Im thinking it skipped a tooth on the timing but just want to hear if anyone has any other ideas before I get into changing the timing belt cause if I do that and I still have an issue it may just end up in a tree lol.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't know what would be causing your issue, but you might need to take the car into a shop. Definitely find out if the timing belt has done, and if not, do it! You can say bye bye to the engine if that breaks.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely going to change the timing belt but just want to figure out this issue without randomly changing parts. Does anyone know what the coil packs are supposed to read on the ohm meter. Im getting between 1.82 and 1.9 I saw somewhere that they should be .9 to 1.1. I recently had my ground wire to the block come apart and I'm wondering if the stress of losing ground could jave fried them all
Old 07-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Eurotrash

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by fultilt
Does anyone know what the coil packs are supposed to read on the ohm meter. Im getting between 1.82 and 1.9 I saw somewhere that they should be .9 to 1.1. I recently had my ground wire to the block come apart and I'm wondering if the stress of losing ground could jave fried them all
You can't test the ignition coils with just an Ohm meter; one needs fancy stuff to test them properly....