water leaking INSIDE my car !!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
water leaking INSIDE my car !!

It's been raining a lot last night and today when I got in the car, there was water leaking from the passenger's visor. The car is 2 months old, I took in the dealership but the service department was closed !! Gonna have to take it back tomorrow, but does this ever happened to anyone ???
Old 11-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Instructor

I must be the only one, damn, so unlucky !!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Instructor

gotta give it more than a half hour for replies. But I never heard of it happening before. That's just me though. Could be the sunroof seal. Or if it's right by the visor sounds like maybe the windshield was replaced and not sealed correctly when it was.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,411 Posts
passenger visor? That means windshield leak or water drain leak. It could have happened due to improper gluing of the windshield to the car, or in the event that something is blocking the water drain.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Intermediate

I know this post is really old, but I just had the same problem on my two month old 2010 TSX. What did the dealer do to fix your problem? I've washed the car a few times w/o any leaks and I checked the entire car just to be sure. I have a sunroof visor and the car was parked uphill when we had a major storm. The headliner around the center controls and under the passenger visor was soaked. The water ran down the a pillar and dripped onto the passenger seat and floor. The sunroof was completely closed before the storm. I have an appointment with the dealer next week. I checked all four drains and they are not blocked, water runs under the mud flaps when I pour water in there. The sunroof rubber seal looks good.

A side note:
Overall, I'm extremely disappointed with this car. I've had more problems in two months than I've had in twenty years with my 1991 Integra (still have and over 350K miles). We also have a 2007 TL-S and 2001 Integra and those cars have been flawless. I could care less about taking the loss and want to dump the car, but my wife has convinced me to hold on a bit longer.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:35 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by sgfitzs
I know this post is really old, but I just had the same problem on my two month old 2010 TSX. What did the dealer do to fix your problem? I've washed the car a few times w/o any leaks and I checked the entire car just to be sure. I have a sunroof visor and the car was parked uphill when we had a major storm. The headliner around the center controls and under the passenger visor was soaked. The water ran down the a pillar and dripped onto the passenger seat and floor. The sunroof was completely closed before the storm. I have an appointment with the dealer next week. I checked all four drains and they are not blocked, water runs under the mud flaps when I pour water in there. The sunroof rubber seal looks good.

A side note:
Overall, I'm extremely disappointed with this car. I've had more problems in two months than I've had in twenty years with my 1991 Integra (still have and over 350K miles). We also have a 2007 TL-S and 2001 Integra and those cars have been flawless. I could care less about taking the loss and want to dump the car, but my wife has convinced me to hold on a bit longer.
You can repost this in the 2G TSX side and get a better response. Numerous members have had complaints about their 2G TSX.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Cruisin'

I bought my 2010 TSX in Nov. 2009 and have now experienced this problem 2 times. Once in December and again just this week. After the car had been parked outside at work during heavy rain storms, water dripped down from the left overhead map light when I backed out of my spot and the headliner around that area to the windshield and near by the passenger side visor was sopping wet. I have taken the car to the dealer both times, but all they did was try to get it to leak for them by running a hose on it or sitting it in the car wash. The water has only leaked in when sitting out in a really heavy rain. The moonroof drains are clear, the moonroof was closed, and the car was parked in a level space. This time they pulled down the headliner and tried their leak testing, but since they could not see where the water is coming in, they would not do anything because they don't know what to replace. They are just trying to tell me that when there is so much water coming down, they drains are only so big and there will be overflow that backs up and that is what is getting in. I think that this answer is crap! If that is the case, then shouldn't every vehicle with a moonroof be leaking when in heavy rain? One person there told me they've seen it a couple times, but the Acura tech line engineers didn't know of a problem with this car, but then when I spoke to the service manager, they tried to act like they see it all the time! I will now be trying to contact Acura to see if I can get anywhere with a fix for this problem. Since I live in the midwest, heavy thunderstorms are a regular occurance, and I know the leak will be back.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I once had a new 1994 Honda Accord EX that leaked under the front passenger door.. to the tune of puddling in the foot well.

Look at it this way. Maybe you'll get lucky and have a car pool.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Water leak from roof in 2008 TL (click here)