Diamon Fusion?

Old 01-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Diamon Fusion?

Anyone heard of a product called Diamon Fusion that is supposed to strengthen glass up 10x, and make it more pit resistant. Supposedly used in Europe a lot, and is now applied to armored HMMWV bound for Iraq to cut down on the damage to glass from the sand and wind (scouring), though not the bullets.

Supposed to be more like rain resistant like rain-x and glare cutting, and lasts for years...Also used a lot in high end architectural applications.

Is this another high profit dealership scam, or something different?

http://www.diamonfusion.com/
Old 01-18-2007, 07:49 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Fusion is great

I recently purchased a TL S-type. I too was skeptical of the Diamond Fusion treatment. I had the dealer throw that in along with a few other things. So I didn't have to pay for it. However, it is worth every penny. Not only does rain and snow roll right off the window but it really cuts down on glare. I live in an area with a lot of one-lane roads and no street lights ... so at night, especially when it is raining it can be difficult to see when oncoming headlights are coming at you. Really it is not a scam. I love it!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
^^ Sounds like a salesman to me
Old 01-18-2007, 08:11 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chas2
Anyone heard of a product called Diamon Fusion that is supposed to strengthen glass up 10x, and make it more pit resistant. Supposedly used in Europe a lot, and is now applied to armored HMMWV bound for Iraq to cut down on the damage to glass from the sand and wind (scouring), though not the bullets.

Supposed to be more like rain resistant like rain-x and glare cutting, and lasts for years...Also used a lot in high end architectural applications.

Is this another high profit dealership scam, or something different?

http://www.diamonfusion.com/
A glass sub-contractor used this on one of our recent projects (Architectural glass façade) and it does what it says. I had noticed that the water blades used to dry glass surfaces would leave hair-line scratches (or worse)
(note: California Water Blade users) with glass treated with Dimon-Fusion Glass spray the glass was scratch free

O O Not a salesman, just a UK dumbarchitect

Last edited by TOGWT; 01-18-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 591 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGWT
A glass sub-contractor used this on one of our recent projects (Architectural glass façade) and it does what it says. I had noticed that the water blades used to dry glass surfaces would leave hair-line scratches (or worse)
(note: California Water Blade users) with glass treated with Dimon-Fusion Glass spray the glass was scratch free

O O Not a salesman, just a UK dumbarchitect
^^^^^ I am an architect in CA and had contacted this company for additional information on their product as they are less than 100 miles away. I never received any response back to my inquiry. I was hoping they would send me a sample to test.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts
whats the cost??? if this stuff can do more than Rain-X at a affardoable price, then it's worth it.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a salesman

For the record I am not a salesman. I am a female owner of a brand new 2007 TL S-Type.
I doubted that it would do everything my Sales Consultant told me that it would ... but it does.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
whats the cost??? if this stuff can do more than Rain-X at a affardoable price, then it's worth it.
I went ahead and had this done aftermarket by a mobile glass repair man. It was 225 for the application, and the stuff is remarkable so far. He says the coating is fused to the glass, and is permanent, which is what gives it the strength and abrasion resistance claimed by the manufacturers. Will last for five years or more he says. He gave me a cleaner to use for when it seems dirty or performance degraded in the rain. He says it is mostly alchohol.

Any better than rain x or so forth? It seems to perform the same or better than rain-x in heavy rain, but the remarkable thing is that you can see out of the glass better, the claim that glare is reduced is true, especially at night. Have not tested out the abrasion resistance, but if it works even half way, it is worth it.

He says he applies it to new taxis in the area that service the airport, and has noticed a marked decrease (not total) in chip repair calls from those hundred or so he has applied the coating to versus the approximate 900 in the fleet. (Each cab is owned by the driver).

It is only applied to the windshield for that price, so it is pricey. If it were the $775 they charge at the dealer, forget it.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm...........Why do i see a bright light in my head???
Old 01-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Hmmmmmmmm...........Why do i see a bright light in my head???
offer it at a good price (100 bucks for the entire spay bottle and cleaner) and i'll be on your list...