navigation screen wont turn on :(

Old 08-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
navigation screen wont turn on :(

Hello -

I have an 05 Acura TL w/nav. Unfortuantely this morning I went to go start my car and the navi screen wouldn't turn on. I dont see the OK screen or anything. It looks like it flashes for a second and then it goes off instantly. I can hear the radio, change the channels using the buttons below the screen but nothing on the screen actually works. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can check to see if I can fix this myself?

Thank you!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Take the disc out of the drive (located in trunk) and make sure it's not scratched or damaged. Blow out any dust or debris in the drive as well. Re-insert the disc, then retry.

I'm amazed how many probablems, and Navi failues, I've been reading about with the 04-06's TL's as of late. Not a good sign, especially on a part that expensive.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
what happens if you press the Map/Guide button, or any other button for that matter? Also, is your Navi hacked with the OK Button mod? On my 06, before I applied the hack, if I did not press OK the screen would go black. It would come back on when I pressed a button, but I would then have to press the OK button to get to anything useful.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dwb993
what happens if you press the Map/Guide button, or any other button for that matter? Also, is your Navi hacked with the OK Button mod? On my 06, before I applied the hack, if I did not press OK the screen would go black. It would come back on when I pressed a button, but I would then have to press the OK button to get to anything useful.
If I press the map button nothing happens. Also I don't even get to see the OK button, it never shows up since the screen doesnt fully turn on.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Advanced

Smile

Originally Posted by BradE
Take the disc out of the drive (located in trunk) and make sure it's not scratched or damaged. Blow out any dust or debris in the drive as well. Re-insert the disc, then retry.

I'm amazed how many probablems, and Navi failues, I've been reading about with the 04-06's TL's as of late. Not a good sign, especially on a part that expensive.
GOT IT TO WORK!

I can't say I did anything magic to fix it though. I stayed away from my car for a couple hours, came back to turn it on to drive somewhere and the navi screen asked for my pin. I entered the pin from the dealer's card that was in the book and the navi configutation process began. It took about 10 minutes to go through it but after everything was done, all my saved stations/addresses, etc. came back and the system works great again

Thank you both for your quick replies!