CD player not working !!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD player not working !!!!

I didnt drive my car for a few days but today i went for a ride and i went to switching to cd from listening to xm, and all of a sudden my cd player button does not respond. Anyone have any ideas what could've happened? My XM and am/fm radio works fine, i tried ejecting the cd but no response. I have a 04 with navi. I did some researching but it sounds like i might need a new cd player. What im confused about is that it was working fine a few days before.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:33 PM
1st Gear

I had the same issue w the cd player... Try turning the car off and than turn it on the on position and than press the cd button and try to eject the cd if that works than there is a short in the cd player and I had to replace my mines and it was 500 dollarss... It's better to get an aftermarket touch screen cd player.... I should have done that in the first place it's cheaper....
Old 05-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Make it so

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
Thumbs up

I agree with TL keo...at least, before he talked about the cost to replace his CD player.

I've had this exact problem. Do what he said- turn the car on and off, and then try it again.

If your CD unit is totally dead, like mine was, buy a new CD unit.

I disagree with keo completely at this point- it shouldn't cost you $500, unless you are an utter fool and actually have the dealer order it AND install it for you (they make bank off your labor cost). I bought my new CD unit for just $150 and installed it myself. I've played with that CD unit, taking it out and replacing it three times now, it's not that hard. And no, the reason I took it in and out was for other reasons, not because the replacement failed.

An aftermarket CD player is a huge waste, and for a car like yours that has navi, it looks absolutely FUGLY. The car looks so much sharper, and the CD unit works perfectly as it is, there's no reason to make your ride look stupid by putting in an aftermarket CD player. Just buy a new or used head unit (make sure it's from an 04- the wiring harness that goes from the navi to the CD player changed starting in 2005) and replace it. It's cheaper, works great, and looks sharp.

I also have a 2004 TL with navi, so take it from me- I've been in your shoes. You can look in the B/S/T forums here on AcuraZine or even on eBay (and other auto parts stores) and you can easily find one for cheap.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by DuoDSG
I agree with TL keo...at least, before he talked about the cost to replace his CD player.

I've had this exact problem. Do what he said- turn the car on and off, and then try it again.

If your CD unit is totally dead, like mine was, buy a new CD unit.

I disagree with keo completely at this point- it shouldn't cost you $500, unless you are an utter fool and actually have the dealer order it AND install it for you (they make bank off your labor cost). I bought my new CD unit for just $150 and installed it myself. I've played with that CD unit, taking it out and replacing it three times now, it's not that hard. And no, the reason I took it in and out was for other reasons, not because the replacement failed.

An aftermarket CD player is a huge waste, and for a car like yours that has navi, it looks absolutely FUGLY. The car looks so much sharper, and the CD unit works perfectly as it is, there's no reason to make your ride look stupid by putting in an aftermarket CD player. Just buy a new or used head unit (make sure it's from an 04- the wiring harness that goes from the navi to the CD player changed starting in 2005) and replace it. It's cheaper, works great, and looks sharp.

I also have a 2004 TL with navi, so take it from me- I've been in your shoes. You can look in the B/S/T forums here on AcuraZine or even on eBay (and other auto parts stores) and you can easily find one for cheap.
Hi DuoDSG,

Thanks for the input. I too have a failed CD player and have been waiting to replace it. Where were you able to purchase one for $150.00?

Did you have a write up on the remove and replace process?

Thank you,
TL-Rocket
'04 TL 6MT
Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Make it so

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TL-Rocket
Hi DuoDSG,

Thanks for the input. I too have a failed CD player and have been waiting to replace it. Where were you able to purchase one for $150.00?

Did you have a write up on the remove and replace process?

Thank you,
TL-Rocket
'04 TL 6MT
The way I found one for $150 is either on eBay or even here in the B/S/T forums...once I posted that I had a busted unit, I actually had a member on here PM me offering his old unit that he had just switched out. Works like a charm, so don't be shy about asking around. I just did a search on eBay and I found some for $200 with shipping, so you should be able to find something that works for you.

As for how to take them out and replace them, the info I used was from the 04 TL service manual. I was able to find the entire manual online and download it (I would never dream of printing it out), but I know you can find the pages you need (without thousands of other pages you don't need) here on the forum. use them as a reference for what steps to take to do everything in, but save yourself some headaches and look at this thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/f-051-diy-video-how-remove-center-console-lower-dash-glove-box-733555/

since it has a bunch of videos. Makes it way easier.

Now, without further ado, here are the scans of the manual. And yes, you have to remove all of that (except the molding around your instrument cluster, don't worry about that). I saw that you have an MT, so I included the MT procedure for your shifter so you don't get lost. It's a lot, but it's easier than you think by looking at the manual.

If you need any help, feel free to hit me up since I've done this a few times, so I know how to screw things up from experience haha

Old 02-20-2014, 11:37 PM
650 King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 acura tl navi same problem :(((

same thing just happened to me... radio aux n all still work bt cd player is acting funny doesnt play any cds i was able to eject the cds out easily..my question is in order to replace this can i buy just the cd player unit or i have to get the one with the navigation??navigation works perfectly fine btw!

here is a link where it sells the cd player unit for the navi tl separately..
http://www.cd4car.com/2004-2006-acur...-changer-1tb0/
ANY FEEDBACK would be so helpful!thank u guys!!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
^ Make sure your 1TBx matches that one, but you could just send it in to have them repair it. Talk to them on the live chat. Joe was very helpful and they qouted me for the 6 disc changer repair $179 plus shipping. I just sent mine.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by kaushiknair
same thing just happened to me... radio aux n all still work bt cd player is acting funny doesnt play any cds i was able to eject the cds out easily..my question is in order to replace this can i buy just the cd player unit or i have to get the one with the navigation??navigation works perfectly fine btw!

I have the same exact problem as you, let me know what you decide to do.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 PM
650 King

Originally Posted by EvilVirus
^ Make sure your 1TBx matches that one, but you could just send it in to have them repair it. Talk to them on the live chat. Joe was very helpful and they qouted me for the 6 disc changer repair $179 plus shipping. I just sent mine.
can u send me the website or link that u sent yours in?thanks
Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mod - can this be moved to the audio/electronics thread? Thanks
Old 02-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts

can u send me the website or link that u sent yours in?thanks
LOL you posted in your own post.

www.cd4car.com

Either calll them or do the live chat.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 PM
7th Gear

Have the same trouble with my CD player too just stop working out the blue so that link will definitely help me out
Old 10-31-2016, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

?

I know there are places that will repair MDX radios/cd players... Does anyone know WHAT they do and where to get the parts? I can do it myself if I can find the parts.