CD changer error - ErE1 and great service from dealer

Old 03-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
CD changer error - ErE1 and great service from dealer

Took my car in today for the 45k service. Also have had intermittent problems with the CD changer. I would get that error once or twice a week. If I restarted the car it worked fine.

Of course I have not had the error appear since I made the appointment for the service so I figured the technician would never see it. They ran some diagnostics on the cd changer and replaced my changer/radio under warranty even though the warranty expired long ago. They even had one in stock so it was put in today as well.

I drive an hour out of my way to go to this dealer - Rosenthal in Gaithersburg, MD - because all the local dealers are incompetent and I don't trust them with my car. None of them would have done this for me.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just started having this same problem today and I do not know what is going on. It was working fine yesterday and now i get a chec and an ere1 error except with my car it doesnt stop when i turn the car off. Dealer is trying to charge $85 just to diagnose!!! someone please help me
Old 03-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Advanced

getting an error message on my cd player

i brought mine in to the dealer and told me that one of my cd are jammed or stuck but mines still under warranty so they changed it for me?
Old 03-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I'm having the same problem and when I took it in to the dealer, since they couldn't replicate the problem there they told me they couldn't do anything about it, and for me to come by when the problem arises. Its so shitty man, like I have nothing else to do and just drive around aimlessly till this problem happens and then I can take a trip to the dealer, sometimes their practices are so retarded!!! Sorry just venting.

On a side note, glad to hear you got better service.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Peace out A-spec

just recently my cds got stuck in the player.. They replaced my cd player for free due to warrenty
i have a 03' 3.2 TL A-SPEC.. one thing they did wrong... they fucked up the center dash..
the service manager refused to fix it... THAT RAT FACE BASTARD
To all TL's in the Toronto Area DO NOT GO TO TERRANCE GATE ACURA
Old 03-18-2005, 03:54 PM
WDP Is Faster

Yo sup guys..about 2 years ago, about two times already I had gotten the CD stuck into the cd player because it was a burned cd. I took it to Acura of Pleasanton and they had replaced the whole cd console first time around. 2nd time around, they threatened me and said that they will not replace the console anymore if I ever get the cds stuck again.

Basically I said fuck that shit and just kept on playing burned cds. Paying fuckin 38k for a car that can't even play burned cds?? WTF.

I found out (happened again) if you use something long and flat like a nail filer and push the cd upwards (nail file under the cd when it's stuck) while holding the eject button, it will come out eventually come out. So for the people who have said that they had to change the console because of the jammed cds.. It's a total waste and higher probability the dealerships will fuck up your system more than help it. It'll waste your time too.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by reloaded
Yo sup guys..about 2 years ago, about two times already I had gotten the CD stuck into the cd player because it was a burned cd. I took it to Acura of Pleasanton and they had replaced the whole cd console first time around. 2nd time around, they threatened me and said that they will not replace the console anymore if I ever get the cds stuck again.

Basically I said fuck that shit and just kept on playing burned cds. Paying fuckin 38k for a car that can't even play burned cds?? WTF.

I found out (happened again) if you use something long and flat like a nail filer and push the cd upwards (nail file under the cd when it's stuck) while holding the eject button, it will come out eventually come out. So for the people who have said that they had to change the console because of the jammed cds.. It's a total waste and higher probability the dealerships will fuck up your system more than help it. It'll waste your time too.
O wow... can u explain how u used a nail filer to get into the jammed CD's...

I'm really fed up with the ErE1 malfunction code...

please help me..thx
Old 09-05-2005, 01:56 PM
i

Dealers are definitley idiots when it comes to their own cars, they don't know shit. Same thing happened to my cd player, it would rarely play, so i took it in to the dealer. They replaced it for free b/c im a good customer and always take my car in for service, unfortunately, 5 minutes later as i was driving away, i get an Er-E0 error instead of Er-E1

so i said fuck that, took the piece of shit out myself, and got a nice panasonic headunit with trim and everything from cardomain for 200 bux, had it installed for 60, and i love it.

o yea, a sidenote: couple days ago i was in for 60k mile service on my car, some guy was lookin at the souvenirs in the service desk and sees an 'A-Spec' emblem and asks the lady at the desk "what is A-Spec?"...i wait for her response, she says, "ummm, its uhhhh, i honestly dont kno," and i thought, 'damn, u work at an Acura dealer dont u?'...well i was kind enough to enlighten the guy and so he thought it might not be the best thing to attatch to his truck.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:35 PM
WDP Is Faster

Originally Posted by chewi
O wow... can u explain how u used a nail filer to get into the jammed CD's...

I'm really fed up with the ErE1 malfunction code...

please help me..thx
Is your cd stuck in the cd player? If so, the little door that you put the cd through and take out from should be open. (It should be stuck open unless you turn your car off) You use something like this.... (wide, flat,long..i hope you get the picture) and you insert it under the cd. Now the nail file should be between the cd and bottom edge of the door for the console right? Then you simply just nudge the cd upwards with the nail file (while holding down the eject button). If it doesn't come out, then take the nail file out and insert it on top of the cd (between cd and top edge door of the console). Nudge it downwards...that should move the cd out of its jammed position and the cd should pop out.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Is your cd stuck in the cd player? If so, the little door that you put the cd through and take out from should be open. (It should be stuck open unless you turn your car off) You use something like this.... (wide, flat,long..i hope you get the picture) and you insert it under the cd. Now the nail file should be between the cd and bottom edge of the door for the console right? Then you simply just nudge the cd upwards with the nail file (while holding down the eject button). If it doesn't come out, then take the nail file out and insert it on top of the cd (between cd and top edge door of the console). Nudge it downwards...that should move the cd out of its jammed position and the cd should pop out.
Awesome Thanks....
But my problem is that when the ERE 1 code shows up.... it happens when I want to interchange to another CD sometimes. Then It would automaitcally go to RADIO mode. I would not be able to play, change, or eject any of the CD's. The ERE1 would always show up when i try to eject of hit the CD button. I takes alot of time before i can get the thing to eject.

My CD door is never open when the Error code shows up... its always closed.
I have to keep pressing both EJECT & the CD button for like 10 minutites untill i get it to EJECT sometimes. i took me a whole hr today from pressing all those buttons and holding buttons down.

If this happens too much... I guess I have to bring it in for a replacement b4 my warranty expires.

I'm just scared they will screw up something ... like scratch up some things...

Another thing is i play burnt CD's... but some people have no problems with it...
Old 10-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chewi
Awesome Thanks....
But my problem is that when the ERE 1 code shows up.... it happens when I want to interchange to another CD sometimes. Then It would automaitcally go to RADIO mode. I would not be able to play, change, or eject any of the CD's. The ERE1 would always show up when i try to eject of hit the CD button. I takes alot of time before i can get the thing to eject.

My CD door is never open when the Error code shows up... its always closed.
I have to keep pressing both EJECT & the CD button for like 10 minutites untill i get it to EJECT sometimes. i took me a whole hr today from pressing all those buttons and holding buttons down.

If this happens too much... I guess I have to bring it in for a replacement b4 my warranty expires.

I'm just scared they will screw up something ... like scratch up some things...

Another thing is i play burnt CD's... but some people have no problems with it...
i have the same problem as u...i still have warranty i was just wondering when the dealer changes my changer will they be able to give me back my cds stuck in the old one
Old 10-07-2005, 04:40 PM
WDP Is Faster

They better give it back to you.

If it's really the same problem as mines..or the cds are stuck in general, i don't get why you don't use my instructions to get it out. I stated before that it's complete bullshit that they have to take the cd deck out. It wastes your time bringing it in and it gives them more chances to fuck up your interior or scratch the paint and whatnot.

good luck ..and if you have any questions..ask me.

Reloaded
Old 10-07-2005, 06:14 PM
On the way!

Originally Posted by chaosboi916
i have the same problem as u...i still have warranty i was just wondering when the dealer changes my changer will they be able to give me back my cds stuck in the old one
They'll mail them to you. It took them about 2 months to get my CDs back to me when I had this happen.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Instructor

I had the same error message. The dealer said Acura did some tests and it is burned CD's that cause the error message. Apparently (on the 03 anyways) the radio is made by Bose, but the CD part is actually made by Alpine. For some reason burned Cd's cause an error message from time to time. There is no rhyme or reason as soemtimes you can go years without the error message and some people it happens right away. He replaced mine and advised me not to play burned cd's...which is fine, since most of mine arn't burned.

This is not unique to Acura. My friend has an Infinity and his CD player had the same problem and his friend (who is a mechanic at an Infinity dealership) said the same thing...good radio, but the cd part is made by Alpine.

It seems Alpine needs to get their S*** together and fix the problem.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Intermediate

They better give it back to you.

If it's really the same problem as mines..or the cds are stuck in general, i don't get why you don't use my instructions to get it out. I stated before that it's complete bullshit that they have to take the cd deck out. It wastes your time bringing it in and it gives them more chances to fuck up your interior or scratch the paint and whatnot.

good luck ..and if you have any questions..ask me.

Reloaded
i really dont want to bring it to the dealer or wait two months to get my cds back...i would try your way but the cd door doesnt open so theres really nothing for me to grab the cd with...i tried everything!..banging the sides...holding buttons but nothing opens..
Old 10-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Burning Brakes

If you have the money:

1. Buy an iPod.
2. Connect your iPod to your HU.
3. Say Goodbye to burned CDs forever!

V.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

I have been having the same problems, I ususlay disconnect and connect the battery again, and it works like a charm...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its been happening to me lately as well. Ended up tapping the side with my fist and no more ErE1 but probably not a long term solution.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I tried tapping on the side of center console but it rarely worked. Now I use my fingernail to flip the CD slot gate upward and gently "massage" the cd tray with my fingertip (don't have to press eject button). It worked for me every time, but can be PITA as it should not happen to a car like this. I will probably upgrade to Navi unit later on if this happens too frequently.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
YEAH!!

Thanks Guys. Did the "Nail File Fix". Worked great.

Somebody saved me ~$350.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Cruisin'

This just happened to me this morning. Im gonna try the nail file thing except I am going to have to use a butter knife(no nail file here)
Old 08-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Cruisin'

didnt take long to fix that...10 minutes and the cd now works
Old 12-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered TL Driver

When mine gets stuck I just grab another CD and use that to push down on the disc thats stuck and it ejects perfectly.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:02 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
happened to me when i first got my car in 02 because i had a cd label on it. dig it out with a thin small screwdriver or just take the headunit out and the faceplate off and you can have at'em!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM
2003 TL

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
In case anyone wants to try it, I was able to fix my CD player when I was getting the typical ErE1 jam error. I took the h.u. completely out. Then I took off the top cover of the CD player, which exposes the CDs & inner workings of the unit (about 5 or 6 lil screws). I noticed that one of the springs had come loose that help control the space between where each CD sits. So, I hooked up the spring that came loose, hooked it back up & voila...works fine now. It may not be worth it to most people, but I need my CDs to work for me until my blitzsafe comes in.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by webmastir
In case anyone wants to try it, I was able to fix my CD player when I was getting the typical ErE1 jam error. I took the h.u. completely out. Then I took off the top cover of the CD player, which exposes the CDs & inner workings of the unit (about 5 or 6 lil screws). I noticed that one of the springs had come loose that help control the space between where each CD sits. So, I hooked up the spring that came loose, hooked it back up & voila...works fine now. It may not be worth it to most people, but I need my CDs to work for me until my blitzsafe comes in.
Thanks for sharing that info. I'll keep that in mind if my 6-disc player ever starts acting up.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Traded in my

My issue was that those retaining springs were warped from being in a strange position for so long..took too long to open the HU up. So I basically just took them out with 5 of the CD trays cuz they were so loose they did nothing to hold the trays together. I can only have one CD at a time now but who the eff uses CDs anyways????
Blitzsafe FTW!!! Plus movies in my car and avoid major HU headaches....all for much less than a dealer "fix" or an aftermarket HU...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:05 AM
NPT
1st Gear

Angry Burnt CD stuck in CD changer

I have an Acura TL 3.2 - 2002.
About a year back I inserted 2 burnt CDS in the BOSE CD changer and the Cds have been stuck in there ever since. I went to the local dealer and they said they do not work on audio systems. They recommended another local audio repair shop locally. The shop said it would cost me atleast $300 to get the Cds out. I dont wanna pay that amount to remove CDs, with no guarantee that the CD will be functional after that operation.

So I tried using the nail filer idea to get the CDs out. However when I manually lift the narrow slit door up with the filer and peek in to look for the CDs, I do not see any Cds. Im guessing the carousel has taken the Cds to the back where it is not visible. Hence the nail filer trick does not help.

The console shows that all 6 CD slots are full. That is incorrect since I know only 2 burnt CDs are in. When I click on the "Next" CD the carousel does not turn.

It sounds like Im gonna have to get the entire CD player ripped out to get the burnt Cds out and install it back in.

However getting the CD player out is mysteriously elusive. I didnt find any hidden screws or any other mechanism to get the player dismanteled. Per one of the discussion thread messages the screws are supposed to be inside the arm rest and the entire wooden panel from the arm rest to the audio system will need to be dismanteled. I searched the web for a procedure on how to remove the player but havent found it. Does anyone know of a site or have a procedure on how to remove the CD palyer.

Im pretty clsoe to being fed up with this project!

Thanks people!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TLTypeSilver
When mine gets stuck I just grab another CD and use that to push down on the disc thats stuck and it ejects perfectly.
I push down and or up on the CD . . . so far it's worked every time.

. . . so what's the issue with this? None of my other cars ever had this problem. Is this a general problem with this multiplayer unit? Sounds like it might be.

Ruf
Old 08-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by NPT

.....However getting the CD player out is mysteriously elusive. I didnt find any hidden screws or any other mechanism to get the player dismanteled. Per one of the discussion thread messages the screws are supposed to be inside the arm rest and the entire wooden panel from the arm rest to the audio system will need to be dismanteled. I searched the web for a procedure on how to remove the player but havent found it. Does anyone know of a site or have a procedure on how to remove the CD player.
Here's are great instructions for removing the Radio:

http://www.skyeflye.com/acura_cls/In...01-2003_CL.pdf

It's written for the Acura CL but the steps are identical for the TL. Print out a hard copy to guide you through the steps.

I used this when I replaced my radio and navigation screen.

(For future reference, this is also linked in the "Official DIY Thread")
Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Traded in my

I used those instructions as well. Good tip for the first time is to have littile bags to put all the screws in and label where they go so you don't lose/forget any. I'm now a pro at ripping apart the interior. I had to do it several timed before I took out those stupid springs.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
I used those instructions as well. Good tip for the first time is to have littile bags to put all the screws in and label where they go so you don't lose/forget any. I'm now a pro at ripping apart the interior. I had to do it several times before I took out those stupid springs.
That's great advice and it's exactly what I did to make reassembling everything a snap.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:37 PM
2003 TL

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
...or just lay the screws out in an order as you take em out, don't necessarily need baggies. that pdf worked wonders for me too. fyi, for the TL's, the AC vents that go to the back vents make it a pain in the ass to get the seat warmer switches out for that first time. have fun. if you ever do it again a 2nd time, it's much easier
Old 12-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I know this is bringing a thread back from the dead... Anyways, I was really lazy and I've had this error for over a year and a half. I had gone back to listening to tapes! Good thing I didn't throw out the tape collection from when I was a kid! Anyways, one day it just unjammed on it's own, don't know what it was because the has had a lot of hard bumps in the last few years from all the potholes and it had never unjammed in the past! Great to hear CD sound again in car!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:08 PM
1st Gear

I have has this same problem for going on 2 years now. Going to have to try a few of these ideas and see what works.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

Thumbs up What is HU?

Originally Posted by vperkins2
If you have the money:

1. Buy an iPod.
2. Connect your iPod to your HU.
3. Say Goodbye to burned CDs forever!

V.

Yo what is this 'HU' you speak of!!?? i'm having the same problem and i'm using a AUX to Tape for my phone for music.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GarrettTL-S
Yo what is this 'HU' you speak of!!?? i'm having the same problem and i'm using a AUX to Tape for my phone for music.
HU= Head Unit
Old 11-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Cruisin'

I took mine apart and cleaned and greased it, but I'm still wary of it working all the time.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:01 PM
5th Gear

Call me crazy, but I this is one of those rare instances when hitting the thing works. Litterally hitting right above the CD player a few times with the bottom of your fist works.
Other times I've found that sticking your fingers into the CD slot and moving the little CD door that opens and closes will clear it up.

I got my car used and the error always kept happening until I giured out it's a mechanical problem, hence why simply turning it off doesn't do anything.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Rosenthal Acura is a very good dealership. I had to go there for an airbag recall and for them to look at my radio because mine started reading an error code and the code I had for the radio wasn't working. They gave me a new code for free and fixed the air bag in a short amount of time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD changer error - ErE1 and great service from dealer