My New 2009 TSX - Vortex Blue Pearl / Ebony

Old 06-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My New 2009 TSX - Vortex Blue Pearl / Ebony

Picked up my car yesterday (Base model with splash guards and side body molding) and took some pics this morning. God I love this car! My old car is a 2000 Infiniti I30. The TSX is definitely more agile as well as more confident cornering. The suspension is firm but not thrashing, and so far I like the feel of steering. I test drove one TL-S before and didn't quite like the heavy steering feeling. Here are some pics

I didn't go for the Tech, so I got the Garmin 750 instead. Strongly Recommend the dashboard mount! Much better than the suction cup.

TPMS system~

Very cool effect at night!

HID low beam, so bright~

Two things to complain:
1. I already got some chips on my front bumper... only 50 miles. Damn i need to spend another $500 or so for a clear bra.
2. The side body molding is useless.. It's positioned too low...

Other than that I love this car! Maybe throw in a set of TL-S dark rims on it later. I love those rims too
Old 06-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vortex really "pops" in the sun as some photos it looks almost navy. It is the only color I've yet to see in person, but I'm liking it. Thanks for the pics!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JeffS
Vortex really "pops" in the sun as some photos it looks almost navy. It is the only color I've yet to see in person, but I'm liking it. Thanks for the pics!
Yeah the actual color is a little bit lighter, more shining than it is on the photo. I tried different settings on my camera but still couldn't get a better result. I wan't considering the VBP at first but once I saw it, I knew I am gonna get this.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:59 AM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Very Nice!

The side molding looks nice, I am thinking of adding them to my TSX. It is also a base model but I have a Magellan Maestro 4250 GPS. Works fine for me since I don't really use GPS all the much locally. Mosty I only use GPS when I travel out of town.

Btw, mounting anything on the windshield is illegal in California. So I use the dash mount too.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:16 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
screamace...REALLY nice, that is a nice blue and thats for sure!! If I wasn't so obsessed with WHITE, that would have been my other choice for a color. Enjoy your TSX as I know I just can't get enough of mine, and like you, I love the handling and feel of the steering. I needed to get used to it, thats all, I wouldn't go back to my 2006 TSX now that I have driven this 2009 enough to appreciate its improvement....but thats just me....LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Race Director

i would just take off the body side molding.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Instructor

Thanks for posting the pics! Congrats!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Racer

I still find it amazing how these pictures don't make the car look as nice as it really does in real life. I am not saying that its the fault of the people taking the picture as even my pictures don't make the car look as good as it really does. I am not sure why, its just one of those things. I noticed that even the 1st gen TSX had the same problem....
Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 09TSX
I still find it amazing how these pictures don't make the car look as nice as it really does in real life. I am not saying that its the fault of the people taking the picture as even my pictures don't make the car look as good as it really does. I am not sure why, its just one of those things. I noticed that even the 1st gen TSX had the same problem....

I guess you are trying to say more or less that the TSX is not photogenic?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Racer

Yup....I can relate...I look way sexier in person
Old 06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 09TSX
Couldn't agree more!
I noticed first is the color is off in the pics. Not exactly like what we normally see. And in the pics we focus more on the details, like the shining grille, but in person we will take the car as a whole and in this way the grille of the new TSX blends in pretty well I think.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Nice car Screamace!! I love that blue but haven't seen it in person. My dealership had an 08 TL-s Blue which I can only think is somewhat similar and I loved it. Funny a lot of the Acura pictures you see on TV or at the initial unveiling were the blue however there doesn't seem to be many around.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I love the blue. Vortex blue/ebony is the combo I would get, but with tech. It looks hot!!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Advanced

Looks good. I think that is the only color I have yet to see in person.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
nice color but good luck keeping it clean. you'll have to fight with rock chips and swirls from now on. i had a artic blue pearl tsx too and rock chips were also hand wash only.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Racer

woww that blue is crazy awesome congrats
Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Catman
Nice car Screamace!! I love that blue but haven't seen it in person. My dealership had an 08 TL-s Blue which I can only think is somewhat similar and I loved it. Funny a lot of the Acura pictures you see on TV or at the initial unveiling were the blue however there doesn't seem to be many around.
Catman, I actually test drove a blue 08 TL-S before getting this one. I think the color is very similar but it seems to be more shining on 09 TSX.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by minkl81
nice color but good luck keeping it clean. you'll have to fight with rock chips and swirls from now on. i had a artic blue pearl tsx too and rock chips were also hand wash only.
Thanks for the advice. For the rock chips, 3M Scotchguard seems the way to go. I am considering getting it done but the closest authorized 3M retailer asked 700 for the front bumper and hood.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by screamace
Thanks for the advice. For the rock chips, 3M Scotchguard seems the way to go. I am considering getting it done but the closest authorized 3M retailer asked 700 for the front bumper and hood.

but it'll be well worth it. every year after winter season, i've collected more than dozens of rock chips.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:55 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by minkl81

Yup same with mine i have to look at repainting my car maybe...

ABP well VBP FTW =)
Old 07-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Cruisin'

Super nice car, I have the exact same colour, but with the Premium package. I love the way the colour looks in different lighting.

I want to put up pics but i'm thinking they might look eerily similar to yours. Congrats!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Racer

cruzer24...don't worry about being the same color, sometime its all about the angle of the photos that can make a car look very different. So go ahead and post some
Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
gauges are so pretty.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
scream, since it's been a while, are you happy with your blue?

i ordered a white on black but blue on black is damn tempting.

any regrets on the blue?

what other colors were you considering? if any
Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
scream, since it's been a while, are you happy with your blue?

i ordered a white on black but blue on black is damn tempting.

any regrets on the blue?

what other colors were you considering? if any
I LOVE the blue from first sight, and still do. It's not just a pure blue paint but has some shining on it in the sun. One drawback is you do need to wash your car more often, especially if it rains a lot in your area and you have to park outside, like me. The raindrops always leave noticable dirty dots on the car. My old tan Infiniti doesn't seem to have this problem.

My original choice of color before I went to the dealership was Polished Metal Metallic, but it didn't stand out so much when I looked at it in real. Plus I met the blue in the showroom. You know what happened next.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Pro

I LOVE the blue from first sight, and still do. It's not just a pure blue paint but has some shining on it in the sun. One drawback is you do need to wash your car more often, especially if it rains a lot in your area and you have to park outside, like me. The raindrops always leave noticable dirty dots on the car. My old tan Infiniti doesn't seem to have this problem.

My original choice of color before I went to the dealership was Polished Metal Metallic, but it didn't stand out so much when I looked at it in real. Plus I met the blue in the showroom. You know what happened next.
haha the first tsx i saw in the showroom was a fully loaded vortex blue pearl

man, it's so hard choosing a color!

i figure white on black will look OK... but white on black with 20% tints will look banging, especially with the shiny grill

but blue on black w/ 20% tints = ballin!!!!!!!!!!! ahha

maybe i should flip a coin.

sry to hijack... back on topic.. great lookin car/pics!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
haha the first tsx i saw in the showroom was a fully loaded vortex blue pearl

man, it's so hard choosing a color!

i figure white on black will look OK... but white on black with 20% tints will look banging, especially with the shiny grill

but blue on black w/ 20% tints = ballin!!!!!!!!!!! ahha

maybe i should flip a coin.

sry to hijack... back on topic.. great lookin car/pics!
Haha you won't get wrong with either color. My fiancee doesn't like white or black cars so I didn't even consider it. But after seeing 09TSX's great pics I feel like white on black is a fantastic combo too.

I am thinking about getting a tint too. Legal limit here is 35% all around and I am still a bit worried about the tint would interfere with the rear window defroster. Do you know anything about that?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Pro

not a single thing, LOL

<---- car n00b
Old 07-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Racer

cool. another KC area member.

How did Jay Wolfe treat you?

edit:
why is there a light and a MID display to let you know that your doors are open?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Racer

don't know if you gave these guys a call or not? http://autoglassandtintshop.com/

you might even talk them into a discount if you get your windows tinted there too.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gftgrill
cool. another KC area member.

How did Jay Wolfe treat you?

edit:

why is there a light and a MID display to let you know that your doors are open?
wow I didn't notice that. I only noticed the larger icon on the MID.

Jay Wolfe treated me pretty well, imo better than Superior Acura. JW replied my every email within hours and answered my questions in detail, while Superior only sent me
uniform emails that they sent to everybody and it seems like they don't like to talk about price over emails. In terms of price, both of them are pretty firm on 09 TSX, so not much difference.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gftgrill
don't know if you gave these guys a call or not? http://autoglassandtintshop.com/

you might even talk them into a discount if you get your windows tinted there too.
Thanks! Jay Wolfe recommended them to me as well. I will give'em a call next week to see what kind of discount I can get.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Racer

Thanks! Jay Wolfe recommended them to me as well. I will give'em a call next week to see what kind of discount I can get.
they're good guys, reasonable on window tint prices. I've never priced out a clear bra from them. but they've tinted 3 of my cars and my house.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Burning Brakes