K-001: Sunroof Controls issues/ AC issues

Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
K-001: Sunroof Controls issues/ AC issues

I was wondering if any of you guys ever had sunroof issues, im having a problem with the auto close. I have to manually push switch north to close also if i hold it down to long the sunroof tilts, so i have to manually close it by eye. Any help or suggestions would be great, also since im still typing im having AC issues when my AC is on for more than 20 mins or so the AC seems to be weak and just blows cool air. (the fan is still on) Im thinking about charging it, what do you guys think? I do use my AC ALL the time. So maybe it can be a charge issues but some people say it can be a leak, i had it on and was watching for a leak but didnt see any....
Old 06-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
search for the sunroof reset directions on this forum. Very easy fix.

What year is your RL?

For AC, and have you changed your in cabin filter recently as suggested in other threads? It can apparently make a huge difference.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:53 PM
2005 RL

I think you open it fully and hold the switch in the "open" position for 5 seconds, then close it again holding the switch in the "close" position for 5 seconds. That should fix it.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Chas2
search for the sunroof reset directions on this forum. Very easy fix.

What year is your RL?

For AC, and have you changed your in cabin filter recently as suggested in other threads? It can apparently make a huge difference.
The other thought is that 05 RL's have been more problematic with the AC's and there is a TSB on this. See the 2G RL Garage where a large number of articles are housed on various issue, problems, fixes, tips and tricks.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the feed back. I have tried the Sunrrof reset with Hold Tilt button put on ignition then close tilt and turn off ignition 4 times and then hold it for 5 secs that trick didnt work for as it did for others, but i will try the open and close method you described above. Also i changed the cabin filter and still having the same issue.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Advanced

Its an 2005 RL. Im hoping it is an easy fix.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Safety Car

Here are some old notes I found on the subject. Never had to try it myself, so I don't know if it works, but others swear it does, even one guy in Australia

2006 RL Sunroof Reset
According to the Sevice Manual, In order to reset the Moonroof Control Unit do these steps:
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Press and hold the tilt switch and turn the ignition switch ON (II).
3. Release the tilt switch and turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 four times.
5. Press and hold the moonroof open switch until 3 seconds after the moonroof is fully opened.
6. Press and hold the moonroof close switch until 3 seconds after the moonroof is fully closed (tilted).
7. Confirm that the moonroof is reset by using the moonroof AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function.
2006 RL Window Reset

To reset the EACH problem window, do these steps from the individual window control, NOT the driver's master control panel:

Press and hold the button to roll each problem window all the way down, then hold for 5 seconds after the window is down. Let go of the button. Press and hold the button to put the window the whole way up then hold for 5 seconds after the window is up. your windows should now be reset and can be controlled from the drivers window controls.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:40 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
stupid RL!

I had the same problem dude and it fixed itself like a month and a half later hhaa
Old 07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chas2's instructions are spot-on. I had the same problem with the roof and it was starting to rain and I couldn't get the roof closed right. Fortunately, I was able to search AcuraZine with my Motorola Droid and find the instructions in another thread!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Advanced

Im hoping it works in a month or so, but for now my AC is acting up and its like 100 degrees in NY!! I think my compressor is no good.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Real Legend
Im hoping it works in a month or so, but for now my AC is acting up and its like 100 degrees in NY!! I think my compressor is no good.
very tired of my RL, replaced the compressor 2 times and still no A/C,
Old 07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Advanced

My compressor is not coming on even when i ran i straight connection. Im sure its the compressor but the damm compressors are so expensive...$821.00!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Advanced

AC issue has been fix! For those who was looking for answer to resolve this on the web here it is! After 2 compressors, changing of Driers, going threw and wasting about 6 cans of freons,paying people to release air, purge freon, tapping up oil and all the other non sense. What the major issue was on the AC compressor has a control valve. It seems that once this issue happens and your off warranty the simple fix is concentrating on your control valve. What the control valve major function is the "AUTO" button on your AC. Note that the "AUTO" button on your ac controls is use to match the comfort level on your AC. But since you choose not to spend $900.00 to get a new AC control. What your going to do is "jump" your control valve. This will fix your problem!! The "AUTO" button will no longer match outside temp but just go straight to high, which all you have to do is manually turn the speed down!!! But for $900.00 you can have the AC match outside temp. BTW after replacing my AC Comp the first one no good but the second one was. The issue was that the compressor would spin but when time to place Freon it wouldnt take the pressure. If this is your problem concentrate on your CONTROL VALVE!! I took my time to write this because i spend over $1000.00 to fix this and it took over a week and i did all of my own labor. So dont be like me and take my advise look at your control valve!! Hope this will help someone out there!