XM ID changing on its own and Nav Traffic not working?????

Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
XM ID changing on its own and Nav Traffic not working?????

So here is my issue.... Several months back my XM radio stopped working. Everytime I went to a station it would say updating. Eventually it just stopped working like I didn't have service anymore. I didn't bother re-activating it until about 3 weeks ago. At first they couldn't re-activate it cause my xm I'd wasn't matching up with what they had in the computer. So they re-entered my xm I'd and now it was coming up in their system as just a Honda when before with my "Old xm I'd" it was showing up as an Acura RL. So the first problem is how did my xm I'd randomly change on its own? Second, now after my xm radio started working I get the sirius chanels and stuff and they didn't add the XM nav tracffic back. So I called them and had them add it. I get the (traffic) at the bottom on the screen when I am adjusting the distance but even when I am trying to view the traffic it never shows any. I even look in NY, and there's always traffic in NY, and it still shows nothing. So can anyone give me some advice as to what could be wrong. Oh by the way I haven't changed my XM module or anything.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
traffic flow will only show within a certain radius of where the car is. Its a fairly big radius, but not sure if it would extend all the way from Hartford to NY. so that might be part of the problem.
Did you have traffic showing before?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Randy is the Future

Yup. I could scroll over to Cali and find out what traffic was like.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
you could see traffic in Calif when you are in Hartford?
My understanding is that this would not work.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Randy is the Future

well i was over exaggerating a bit. I doesnt literally show traffic flow and stuff but it shows contraction icons and stuff like that
Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Hey, a fellow Hartford RL owner! Mine isn't nearly as nice as yours though

Anyway, here's the deal in Hartford. You don't get the traffic flow in Hartford, you only get traffic incidents. When you start your car, it will take 3 or 5 minutes to receive the traffic info. After that time, just hit the voice button and say "Display Traffic Incidents" and see if you get anything. Sometimes there are accidents, sometimes there are not, so try a couple of times before you give up.

Also, the Navigation map WILL display accidents, just say "Display Traffic" and if there are any accidents, you'll get them on the map provided you are in the right map scale. Again, you won't get traffic 'flow', but you'll get everything else in Hartford.

As far as the Acura vs. Honda thing, don't worry about it, as long as its working its not a big deal.

When the weather gets better in the Spring we should meet up. You aren't cruising around in the winter salt with those nice wheels are you?

Chris
Old 01-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Randy is the Future

Originally Posted by CFoote
Hey, a fellow Hartford RL owner! Mine isn't nearly as nice as yours though

Anyway, here's the deal in Hartford. You don't get the traffic flow in Hartford, you only get traffic incidents. When you start your car, it will take 3 or 5 minutes to receive the traffic info. After that time, just hit the voice button and say "Display Traffic Incidents" and see if you get anything. Sometimes there are accidents, sometimes there are not, so try a couple of times before you give up.

Also, the Navigation map WILL display accidents, just say "Display Traffic" and if there are any accidents, you'll get them on the map provided you are in the right map scale. Again, you won't get traffic 'flow', but you'll get everything else in Hartford.

As far as the Acura vs. Honda thing, don't worry about it, as long as its working its not a big deal.

When the weather gets better in the Spring we should meet up. You aren't cruising around in the winter salt with those nice wheels are you?

Chris

Lol i took the rims off after the first snow storm. i miss them though. Now it looks just like a regular RL on the road. Cant wait til March or April. Sure we can meet up cruise around pick up chicks............. well maybe not that part. My GF would kill me.