3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing turn signal and front side light???

Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Replacing turn signal and front side light???

I posted here since there is more traffic...mods please move if necessary.

My 05 TL seems to have some strange lighting issues going on. My passenger side turn signal works, but when I turn the turn signal off, that same light doesn't work at all. I have also noticed that the side light on the driver's side front is out.

I've searched all over the forum on how to replace these bulbs, but it looks the thread has moved.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
You should know by know this belongs in Car Talk.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:50 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
:ibmovetotlforum:
Old 07-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Sounds like you are out of blinker fluid.
The following users liked this post:
DMZ (02-11-2016)
Old 07-23-2010, 07:53 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
that may stall the flux capacitor
Old 07-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Originally Posted by dallison
that may stall the flux capacitor
Which would lead to you posting it 20 minutes ago in the Car Talk section.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
THREAD MOVED TO 3RD GEN TL FORUM

Seriously WdnUlik2no?

1) Do you honestly think there is no traffic in the 3rd gen TL forum?
2) Do you honestly think you'll get a real answer in Ramblings.

Come on man.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:31 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
The turn signal bulbs are dual filament, therefore allowing the signal part to work but not the constant light part, and vice versa. Replace your turn signal bulb, bulb # 7443. And by front side light do you mean sidemarker light under the mirror? If so then you have to replace the whole assembly for those
The following users liked this post:
lowride47 (11-11-2012)
Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Safety Car

sorry guys, I was a little frustrated this morning and wanted a quick answer. But dumb move on my part to put it in Ramblings

Well anyway. l I got the turn signal replaced, not too hard to do and it fixed the issue. I just hated how Acura makes it so hard to get to the bulbs just to to replace them and I hate how I can't even see what I'm doing.

Originally Posted by AMUA6
The turn signal bulbs are dual filament, therefore allowing the signal part to work but not the constant light part, and vice versa. Replace your turn signal bulb, bulb # 7443. And by front side light do you mean sidemarker light under the mirror? If so then you have to replace the whole assembly for those
Yes its the side marker under the mirror. I hope this is not too hard to do, I don't want to f*** anything up. I see some threads on this, and I'll look at it after work when I'm a little more calm. Thanks guys!

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 07-23-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
To replace those you'll need to loosen the inner fender with the screws that hold your mudflap on. Then pull it loose and reach your arm up in there and you'll feel the sidemarker. It has two small clips that you press and it just pop outs. Make sure you disconnect the wire after you have the sidemarker out so you're not fishing for wire haha
Old 07-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys,

NSXNEXT is absolutely right. This is a legit question for the 3G TL Community. That's why he moved it here!

This is the funniest thing I've seen on this site in quite some time! Well done Cochese....

Originally Posted by AMUA6
To replace those you'll need to loosen the inner fender with the screws that hold your mudflap on. Then pull it loose and reach your arm up in there and you'll feel the sidemarker. It has two small clips that you press and it just pop outs. Make sure you disconnect the wire after you have the sidemarker out so you're not fishing for wire haha
This is almost correct-changing the turn signal bulb is VERY easy. You do need to loosen two screws that hold the inner liner in place, but reach up towards the front where the headlight assembly is. There is no need to worry about the mudflaps. Pull the inner liner back and on the turn signal bub will be on the farthest side of your fenders. Turn the assembly counter clockwise and it will pull out. Just replace the bulb and put things back together.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Safety Car

ok I finally got around to messing with the side marker on the driver's side just to see if I could get it out. It was a pain to get out, but I got it. I have no idea what Advance Auto Parts sold me last week because I have to change out the entire assembly. They sold me some $5 bulbs which obviously won't work here. I wish I had waited for replies before I went there, then I wouldn't have wasted my money. They did sell me the right bulbs for the blinker though.

So anyway, I called my local Acura today and they want $85 for the side marker itself; I dunno, seems kind of high; then again I've never priced these things before. Does this seem right or can I get it cheaper elsewhere (other than Ebay)?

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
This is the funniest thing I've seen on this site in quite some time! Well done Cochese....
I agree, that was pretty funny.

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 07-27-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:34 PM
100k miles club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the sidemarkers are one piece. you just can't replace the bulbs (at least for 2004-not sure about other years). i had to saw it in half to get to the bulb and glue it back together. if you don't want to hassle with that, you may have to pay for the whole thing. i only did this to change the color of the bulb from yellow to clear. now my bulbs are out and haven't decided on whether to go through the whole hassle or just get stock ones.

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
ok I finally got around to messing with the side marker on the driver's side just to see if I could get it out. It was a pain to get out, but I got it. I have no idea what Advance Auto Parts sold me last week because I have to change out the entire assembly. They sold me some $5 bulbs which obviously won't work here. I wish I had waited for replies before I went there, then I wouldn't have wasted my money. They did sell me the right bulbs for the blinker though.

So anyway, I called my local Acura today and they want $85 for the side marker itself; I dunno, seems kind of high; then again I've never priced these things before. Does this seem right or can I get it cheaper elsewhere (other than Ebay)?

I agree, that was pretty funny.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=6
Old 02-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Intermediate

front side bulb needs replacing

I need to change the front passenger side signal bulbs. Is there an easy way to change the bulb without bringing my car to a mechanic and paying a fortune for a small thing like that? I don't really want to take the whole headlight apart just to replace the signal bulb, the signal filament part works, its the constant light doesn't. Does anyone have any instruction or diagram so I can follow. Oh by the way I have a TL 04 Blackhawk.Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sontipheap
I need to change the front passenger side signal bulbs. Is there an easy way to change the bulb without bringing my car to a mechanic and paying a fortune for a small thing like that? I don't really want to take the whole headlight apart just to replace the signal bulb, the signal filament part works, its the constant light doesn't. Does anyone have any instruction or diagram so I can follow. Oh by the way I have a TL 04 Blackhawk.Thanks
Its in your owners manual, i forget what page. But basically, turn the wheel all the way right, take out the 2 lower pop-screws that hold your fender liner in place. Reach up and remove the bulb/socket from the headlight assembly turning counter clockwise. Replace bulb, and put everything back together.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

i know im way behind this thread but i read many old threads that are still very helpful so ive decided to thrown my 2 cents in on this topic. i tried to replace the front side markers by turning the wheel and removing the liner etc... i was able to get to the marker but couldnt quite get a good angle on it. i got frustrated and grabbed a flathead screwdriver. i threw some electic tape over then end and was able to pop the sidemarker out from the outside no problem. it can be a bit risky as you can scratch the paint or put marks in the metal. once i replaced the one side i then ran to the other side and had that one switched out in 2 minutes. i got the replacement assemblys on amazon from autohalo item# SM-ACTL04-DPO-P2-A. it only cost $60 total for both and look and work great.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:55 PM
4th Gear

Talking Easy Peezy

Originally Posted by 6 MT
Its in your owners manual, i forget what page. But basically, turn the wheel all the way right, take out the 2 lower pop-screws that hold your fender liner in place. Reach up and remove the bulb/socket from the headlight assembly turning counter clockwise. Replace bulb, and put everything back together.

I just did this on my '05 TSX. Bulb replacement took less than 10 minutes including putting tools (screw drivers) away and clean up. I removed 1 of the pop-screw fasteners mentioned and the phillips head screw on the bottom of the fender and pulled the fender back a bit. This makes enough room to reach in with one hand to about mid forearm and remove assembly as mentioned. You can look in and see the socket while pulling back the liner slightly. You can't reach in and look at the same time but it is relatively easy to replace the assembly by feel. The bulb is a 168 on 2005 TSX. Thanks for the info!