How to reset radio code

Old 06-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Dave in tahoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to reset radio code

Hi all, another question: when I pulled the battery cables (should have known this would happen) the radio went dead. I don't have the code for it --- is this a dealer fix or can you suggest how I might do it. Thanks, Dave

P.S. My wife is sort of smiling that I was able to start it by unhooking and rehooking the two wires from the brown box under the dash next to the steering column. Still trying to figure if this box is going bad -- any suggestions?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 AM
7th Gear

What year is your RL? I know that they started putting a sticker in the glove boxes that has the code on it. If you open the glove box and look on the left side, there should be a sticker with the code and serial number on it. My 2002 has the sticker and I was ecstatic because when i purchased the vehicle used, it did not have the radio code "card" that Honda's/Acura's come with.

If that sticker is missing, the next best thing is to have the radio pulled and the dealer can get the code from "IN". Or you can use www.Radio-Code.com if you have the serial number.

Anyone else have ideas?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:03 AM
noob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just in the same dilema recently and looked absolutely EVERYWHERE (ie: Fuse box, glove box, spare tire area,CD changer, ash-tray,door jams, ect...), for the sticker with the codes on it with no luck as I was trying to avoid haveing to pull out my radio to aquire the SN to give to the dealership to get the codes. Heres the simple solution! If you have the non navigation model, simply pop out the dummy button between your fog light and rear defrost buttons with a small flat head. Next with the help of a flashlight you should be able to see the serial number on the bottom of the deck through the hole. took me less than a minute for the whole process! easy in and out. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
mom2jb (03-09-2015)
Old 02-04-2009, 01:36 PM
5th Gear

Wow! That REALLY worked! Had S/N in less than a minute!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by macks96rl
Heres the simple solution! If you have the non navigation model, simply pop out the dummy button between your fog light and rear defrost buttons with a small flat head. Next with the help of a flashlight you should be able to see the serial number on the bottom of the deck through the hole. took me less than a minute for the whole process! easy in and out. Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
5th Gear

As a side note: Contacted Acura with the S/N, they said it was invalid. The S/N was "BXXXXXXXXA" ("X"'s were numbers)
I had them enter the S/N without the "A" and it worked fine!

Originally Posted by oldcrowe
Thanks!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Cruisin'

Whew... glove box comment here saved me, but not for the reason suggested. I picked up an 05 RL less than 24 hours ago. When I got home last night my 5yo son came out and wanted to push every button and check everything he could find. I didn't notice he left the overhead light on, so this morning I went to go to work and the battery was dead (and the car was blocking in my wife's - fun!!)

Anyway, I actually asked the (Ford) dealership yesterday before taking the car if they had the reset code just in case, the salesman said he'd look and I forgot to get the answer. I was kicking myself this morning. I went out to check the glovebox after googling and finding this thread and it was empty. Then I noticed a little label that said OPEN and it did indeed open a "secret compartment" that contained the original Acura leather folder, the window sticker, the radio reset card and a bunch of other documents. WHEW!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Cruisin'

The sticker worked for me... Thanks so much! This website looks awesome and cant wait for more posts!!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Cruisin'

Acura rl 05-08 radio code

where can i find the code for my radio. is there a way to even get the serial without taking out the radio
Old 06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
7th Gear

Does anyone know the radio code to an 05 RL I need help!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by twanny
where can i find the code for my radio. is there a way to even get the serial without taking out the radio
Originally Posted by Lewis978
Does anyone know the radio code to an 05 RL I need help!
Check under your engine compartment fuse box lid. Posting in the right subforum and using the search function will help as there is alot of information on this site.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:35 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by twanny
Acura TL Radio Code Retrieval (Not sure if works with other Acuras)

1. Turn the key to On
2. Turn off the radio
3. Push down buttons 1 & 6
4. Turn on the radio without releasing the buttons
Old 03-27-2012, 01:01 PM
6th Gear

Ok I have learned about 6 things that i really needed to knw in a half hour on here.. well 7 now.... me like that info from this site...Thanks as i read more n more
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

Ok, I found the serial number and the code for both the navi and the radio. I put in the code for the navi, no problem. But the radio has no preset buttons. They are on the navi display but don't show until the code is put in. Catch 22 right? No. Here is how to do it: with key in acc. push volume knob to start. Then, turn the tuning knob so that you see a number on the screen above. When you get to the first number on your code push the tuning knob. The display will show "C". Then turn the knob until you see the second number. push the knob. The screen will show "O". Keep going until it spells out "code" then put in the last number and it will beep. You're done!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by oldcrowe
Thanks!

wow it worked for me
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 PM
2nd Gear

My problem is that when I put the code in, it just beeps 3 times. If you try two or three more times it locks you out. I mean, I could've gotten the wrong code from the dealer but I doubt it. Any input would be great.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 PM
3rd Gear

Luckily my 2002 CS type S owner's manual still has the card for the radio and navi. I entered the radio code and voila the radio works again and the error code for the CD changer is gone and works again. Thank you Acurazine membership!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

Entering radio unlock CODE

Originally Posted by rikoshaprl
Ok, I found the serial number and the code for both the navi and the radio. I put in the code for the navi, no problem. But the radio has no preset buttons. They are on the navi display but don't show until the code is put in. Catch 22 right? No. Here is how to do it: with key in acc. push volume knob to start. Then, turn the tuning knob so that you see a number on the screen above. When you get to the first number on your code push the tuning knob. The display will show "C". Then turn the knob until you see the second number. push the knob. The screen will show "O". Keep going until it spells out "code" then put in the last number and it will beep. You're done!
My problem is that when I turn the tuning knob, it only gives me the option of inputting the numerals 1-6, but my code has a '0' and and '8' in it: any ideas?
Old 03-09-2015, 09:11 PM
1st Gear

Smile Radio Unlock Code for Acura

Just wanted to add that I was able to find my code for my radio by removing the ash tray and looking underneath it. The sticker was on the back of the ashtray when I removed it. Im guessing the other number is a serial number although it started with a B and had 8 numbers after it. It didn't say serial number or radio code, just listed the numbers. Radio code was 5 numbers listed first. (13455) My car is a 2002 Acura RL

Maybe this will help someone. I wasn't able to get the serial number by pressing the 1 and 6 at the same time and turning it on. Nothing I tried worked. Got lucky finding it under the ash tray after reading it in one of the places to look for your code. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear

2004 acura rl radio/nav code retrieving.

OK...
I called the dealer and they said, 1st is to turn on the car running, 2nd turn off the radio, the with your right hand use 2 fingers and push in two buttons number 1 and 6 at the same time, then the left hand turn on the radio, it will displays the 2 series of numbers, U3000, and J4236 , note this is my car radio serial numbers, yours can be different set of numbers, ok?, but with that numbers you can call the dealer and give it to them, they will give you your code.
On my car 04 Acura Rl I have NAVI too, so i was lucky that both the codes for my radio and my NAV was stored in and on the upper side of the fuse box in the engine compartment. open the hood and open the fuse box you will see both stickers, the 5 digit is the radio code, the 4 digit is the NAV code. voila.
The NAV code could be on the side of your glove compartment too...
Thnxs
Old 08-03-2015, 11:23 AM
6th Gear

How to get radio code Acura TL 2004

Hi,
I changed new battery for my car Acura TL 2004, so my radio does not work! I got radio series # (U1210 L1235). How can I get radio code? Please help me!!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Cruisin'

code

Go here, you can call or try to get it online Acura Owners Site | Exclusive Knowledge, Service, & Benefits

Also the TL should have it on the side of the glove box. Open your glovebox look to your left or right side should see a white sticker with the codes.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:51 PM
2nd Gear

Wink To VANNGAN

OK...
I called the dealer and they said, 1st is to turn on the car running, 2nd turn off the radio, the with your right hand use 2 fingers and push in two buttons number 1 and 6 at the same time, then the left hand turn on the radio, it will displays the 2 series of numbers, U3000, and J4236 , note this is my car radio serial numbers, yours can be different set of numbers, ok?, but with that numbers you can call the dealer and give it to them, they will give you your code.
On my car 04 Acura Rl I have NAVI too, so i was lucky that both the codes for my radio and my NAV was stored in and on the upper side of the fuse box in the engine compartment. open the hood and open the fuse box you will see both stickers, the 5 digit is the radio code, the 4 digit is the NAV code. voila.
The NAV code could be on the side of your glove compartment too...
Thnxs
The following users liked this post:
vanngan (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 04:39 PM
6th Gear

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for your advise. I just got radio code from acura dealer; what will I do next step now? Do I wait for radio window to appear "code" is I will input "code" right?
Old 08-04-2015, 05:06 PM
6th Gear

Hi All,
Thanks for your advises. I got radio code from the acura dealer. Now I have more question: what steps will I do with radio code? Thanks
Old 08-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
When you start car it should say like code on the radio, then you simply type in the code, that is it.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:05 PM
6th Gear

Thanks a lot for your helps.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:24 AM
2nd Gear

Radio Nav quotes

Originally Posted by daveintahoe
Hi all, another question: when I pulled the battery cables (should have known this would happen) the radio went dead. I don't have the code for it --- is this a dealer fix or can you suggest how I might do it. Thanks, Dave

P.S. My wife is sort of smiling that I was able to start it by unhooking and rehooking the two wires from the brown box under the dash next to the steering column. Still trying to figure if this box is going bad -- any suggestions?

I found my codes by opening the glove box and looking on the side of the box. Hope this helps if you are still having issues.