euro-r kit install-part I (front lip)

Old 10-22-2007, 09:29 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
euro-r kit install-part I (front lip)

so yesterday i spent a few hours installing only the front lip. it took a lot longer than expected, and after a while it just got too dark too fast to do the rear and sides.

aside from the icebox, this is my only other really major install. the duration of the whole process is probably a testament to that, but i'm hoping it'll go faster for the rest when i get around to it.

i followed sean's directions, which were very helpful. everything worked like a charm. these are some things i'd just note if you guys plan to install this kit--

1. when you're tapping the screws on the side of your bumper for the spring nuts and lip, make sure you tap the LOWER 2 HOLES!! there are actually three dimples for tapping points. the highest and lowest are for the US OEM kit (which is much higher than the euro-r). we made the mistake of not double checking the tapping points (our own bone-headed mistake), and tapped them for the US OEM. afterwards, i looked at the euro-r lip and was like 'oh sh*t.' no harm done though. i just have 2 small holes that you can barely see. plus the fender lining is in there so it's no big deal.

2. when tapping the aforementioned holes, the spring nuts don't exactly line up with the dimples. as such, tap the hole w/ the screw according to how the spring nut lines up. simple and totally 'duh,' but you'd be suprised. sometimes the help you have will not think that way.

3. after installing the lip, you may encounter some space between the actual fog lamps and the new housing. this could be attributable to one of the brackets underneath the kit being stuck/lodged on the bottom of the bumper, and is not sitting flush. don't panic (as i did initially). once you line everything up and bolt it down, the gap notably narrows. it's just a pain getting the lip on initially. alot of tugging, wiggling, prying, etc...

4. the double-sided tape. for the love of god, be careful when you pull on the tabs. the lip is really, really flush against the bumper. if you pull too hard, you're liable to actually rip the tab off without the rest of the strip covering the tape. this happened to us on one of the sides. i had to actually unscrew the self-tappers, pull the lip off slightly and expose the tape, then use some needle-nose pliers to pull it off. and try to remember which direction you should be pulling as well.

the only annoying issue i really encountered was when i put everything back, i had one 10mm bolt that wouldn't freaking go back in. it's the one that goes through 3 layers of vinyl on the bottom (last layer has a spring nut on it). for some reason it goes in, but never tightens. it was annoying the hell out of me. i finally gave up and will try to tighten it on another day. for now, it should be secure enough that it won't fall out. besides, i have extras since there is some other hardware left over.

these are crappy quality before/end pics. gonna try to finish the rest this coming weekend. i also installed my mugen grille as well. in my rush to get this done, i totally forgot to swap out my fog bulbs for the hoen xenonmatches i recently purchased. doh!

before:

after (dark):
Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you post more picture? it's kinda hard to see the kit
Old 10-22-2007, 10:04 AM
where is my garage?!

Originally Posted by tom12282
can you post more picture? it's kinda hard to see the kit
i know. it was so dark by the time we finished and the flash wasn't very strong.

when i have better pics, i'll post them. but you can kinda tell it's a little lower in the front, and you see the mugen grille. it really looks a lot nicer than that gaudy A emblem and faux chrome.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,645 Likes on 2,486 Posts
i bet it looks good but pictures are absolutely useless no offense.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 AM
where is my garage?!

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
i bet it looks good but pictures are absolutely useless no offense.
haha. i know. sorry! i thought you might see something. guess you don't see anything.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Racer

yup get some better pics asap!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Racer

Subscribing...
Old 10-28-2007, 07:40 PM
where is my garage?!

verbal update

ok, so i spent a few hours installing the rear lip. no help this time, but it was managable. probably would've taken less time with an extra set of hands.

it was more or less pretty straightforward. it's a little tricky getting the bumper off the hooks, but once you do it, the lip goes on really easy.

my only screw up was that when i put the eurofied bumper back on, i noticed some stuff underneath was misaligned. first, there's the plastic cover plate that wasn't flush w/ the bumper. i tried jamming it back in only to realize one of the brackets was out, rather than in. so i had to go back and pull off the left side of the back bumper, align the bracket and cover, then re-clip and screw everything back. the one thing about the cover is you can take the whole thing off (10mm bolts) and slide it back into the bumper so all the holes align.

anyways, it got too dark too fast once again. no shots and i didn't have time to put on the sideskirts. i swear to god, after next weekend, i will have this done, put on my m3-style spoiler, changed my fog bulbs and put this thing to rest before the winter.

and yes. this thread is worthless without pics.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^what did you ever do with the scratches on the rear bumper?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Here you can see it a lil better.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
where is my garage?!

nice w/ the photoshop!

cgtsx07: well, the scratches i couldn't fix i just covered w/ the euro-r rear lip.

the one on the edge, i actually used my paint pen to create a layer of paint and clearcoat to at least blend it. you can still kind of see the edge where the cc was taken off and the spot is, but the rear lip actually hides about 3/4 of it. i'll get a close up pic to post.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Racer

Should look sweet when it's all done! I'm excited to see the final result. BTW, where did you get all the parts from?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM
where is my garage?!

mostly online b/c i was lazy. another had posted a guide of what you need, so i just bought the hardware from different places. you could probably go to a bunch of auto stores (pep boys, napa, autozone) and home depot and get the same stuff.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Racer

hey xjohnkdoex, I hope I'm not too late in requesting but... can you take a picture of the side of your TSX before you install the rest of the bodykit? I want to see how it looks like with just the front lip! Much appreciated if you can still do that

so far... the front looks completely stock still due to the fact that it's NBP and the pictures are dark xD
Old 10-29-2007, 01:29 PM
where is my garage?!

Originally Posted by Zyuan10
hey xjohnkdoex, I hope I'm not too late in requesting but... can you take a picture of the side of your TSX before you install the rest of the bodykit? I want to see how it looks like with just the front lip! Much appreciated if you can still do that

so far... the front looks completely stock still due to the fact that it's NBP and the pictures are dark xD

hmm...i think i had a side shot, but i'll have to check. agreed, from the front, it looks really similar to stock, but from the side, it does drop about 1/2 an inch and makes the front a little more heady. i'm afraid i might only be able to provide an after pic.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
hmm...i think i had a side shot, but i'll have to check. agreed, from the front, it looks really similar to stock, but from the side, it does drop about 1/2 an inch and makes the front a little more heady. i'm afraid i might only be able to provide an after pic.
Damn... a side shot pre-side skirts would have been nice for comparisons.

Whatever you can do would be great... we're living vicariously through you!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
mostly online b/c i was lazy. another had posted a guide of what you need, so i just bought the hardware from different places. you could probably go to a bunch of auto stores (pep boys, napa, autozone) and home depot and get the same stuff.
Sorry, I meant where did you get the body kit parts?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
where is my garage?!

oh, through A&J racing. it was a group buy on the 'other' forum.

it was originaly $1100 USD. good deal, but after currency conversion (CAD was almost equal w/ the USD), shipping, tariff fees, etc...the savings isn't so much. better than the $1300 USD it normally is.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:15 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Do they sell just the front lip anywhere? I'm just interested in that.
And just a tip for the fog bulbs, they're a piece of cake to install by taking off the grille and doin it thru there