Zurich Sheild installed anyone?

Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Zurich Sheild installed anyone?

Hi people!!

I recently reviewed my document so that I can maybe refinanced the annual interest rate.

However, I come across $750 fee for installing Zurich Shield.
At the time, the dealer(center acura in Sherman Oaks, CA) said they cannot take off that as it was installed already so i just let it go.

But come to think of it, what does Zurich shield do? As i see my car (Acura TSX 13), it has swirling marks, scratches, and other ugly marks under the sun (it's white)

It's only been 11month and I am sure that this thing is not protecting my car's paint...

anyone with same problem??
The following users liked this post:
Notafan (03-28-2020)
Old 03-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
What does it do? It magically deposits about $750 in the dealer's pocket. Anyone with the same problem? My guess would be that anyone with Zürich shield probably has the same problem (whatever the problem is).
The following 2 users liked this post by Simba91102:
Notafan (03-28-2020), thunderbt3 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
I wasn't offered a magic shield with my car
Old 03-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
Googled it, sounds like Armor-all...

http://www.zurichna.com/automotive/p...hshieldeap.htm

Note: "High percieved value by the consumer..."
Old 03-11-2014, 04:07 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by dwk331
Hi people!!

I recently reviewed my document so that I can maybe refinanced the annual interest rate.

However, I come across $750 fee for installing Zurich Shield.
At the time, the dealer(center acura in Sherman Oaks, CA) said they cannot take off that as it was installed already so i just let it go.

But come to think of it, what does Zurich shield do? As i see my car (Acura TSX 13), it has swirling marks, scratches, and other ugly marks under the sun (it's white)

It's only been 11month and I am sure that this thing is not protecting my car's paint...

anyone with same problem??
You flushed $750 down the toilet.

But, not all is lost. While the website fails to say how long the warranty is, it implies that it is 3 years. You should have gotten some paperwork with your purchase.

From their website:

Benefits

Product warranty: If Zurich Shield® fails to perform, Automotive Protective Systems will remedy the damaged portion of the treated surface of the vehicle. (In Washington, it is a product guarantee.)
Rental reimbursement: No need to bother friends or family if your vehicle is in need of treatment. You can receive reimbursement for rental car expenses while your vehicle is being treated for a covered repair.
Renewable: Keep your vehicle looking great for years. The limited warranty is renewable for life, in three year increments, with approval from APS and a reapplication of Zurich Shield's® from an authorized dealer.
Transferrable: Increase your vehicle's resale value by transferring the product warranty to the new owner.

For future reference. If a dealer says "it is already installed, we can't take it of" reply with "I'm not paying for it. Should I leave now?" All those glazes are worthless and generally cost the dealer no more than $25-50 to apply. It is no better than the stuff put on at a drive through carwash.

But hey, you've paid for it so you might as well file a claim and get it redone. Al least your car will look shiny and new for a week
atsx1313 (03-21-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 04:11 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Googled it, sounds like Armor-all...

http://www.zurichna.com/automotive/p...hshieldeap.htm

Note: "High percieved value by the consumer..."
You failed to quote the rest.

Benefits
  • High perceived value by the consumer leads to increased sales penetration.
  • Provides increased F&I income opportunities and helps achieve higher profit margin.
  • Environmental protection product helps expand your F&I product portfolio.
BING BING BING
thunderbt3 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
I negotiated a new CR-V for my wife via dealer's internet sales departments. I don't like wasting my time going dealer to dealer getting the same sales BS. Most of the dealers wrapped some sort of protection/accessory package with the car. I tell them take the floor mats, cargo tray, and wheel locks off and then give me the price with no dealer installed accessories.

One dealer was right to the point, understood I meant business, and gave me an awesome awesome deal. All I needed to do was drop by, sign some papers, and cut a check. I go sign the papers and noticed a $90 accessory fee. I ask them about it and they send the manager in to say they get the "premium" cars direct from Honda which get window etching done at the factory. I showed the manager the email exchange stating no dealer installed accessories. Manager pushes back saying it was done at the factory, not dealer installed. I called BS and said I could go to Walmart and get an etch kit for $10. Hell, I can get window etching supplies at Hobby Lobby and draw unicorns and lilly pads on the windows. They pushed back saying that its already on the car and can't take it off. I have to pay it or it would be considered stealing. I told the salesman, "Look, I know you guys buy etch kits in bulk for probably less than $1 each and pay some car porter minimum wage to to etch windows. Make the "accessory fee" disappear or you lose the sale." The manager hemmed and hawed, admitted defeat, and drafted up a new sales agreement without the charge.
The following 2 users liked this post by thunderbt3:
atsx1313 (03-21-2014), ceb (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 08:56 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
I negotiated a new CR-V for my wife via dealer's internet sales departments. I don't like wasting my time going dealer to dealer getting the same sales BS. Most of the dealers wrapped some sort of protection/accessory package with the car. I tell them take the floor mats, cargo tray, and wheel locks off and then give me the price with no dealer installed accessories.

One dealer was right to the point, understood I meant business, and gave me an awesome awesome deal. All I needed to do was drop by, sign some papers, and cut a check. I go sign the papers and noticed a $90 accessory fee. I ask them about it and they send the manager in to say they get the "premium" cars direct from Honda which get window etching done at the factory. I showed the manager the email exchange stating no dealer installed accessories. Manager pushes back saying it was done at the factory, not dealer installed. I called BS and said I could go to Walmart and get an etch kit for $10. Hell, I can get window etching supplies at Hobby Lobby and draw unicorns and lilly pads on the windows. They pushed back saying that its already on the car and can't take it off. I have to pay it or it would be considered stealing. I told the salesman, "Look, I know you guys buy etch kits in bulk for probably less than $1 each and pay some car porter minimum wage to to etch windows. Make the "accessory fee" disappear or you lose the sale." The manager hemmed and hawed, admitted defeat, and drafted up a new sales agreement without the charge.
They will ALWAYS give in because they know what they paid to have it installed and/or applied.

In general, I don't ask them to remove items like floormats because I'd probably want those, but I will refuse to pay for them at the inflated MSRP costs (or more because they often add "labor" to throw the rubber mats in the trunk).

I just say "I won't pay for "dealer installed options" and will refuse a car if it has a dealer logo stuck to it. Works everytime and they usually leave the options. One time I said "you can either remove those ugly add-on pinstripes or you can leave them on the car along with the floor and cargo mats" - they left the mats.
thunderbt3 (03-12-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Racer

the problem was that the dealer mentioned that it was a protection for my paint but my car is filled with swirl marks and scratches for some reason. I thought it was like a coating for the paint but i guess it's not...

I tried to take everything off... no dealer installed accessories whatsoever. but they said it's been applied to the paint so no go... so i agreed to the term and i also got good deal on tsx...
Old 03-21-2014, 05:22 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

the problem was that the dealer mentioned that it was a protection for my paint but my car is filled with swirl marks and scratches for some reason. I thought it was like a coating for the paint but i guess it's not...

I tried to take everything off... no dealer installed accessories whatsoever. but they said it's been applied to the paint so no go... so i agreed to the term and i also got good deal on tsx...
You have a warranty for the "paint protection" - use it.

Since the Zurich Shield is worthless, did you still get a good deal after you factor in the money you paid for it?

A dealer will always fold and not let you walk if you get up because of a dealer add-on. Was it the only TSX in the universe?

He bet, you blinked, he won.
thunderbt3 (03-21-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb
You have a warranty for the "paint protection" - use it.

Since the Zurich Shield is worthless, did you still get a good deal after you factor in the money you paid for it?

A dealer will always fold and not let you walk if you get up because of a dealer add-on. Was it the only TSX in the universe?

He bet, you blinked, he won.

Yea, I agree... I lost on apr... but it was 27k before tax and everything... I thought it was good deal at the time... I looked everywhere for white TSX only and it was 29k -30k for the base model... they had other TSX but with tech package so i said no. But they were nice enough to take everything off but this shield...

I just think that paint is so weak...
Old 03-21-2014, 08:31 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Yea, I agree... I lost on apr... but it was 27k before tax and everything... I thought it was good deal at the time... I looked everywhere for white TSX only and it was 29k -30k for the base model... they had other TSX but with tech package so i said no. But they were nice enough to take everything off but this shield...

I just think that paint is so weak...
Nothing wrong with the paint and the Shield is supposed to protect it. You have the warranty - use it and you get a nice shiny car back.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely worth it!

I have a triple white limited edition car...white leather inside and white outside...without this coating my car would've been destroyed in a week! I paid 699. And it's warrantied for a full seven years...This stuff is amazing!