Best interior LEDs in the market?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best interior LEDs in the market?

Hello y'all,

I been reading thur these forums but all post seem to be 3-4 years old lol. I'm looking to replace my cu2 interior lighting with leds. Looking for some pure white 5k bulbs... After researching and reading thur the forums it looks like the best out there is the kit from exledusa? Just looking for good qualify and pure white 5k(cheap eBay seem to have a blueish effect). If somebody else knows any other please lmk!

http://www.exledusa.com/exled-acura-tsx-cu2-0913-map-dome-vanity-door-trunk-license-plate-custom-interior-light-kit.html
Old 03-09-2017, 09:05 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
I got a set of 5000K exLEDs, secondhand, from a member here. I'm very happy with them. For me, they're just the right color of white light: more on the cool (blue) side of white but not overly harsh.

Buuut... I thought I read recently that people were having difficulty with exLED customer support or that it took a long time to ship, or something. I don't recall exactly right now. FWIW, I'd still buy from them, personally. But I'd be prepared to be patient waiting for them to arrive.

You can see some pictures in my build log if you click my sig. Look around post 85 or so.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Intermediate

Nice car! I was just quickly going thur your progress. I did find your post about the leds but it says u got 6k bulbs. I really think that would be the best for my buck! 5k should be pure white
Old 03-09-2017, 08:47 PM

Yeah. About that... I'm a huge dumbass. A few posts later in my thread, robpp (who I got the LEDs from) pointed out that they're 5000K.

Theres been a few confused people as a result of that (me mostly) so I just fixed it.

But yeah... They're 5000K for real.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Intermediate

Lol I got u... I see you installed them back in dec 2015, looks like they got a good lifespan. Also going back to your previous reply so you would say they got a minor blueish look? The 5k?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:53 PM

Well, most light that isn't actual daylight is going to tend towards a certain wavelength. When we're talking about "white" LEDs, you'll usually see "warm" or "cool" lights and one is a bit yellow/orange while the other is a bit blue.

It's mostly personal preference; I like the 5000k-ish range since it matches a little closer to the OEM HID output color. If you're coming from incandescent (which are almost universally "warm"), it may seem a bit jarring initially.

Also, it can be a bit harsh in two specific ways. First, the cool blue-ish will not be as forgiving when looking at a reflection lit by the light. For example, if you or someone you know uses the vanity mirror, any imperfections will be more noticeable than in warm light. That's one of the reasons portrait photographers use warm lights; they make things look "better" by smoothing imperfections.

Second is if you try to boot up intravenous drugs with the light. The bluer tint of the light will make it harder to see the veins and you're more likely to miss. But that's a pretty specific complaint that most people need not worry about... But you know, full disclosure.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Intermediate

Thanks bud. I appreciated the feedback, I deff want it to match my oem hids so I have decided for 5k.

I also like the feature they got to adjust the brightness from the map and dome light.

What back up led bulb do you recommend or suggest? Looking for something close to match my oem hid headlights as well
Old 03-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
i got blue ones
Old 03-15-2017, 01:18 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon
Well, most light that isn't actual daylight is going to tend towards a certain wavelength. When we're talking about "white" LEDs, you'll usually see "warm" or "cool" lights and one is a bit yellow/orange while the other is a bit blue.

It's mostly personal preference; I like the 5000k-ish range since it matches a little closer to the OEM HID output color. If you're coming from incandescent (which are almost universally "warm"), it may seem a bit jarring initially.

Also, it can be a bit harsh in two specific ways. First, the cool blue-ish will not be as forgiving when looking at a reflection lit by the light. For example, if you or someone you know uses the vanity mirror, any imperfections will be more noticeable than in warm light. That's one of the reasons portrait photographers use warm lights; they make things look "better" by smoothing imperfections.

Second is if you try to boot up intravenous drugs with the light. The bluer tint of the light will make it harder to see the veins and you're more likely to miss. But that's a pretty specific complaint that most people need not worry about... But you know, full disclosure.
Damn, so that's the reason I keep missing...

I'd recommend NOT swapping out the vanity lights - unless you want to get yelled at by your spouse.
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (03-16-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

Hahaha.

I found another kit kit for our cars from precisionled website. Anybody on here with a kit from them?

http://www.precisionled.com/acura-tsx-led-interior-kit.html
Old 03-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts
I bought individual LEDs from Philips. They make a nice product. Works well, even light distribution, not overly bright or blinding, looks good in the light deflector.

They are a little more expensive I suppose.

Philips Bulb Look-up | 2009 ACURA TSX