Bluetooth has a random static pop

Old 09-23-2016, 04:11 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 533 Likes on 272 Posts
Bluetooth has a random static pop

My 2012 TSX w/Tech Pkg has an issue where audio will randomly make a slight static pop on any phone I use from a Nexus to an iPhone. This happens with Apple Music and Google Music whether the music is downloaded to the phone or not. The issue doesn't exist when plugged into an AUX or Lightning Cable.

I am am driving a 2016 Jeep Patriot right now because I took my moms car in for service so I have been putting miles on the loaner. The thing I notice is the music has zero issues and is a pleasure to listen to. No random static pops but my TSX would have done it at least 2-3 times in a 10 minute drive.

Any ideas? I know I'm not the only one who has complained but this is really annoying me. I just paid the car off and it has 24K miles so I'll have it for a long time still.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
My 2012 TSX w/Tech Pkg has an issue where audio will randomly make a slight static pop on any phone I use from a Nexus to an iPhone. This happens with Apple Music and Google Music whether the music is downloaded to the phone or not. The issue doesn't exist when plugged into an AUX or Lightning Cable.

I am am driving a 2016 Jeep Patriot right now because I took my moms car in for service so I have been putting miles on the loaner. The thing I notice is the music has zero issues and is a pleasure to listen to. No random static pops but my TSX would have done it at least 2-3 times in a 10 minute drive.

Any ideas? I know I'm not the only one who has complained but this is really annoying me. I just paid the car off and it has 24K miles so I'll have it for a long time still.
Bluetooth is just shit, also old technology. Either learn to live with it, use the working method (aux cable) or spend $$ on a new aftermarket head unit.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:16 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 533 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by icu2tsx
Bluetooth is just shit, also old technology. Either learn to live with it, use the working method (aux cable) or spend $$ on a new aftermarket head unit.
Nice way to put it, haha. I have zero issues with Bluetooth in other cars or headsets. Just the TSX. But I can easily live with it because the Lightning cable sounds better anyways. I just wish I had the option at times.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:04 AM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
My bluetooth connection, start up time, and quality all dramatically increased when I changed to an aftermarket head unit. Even phone calls sound way better now.

Search this Thread