2010 vs 2011 - AcuraZine Community

Log In 


2010 vs 2011

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
stagefoursurvivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 367
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
2010 vs 2011

Could someone summarize the changes & improvements comparing the 2010 & 2011 TSX?
stagefoursurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
 
Colin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,158
Thanked 1,010 Times in 565 Posts
The changes to the 2011 TSX/TSX Sport Wagon are as follows:

Crisper front fascia (including next-generation Acura signature grille and a restyled front bumper design)

Sportier wheels

Revised rear taillights

Base trim adds wood center console styling and rear A/C vents

Base trim with Taupe Interior adds new black carpet and floor mats

Tech package will add metal trim on center console and a revised navigation system, as well as a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that stores navigation data and digital music files (the drive replaces the previous six-disc CD changer)

30 mpg projected highway mpg for wagon, 31 for sedan

Two new colors: Forged Silver Metallic and Graphite Luster Metallic
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
kgs
Registered Member
 
kgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 41
Posts: 97
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Base trim with Taupe Interior adds new black carpet and floor mats
that's a nice touch. I originally wanted taupe, but the light floors scared me. I probably would have gone for the dual colors if given the option.
kgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Trolling Canuckistan
 
black label's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114
Age: 42
Posts: 10,406
Thanked 796 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
The changes to the 2011 TSX/TSX Sport Wagon are as follows:

Crisper front fascia (including next-generation Acura signature grille and a restyled front bumper design)

Sportier wheels

Revised rear taillights

Base trim adds wood center console styling and rear A/C vents

Base trim with Taupe Interior adds new black carpet and floor mats

Tech package will add metal trim on center console and a revised navigation system, as well as a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that stores navigation data and digital music files (the drive replaces the previous six-disc CD changer)

30 mpg projected highway mpg for wagon, 31 for sedan

Two new colors: Forged Silver Metallic and Graphite Luster Metallic
Don't forget search by voice for HDD and ipod on tech models and the power lift gate for the tech wagon (AKA not screwing it up the 1st time around).
black label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
 
09TSXTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Age: 51
Posts: 1,946
Thanked 76 Times in 66 Posts
Here's a picture of the wood centre console from Europe, should be the same on the Base TSX.

09TSXTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
 
fallacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
That fake wood looks so out of place in that car.
fallacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 30
Posts: 297
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
I'm not sure if the link will work but on the Acura site you can do a comparison of 2010 vs 2011. The link is for V6 w/Tech.

http://www.acura.com/tools/Competiti...26827&v1=30612
s40 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
stagefoursurvivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 367
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Mpg?

Just looked at further details, how can the MT get poorer MPG that the AT on the 4cylinder engine?
Anyone have pix of the rearseat vents?
stagefoursurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
 
TSX69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 3,762
Thanked 891 Times in 442 Posts
Red face OK Wait ....

So the base model gets wood trim in the center & based upon the pics @ www.acura.com, the tech gets matching plastic like the 09-10 had? That seems so wrong & almost backwards ... I think that matching plastic should be standard & the wood trim (or metal) should be an option.

I guess they really are trying to make their cars more luxury-esque (from what I can tell, chrome on the outside & wood on the inside equates to luxury in the market ...)
TSX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
Registered Member
 
ressling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 940
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallacy View Post
That fake wood looks so out of place in that car.
Completely agree. Fake wood = ; besides, women don't like fake wood! They want the real deal! hahahaha
ressling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 50
Posts: 753
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSX69 View Post
So the base model gets wood trim in the center & based upon the pics @ www.acura.com, the tech gets matching plastic like the 09-10 had? That seems so wrong & almost backwards ... I think that matching plastic should be standard & the wood trim (or metal) should be an option.

I guess they really are trying to make their cars more luxury-esque (from what I can tell, chrome on the outside & wood on the inside equates to luxury in the market ...)
Kind of... The trim on the console, dash & steering wheel is now darker grey instead of aluminum looking silver. The plastic in the center console is dark stained wood in base and a dark grey herringbone carbon fiber like in the tech. The new tech console trim looks cheaper IMO compared to the 2010 trim.
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 50
Posts: 753
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ressling View Post
Completely agree. Fake wood = ; besides, women don't like fake wood! They want the real deal! hahahaha
I guess women won't like any Acura then since it is all fake.
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
Old Guy
 
Simba91102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,861
Thanks: 0
Thanked 155 Times in 136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagefoursurvivor View Post
Just looked at further details, how can the MT get poorer MPG that the AT on the 4cylinder engine?
Anyone have pix of the rearseat vents?
It's all about the final drive. The AT cruises at considerably lower revs versus the MT at any given speed. That accounts for the highway mileage, and I must admit that I'm surprised that the AT city figure is higher too.
Simba91102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
 
npolite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Drexel Hill, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 638
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
The newer chrome around the grill makes the finish look less offensive. The inside with the silver finish looks nice. The finish still doesn't compare IMO to the 1st gen. It had more pop to it and didn't look as fake. I still don't know what the deal is with getting rid of the chrome, I think it makes the car more classy compared to the black plastic which makes it look cheap. Also Honda really needs to get in their heads the use of knobs. There are just too many buttons on the console which makes it look like a mess.

No offense to everyone out there who has a 2nd gen but buying a used 1st gen TSX even with the fewer gizmos was better IMO then buying a new 2nd gen. When the time comes for the 3rd gen TSX and maybe I'm ready to buy I hope seriously overhaul the interior otherwise I'm probably going with another car manufacture.

Last edited by npolite; 11-27-2010 at 07:43 PM.
npolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
 
pinatubo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 386
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
I didn't go into detail much but according to acura.com, the obvious, big difference between the TSX2011 and the TSX2010 is the rear-seat vent right behind the arm-rest console.
I may not look carefully but I don't see the HDD (hard drive), the SH-AWD mentioned. Still using the huge security key. I guess same HP, same torque, same physical dimensions.
pinatubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
 
pinatubo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 386
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Some other physical differences that I can see according to the pix
+ front grill
+ fog-light housing (silver or chrome now)
+ tail-light (the white part)
+ seem to have chrome on the steering wheel
+ and no more Grigio
pinatubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
 
shmork53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland OR
Age: 33
Posts: 268
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npolite View Post
The newer chrome around the grill makes the finish look less offensive. The inside with the silver finish looks nice. The finish still doesn't compare IMO to the 1st gen. It had more pop to it and didn't look as fake. I still don't know what the deal is with getting rid of the chrome, I think it makes the car more classy compared to the black plastic which makes it look cheap. Also Honda really needs to get in their heads the use of knobs. There are just too many buttons on the console which makes it look like a mess.

No offense to everyone out there who has a 2nd gen but buying a used 1st gen TSX even with the fewer gizmos was better IMO then buying a new 2nd gen. When the time comes for the 3rd gen TSX and maybe I'm ready to buy I hope seriously overhaul the interior otherwise I'm probably going with another car manufacture.
+1, I was on the fence about the 2nd gen until I had one as a service loaner. No way will I buy that car, not for $30k. The 2nd best day of ownership with my current 1 gen TSX was the day I got it back and was able to give the 2nd gen back to the dealer. Come one 3rd gen!

I will say the 2011 is an improvement but still has a long way to go.

Last edited by shmork53; 12-02-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: updated to keep on topic
shmork53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
 
Tannis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 35
Posts: 495
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Just got done looking at a '10 and '11 both in pearl white side by side at the dealer. I knew the tails got rosey but come on! lol. other than that one nice change is the stock 17" wheels. They're more sharply cut and a more aluminum type finish. Very nice touch. But I'm still slightly offended about the change to the front fascia. In a way it looks better in terms of fit and finish. Like its complete. But I'm not fond of the protruding fog light housings. The new interior trim was a very nice almost graphite color that I'm actually considering swapping out my dark metal trim pieces for it. Just meshes better withthe color of the dash. Not to mention there is a chrome lip piece on the trunk lid that doesn't really jive with my inner mojo. Anywho, I think it is still a very marketable car but along with a couple of posters above, it still needs some fine tuning and it needs to get back that aggressive look it seemed to have lost in model year '11.
Tannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
 
Tannis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 35
Posts: 495
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Oh yeah. One more thing. Looks like the '11 sits about 1/2" or a touch more lower.
Tannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
 
cyberbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 385
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TSXTech View Post
Here's a picture of the wood centre console from Europe, should be the same on the Base TSX.

puke puke puke
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #21
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannis View Post
Just got done looking at a '10 and '11 both in pearl white side by side at the dealer. I knew the tails got rosey but come on! lol. other than that one nice change is the stock 17" wheels. They're more sharply cut and a more aluminum type finish. Very nice touch. But I'm still slightly offended about the change to the front fascia. In a way it looks better in terms of fit and finish. Like its complete. But I'm not fond of the protruding fog light housings. The new interior trim was a very nice almost graphite color that I'm actually considering swapping out my dark metal trim pieces for it. Just meshes better withthe color of the dash. Not to mention there is a chrome lip piece on the trunk lid that doesn't really jive with my inner mojo. Anywho, I think it is still a very marketable car but along with a couple of posters above, it still needs some fine tuning and it needs to get back that aggressive look it seemed to have lost in model year '11.
Are the pink tails really that bad? I still can't for the life of me comprehend what Acura was thinking in that regard....
Kronos595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #22
Registered Member
 
Tannis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 35
Posts: 495
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos595 View Post
Are the pink tails really that bad? I still can't for the life of me comprehend what Acura was thinking in that regard....
As I walked up to the car I saw the tail end first. I immediately thought someone was trying to turn this into a chick car. No offense ladies. ;-D

Seriously, the little things that they did look like it was an effort to put some class on the car. Some luxury styling cues I guess. But all in all I think it was a failed effort. Sadly. But the wheels are pretty sweet. If I weren't upgrading to 18s in the summer I'd totally swap out for these.
Tannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #23
2008 Acura 3.2TL
 
ParaSurfer1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wilmington, NC
Age: 37
Posts: 3,131
Thanked 110 Times in 88 Posts
Lets not also forget to add that the 2011's Navi screen is VGA. The wood could be worse guys. It could bet fake light wood. The wood seems to be the same as my 08 TL with taupe interior. Granted theres not nearly as much wood in my car in one area in my cars center console vs. the TSX.
ParaSurfer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
 
Rocktman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallacy View Post
That fake wood looks so out of place in that car.
I like the look of our TSX interior, but my wife wishes it had wood like our previous Acuras.
Rocktman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 58
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktman1 View Post
I like the look of our TSX interior, but my wife wishes it had wood like our previous Acuras.
Wonder if dealers will be selling and installing the wood inserts. I haven't seen the wood inserts yet and probably won't' like them but I'm planning on buying a 2011 TSX V6 with Nav and who knows, I might like them and would like to have the option.
tcwatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #26
it's a car-drive it
 
nj2pa2nc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,384
Thanked 261 Times in 198 Posts
just received notice-the 2011 tsx is now on sale and is on the acura website
nj2pa2nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 50
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just drove a 10 TSX with Technology and then a 12 TL SH-AWD with Advanced. TOUGH decision. Since the TSX is a 2010 and TL is 2012 with the AWD system and better wheels, the wheel difference actually seems worth the cost difference. I'm frugal, but the 12 TL with all the options is outstanding. I need to check out the visual on an 11 TSX to get an idea about how different the wheels are. Until today I did not realize they made such a difference. Anyone have a photo of TSX 11 wheels?
ginamber is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proud new owner of a 2008 RDX!! adrian_s2k First Generation RDX (2007-2012) 23 01-12-2016 04:25 PM
SOLD: 2010 TSX New Wheel and Tire johnalfa Car Parts for Sale 7 11-05-2015 06:44 PM
2008 TL Type-S restoration underway! LogicWavelength 3G TL Photograph Gallery 33 11-01-2015 09:38 AM
2016 ILX vs. 2014 Lexus ES300h?? thoughts? marinrain Acura ILX Discussion 5 10-06-2015 12:36 AM
2010 Acura TL Tech iPod Navigation TLguy42 4G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation 0 09-26-2015 11:27 AM


Tags
2010, 2011, acura, base, buy, difference, differences, dufference, interior, ipod, navigation, package, system, tech, trim, tsx, wood

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.



Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Acurazine.com content, comments, or advertising. Acurazine.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Acurazine.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.