Service check connector

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service check connector

​​​​​​​
I want to to check why my abs and tcs lights are on. I found a video on YouTube where he jumps the service check connector under the passenger side dash. Is this the correct wire? It has 2 wires brown/yellow n green coming out of it. Is this the correct wire. And does this method work were you count how many times each light blinks?
Old 01-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
No. The TL is OBD II. The service connector is in the vicinity of the ash tray in the center console and requires a code reader. I don't know if ALB codes can be read out with the same reader.

The procedure you mentioned is for OBD I cars.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
That is not the OBDII por as mentioned above...
That port I believe is for the SRS Diagnostics.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:31 PM
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
You want to connect pins 4 & 9 on the OBDII connector, which is located behind a removable piece of plastic under the "ash tray"/cig lighter. The connector will have pin numbers at each corner, so make sure to look carefully to know how the pin numbering goes. You can use a solid (not stranded) jumper wire or a paperclip as long as it's not too thick. Then turn ignition to ON and your dash will start counting codes for you.

I would download the FSM so you know which indicator to read along with the code meanings.

ETA: Actually for the '03 I believe the port is below the dash under the steering wheel.

Also, make sure you don't press the brake pedal when checking the codes. The brake pedal is used to clear the code while the SCS line is jumped.

Last edited by SuperGreg; 01-30-2017 at 01:35 PM.