HELP! D5 light blinking, VSA light on, Check Engine Light On!!!

Old 03-18-2007, 05:58 PM
The Brown dit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! D5 light blinking, VSA light on, Check Engine Light On!!!

Hey guys, so i just had my transmission rebuilt about a week and a half ago. Today was the first day that the steptronic was used. A little bit after my D5 light started blinking, the check engine light is on and the VSA light is on. If i put the car it steptronic...nothing happens it doesnt show what gear im in and it doesnt drive differently...i put it in D4 which then lights up but D5 continues to blink. I have pressed the VSA button but nothing happens. In terms of how the car drives...its revving very high and not shifting in high gears. i went 60 on the highway and the car revving close to 4k. Help if you know anything..havent had a chance to go run and see what code the car is putting out but yeah...anyone have any experience??? Please Help!!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Instructor

I would take it back to the people that rebuilt it. How many miles were on it? It wasn't covered by acura anymore?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:15 PM
The Brown dit

The car only has 64k miles on it...im going to take it back tomorrow..since its sunday they arent open so i figured id get some info before i take it back...the car wasnt covered under acura warranty anymore. They said the VIN was not covered by acura's transmisson warranty that they extended. Luckily im a dork and a firm believer in extended warranties and bought one. I had to pay a deductible when they rebuilt but it was like 100. The place that did the tranny work said they will warranty there work for a year but i just want my damn car back in one piece before it gets warm. Have you ever heard of these problems?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Sometimes the ECU goes bad or a selenoid, cars- go figure

Just take it back and sincec its a failure they wont charge you the deductible
UNLESS its a part external to the trans like the shift selenoids
Old 03-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Banned

Read This. Don't Go Through What I Had To

Okay... I went through this hell..

Visually check the car.. and see if any of the bolts on the transmission has been touched at all... There was a shop that claimed to change my transmission a while back, but NEVER touched a thing on the car.. just did a drain/refill on the car instead of replacing the tranny all together.

I hope they reflashed or gave you a new ECU for the new tranny.... I wish I could give you mine, .. just pulled it out.. but you have a type-s so I can't help you there with that.

Go to an Aamco transmission shop.. and have someone look at it for you, get the diagnostic sheet from them.. (it's free for an aamco mechanic to run a diagnostic on yoru car)... bring that back to the shop you got your tranny rebuilt at.. they can't say shit to you if another professional provides you a receipt of a diagnostic performed from the same job those repair dudes did for your transmission. This.. will be your weapon.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Back in a Type S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ac5320
The car only has 64k miles on it...im going to take it back tomorrow..since its sunday they arent open so i figured id get some info before i take it back...the car wasnt covered under acura warranty anymore. They said the VIN was not covered by acura's transmisson warranty that they extended. Luckily im a dork and a firm believer in extended warranties and bought one. I had to pay a deductible when they rebuilt but it was like 100. The place that did the tranny work said they will warranty there work for a year but i just want my damn car back in one piece before it gets warm. Have you ever heard of these problems?
Hey, what dealership told you that you weren't covered?!?! I had the same thing happen to me. (I had an 03 that wasn't "covered") I simply called Acura Client Services and explained to them what had happened. Within 24 hours the dealership called me back saying that they would do a "good faith" replacement.

Why didn't you have it serviced at the dealer anyway if you bought an extended warranty? I don't know if you are SOL now that you have had it fixed somewhere else, but I would check into that. Not too many people on here have had any luck with rebuilds from AAMCO or any other non-dealer repair shop...good luck
Old 03-19-2007, 08:26 AM
The Brown dit

hey guys

I am 99% positive they replaced the transmission because it went in needing a differential bearing ( i know less then nothing about cars) basically the car was making this ryhtmic noise at around 40mph and that noise would increase as it went faster. That noise is gone and the car drives smooth. Untill yesterday when everything just crapped the bed. The reason why i didnt go to an acura dealer was because teh extended warranty was saying they only cover 75 an hour for labor Clair acura charges 90 and they have the ability to replace brand new parts with used parts. so they tried to put a 60k used transmission from a junk tls in connecticut in my car. I would rather have mine rebuilt then get someone elses so i told htem to rebuild mine. The dealer wanted 4800 for a new trany adn the warranty company said they will only cover 1600. All in all NO ONE BUY A BUYERS CHOICE WARRANTY! they are horrible to say the least. I found out my neighbor is a tech at clair acura of boston so he is going to try and get me a good faith transmission today. Meanwhile im going to call this acura client services and see waht they say.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM
deal with it

Received 378 Likes on 316 Posts
....i would go to that dealer and find out why they are making shit up.....they have to put in a new one they don't have a choice.....mine was brought in through fieght because they didn't have any in stock.....they didn't tell me shit about anything they know better because i would have just gotten the number to the district/regional acura office and told i have a dealer thats not honoring a recall that was placed on my car.....they don't have a choice in this they have to replace any tranny thats on that recall.......for free and give you a loaner.......and do it with a smile........
Old 03-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
dreem

Only the first few months of 03 cars are included in the extended trans warranty.
Thats why everyone should register their car with acura and know now what you have

Its all about VIN number- but with the continued problems I would ask for help anyway.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:44 AM
The Brown dit

I am asking for help anyway with acura client services. My VIN is not covered under that warranty.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
deal with it

Received 378 Likes on 316 Posts
the was someone that had the same problem and they covered him even with it out of warranty......(i can't find the thread)......because even your car isn't under that recall your having the same problem as the ones that are and its not a one and a million shot here........just keep going through the ranks........someone has to say they will cover it.......
Old 03-19-2007, 03:19 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Rebuilding the transmission elsewhere won't be as good as the newly updated factory transmissions. The updated factory ones include modified internal oil passages to increase oil flow and cooling among other factory modifications, which rebuilding shops will never aware of. So aftermarket rebuilt transmissions will fail the same way later on after collected enough mileage.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

Rebuilding the transmission is a waste of money, it'll inevitably die on you. Get the updated tranny everyone's been getting. Shit, client services would gover $1,600 for you? They didn't do shit for me. Good luck, hopefully your friend can pull through
Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 PM
The Brown dit

Heard back today and acura will cover my car! my neighbor is going to come over and read the codes just to make sure...(we are about 96% sure its the tranny and not the temp sensor) and then he will order the part and I just have to wait for it...very happy to hopefully have my baby back. Help for everyone: stay away from that warranty company Buyers choice. I wrote a nasty nasty letter to the president of the company...telling him how much he sucks.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

p1739 and p1750

Hey Everyone, I had the blinking d5 and vsa, now the cel is staying on. After the car sat it seems to drive ok, took it to autozone and the codes were p1739 and p1750. Any suggestions?? Is it possible that it is the clutch pressure switch? Thanks.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
You're going to need a tranny pretty soon buddy. Anything you try can prolong it for a bit, more than likely it will buy you some time.
Save up for a tranny or a 6mt
Old 12-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
i've heard oddesy trannies work great in our cars