My $300 TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 01:52 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My $300 TL

Hey Acura Page, my name is Luis, I'm 18, and I'm now the proud owner of a 2nd Gen TL. I got her for $300, 247K miles from my cousin. The tranny was recently replaced as well so that's a big plus. I changed the oil. Although she has 247K, she runs so good. I got her in Rhode Island and drove her back to New York doing 80+mph and I had no problems whatsoever. The car internally I think is strong, however there are a few things that worry me about it.
The Main worries for me are the lights that are on the dash. The CEL (Check Engine Light) Isn't on, but there are 3 others that I don't know what they are. The TCS, ABS, and SRS. I Don't know what any of these lights are or how to turn it off. I've done a little research on it and I've read that the TCS light is supposed to be on. That's about all I've read so far, I'm still new here lol. These lights are on but she still runs amazing, in manual mode too. Now onto cosmetics... SHE IS UGLY and PROUD. Lol, she isn't the best looking car I'll tell you that much. The TL needs to be detailed badly on the inside. The interior is like 5/10 right now. Its just bad. The outside isn't the worst, but it isn't show off material either. My sunroof won't close all the way and I don't know why. It is literally missing like an inch to close completely, but it just won't. My headlights are yellow as hell, and my front bumper either needs to be taken on so I can put it on correctly, or I just need a whole new front bumper. ON TOP OF ALL THIS, SHE NEEDS A WASH BADLY.

Well, that's about a good sum up of my new car. Its not about the outside, its about how she runs, and that she does very well. With that all out of the way, can i get some opinions on what I should do? Modifications, best detailing places, how to turn off lights, etc. Anything you guys can help me with will be greatly appreciated. I'm glad to be a part of this community now.

*pics coming soon*
Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
LOL getting a TL for dirt cheap is becoming a thing now..

Those 3 lights are usually a problem with an ABS Speed Sensor at least that has been the answer when it usually pops up in the forums.
It wont throw a check engine but an ABS code that has to be read on the same OBDII plug with a good reader, Cheapo Autozone wont read ABS codes out of the OBDII port.

Congrats on your purchase and Welcome to the Forums!
Old 03-21-2017, 06:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
As far as detailing I think youd be fine to do that yourself and for mods I think you would be better served fixing whats wrong first and getting it baselined ensuring all PM is up to date.

Regarding the sunroof Im pretty sure there is a manual close function for the sunroof check your owners manual.

Welcome