K-002: Window control/window won't roll down/window reset procedure

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had this problem too and it was the battery.. the battery was "going" bad. the car was running fine, but stuff started malfunctioning. From the driver's side I could roll the windows but from the door with the window I could.. Also Memory settings weren't getting reset when I got back in car.. Telecoping whell stayed retracted. At least this is what the dealer said when they replaced my battery under warranty.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
Can't roll down rear windows rom driver seat

I just noticed that I can no longer put the rear windows down from the drivers seat. The windows both work b/c I can make them go up n down if i use the button that is in the rear doors. So the person who sits back there can control the window from their seat , but I can't control it from the driver's seat.

It's not the window "lockout" button. That has no effect on this problem. It's doing it when the lockout is not depressed, so all window buttons are illuminated and theoretically should work.

The only guess I have about what could have anything to do wigth this is that right before I experienced theorobkem I had been washing and detailing the car in my garage and had the stereo going so long that I ran the battery so low that it barely started. When it sid start I had all these error messages to chech abs airbags awd etc etc. I turned car off shut it closed it alarm on. Then unlocked it and restarted the car and all the Erie massages were gone. It was later that day I noticed rear windows couldn't be controlled from drivers seat.

I can Stijl raise and lower the driver and front passenge window from the drives seat.

Anyo
e know why this is happening?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Advanced

Check your child safety locks. It's a white switch when you open the rear doors close to the hinges
Old 10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JuanCT
Check your child safety locks. It's a white switch when you open the rear doors close to the hinges
I had the same problem with my 05 RL and it's not the "child safty lock"....

andone else had this problem with their RL??
Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Advanced

Well lets see if he tries it first before we assume it's not the child safety locks..When I brought the car to the dealer last week they must've done a safety point check covering across the vehicle and I like to check everything before I leave the dealer just in case..The rear windows would not open from the drivers side after double checking the safety locks on Both sides they were both locked
Old 10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JuanCT
Well lets see if he tries it first before we assume it's not the child safety locks..When I brought the car to the dealer last week they must've done a safety point check covering across the vehicle and I like to check everything before I leave the dealer just in case..The rear windows would not open from the drivers side after double checking the safety locks on Both sides they were both locked
Very True - good call on that..
Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Drifting

it's not the child locks. I should have mentioned that in my first post...I also thought of that...go out and put the kid locks in both positions.... window won't work regardless what you do to the child locks.

the window does, however, work when you push the switch IN the door...so it's not the window motor.

weird. i can open the front and front passenger window from the drivers door panel.... but the rear windows will NOT open.

i'll mess with it some more today at lunch. if I can't fix it today, i'll take it in. this is why I bought the car iwth a CPO!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
isn't this the window resset issue. sorry, I don't have the info or link, but you can search on reset windows
Old 10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by getakey
isn't this the window resset issue. sorry, I don't have the info or link, but you can search on reset windows
FIXED!! you called it! i searched for "window reset" and found this thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=window+reset

fixed it instantly. you just go to the "problem" window, and roll it down, and continue to hold the button in the down position for 5 seconds...then roll it all the way up and continue to hold the button in the up position for 5 seconds. window is reset and the drivers pad then will control that window again. i did it for each rear window.

WHY this happened to my car all of a sudden, I don't know, but it must have had something to do with running the power all the way down to zero and draining my battery. maybe i need a new battery. nice to know that nothing is really wrong with the car.

I love my RL. it is SUCH a wonderful car. I bought mine used/CPO..and what a deal I got. my brother in law just bought a brand new toyota Corolla...with CLOTH..and he paid MORE for that "car" than I paid for my RL...... yeah it's new....but it's a tin can/death trap/econobox.

anyway..windows are fixed! thanks guys!

The following 3 users liked this post by 23109VC:
mennis876 (04-26-2015), Pthomas (03-18-2013), t_dubya (09-28-2012)
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the quick fix Bob. I had this happen to my passenger rear window.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Drivers Power Window Control

Recently it has failed intermittently, won't go down. Turn the car off, start 30 minutes later and it works again; only that window switch has the problem.

Anyone else have the problem? Still in warranty but I'm curious of this is a common problem.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Have you tried resetting the controls? There are instructions to do so on this site. Here they are:

Press and hold the button to put the window the whole way down, then hold for 5 seconds after the window is down.
Let go of the button.
Press and hold the button to put the window the whole way up then hold for 5 seconds after the window is up.
Your windows should now be reset.

Last edited by neuronbob; 02-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hello Rob.

Just got a Rl today i am having an issue with closing the car using the dimple when i touch the dimple to lock it does nothing it opens fine within the handles. If this a issue?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Drifting

i had some problems with mine initially...but it might have been something I was doing wrong... mine work fine now. every once in a while it doesn't work... i wonder if the battery in my key is low and it doesn't "sense" it???

if it's opening with the keyless system, however, then it must sense it...

if it won't work, go to the dealer. that's the beauty of CPO...which my RL is as well. they will take care of it!

enjoy the car..you will love it. the RL is a GREAT car. the more I drive it the more I like it. for the money, this is an AMAZING luxury/sport sedan.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Tea
Hello Rob.

Just got a Rl today i am having an issue with closing the car using the dimple when i touch the dimple to lock it does nothing it opens fine within the handles. If this a issue?
Door handles have had problems and many of us have had them replaced under warranty. A lot of folks also seem to have problems when they're wet, particularly after washing the car. Yours may be wet or in need of replacement.

LL
Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor

It's the same in my Mazdaspeed 6.. with Auto up/down windows.

You don't need to roll it all the way down either, just roll it down a few inches, then back up and HOLD the switch up for a few seconds, then it should work fine, as stated above

-AJ
Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thx Bob!!
i was having same problemwith Rear right window. I have change battery also start working again.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Instructor

Hi, i am having problem with rear rolling window too. After installing the Pa15-acuxl i forgot to disconnect the battery and some wire inside the dash touches the metal inside the car and it drain the battery. The car could not start the next morning so i have to jumpstart it and now it just runs fine. However, the rear passenger windows can't either roll up or down. I thought it was the broken fuse in the fuse hood. but if it's not that than what could that be? Can you guy help me out.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Advanced

window contol

i can not put down my rear windows from the driver controls,they only go down with the individual switches in the rear,the front windows do go up and down...any suggestions ?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Racer

you need to do a window reset:

(From Neuronbob in another thread)

Easy fix.

Press and hold the button to roll each problem window all the way down, then hold for 5 seconds after the window is down. Let go of the button. Press and hold the button to put the window the whole way up then hold for 5 seconds after the window is up. your windows should now be reset and can be controlled from the drivers window controls.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Advanced

ill let you know if it works thanks !
Old 07-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Racer

I had the same problem in my RL after the battery went bad. I tried the fix above and it worked. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Don't forget to do the sunroof, so if you want to use your fob to open up all the windows and sunroof, it will work too. (press unlock button once, then hold it the second time and they will all open)
Old 07-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Cruisin'

I've had a problem with my driver window as well. For some reason when i use the "one touch" auto up window button it goes about 90% up and then goes back down about half way. Has anyone run into this problem? it happens about 60% of the time. i've resetted the window twice and it still does the same thing.

Any solutions?
Old 07-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
i just want to bump this thread b/c i had the same problem last weekend... i went to the dealer. and i think they drained my battery b/c when i went to the gas station my car wouldn't start

moments later went to the park and i couldn't get my right side mirror to go down. i was mad. but decided to chill out and call the dealer. they didn't know.. decided to go on my car forum... acura zine.

and BAM!!!! found the solution....

thanks guys for this tip...
Old 10-10-2010, 06:10 PM
1st Gear

Worked For Me!

I am so glad I found this thread! This worked. Thanks so Much! Saved me a $100 diagnostic fee
Old 10-21-2010, 06:25 PM
10th Gear

I have the same problem, except it seems like the motor in the auto window isnt working to its full potential. Would it be the battery maybe? thinking of just taking it to the dealership.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Question window problem need help

whats up my fellow ziners!!! my front passenger side window wont roll down from the drivers controls but the other 3 windows all work properly. u can only roll down the FP side window from the FP side door but the auto feature does not work. this happen after i went threw a drive threw car wash. has anyone had this problem before or have any suggestions on what i can try to fix this problem? any help would be deeply appreciated and thanks in advance.

btw i have a 05.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
use FP control to roll window all the way down and hold it down for about 5 seconds once the window is down, then roll it up and keep the button pressed up for about 5 seconds once the window is up, then go try it from the driver's armrest controls
Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Probably worth posting again...we do it at least twice a year, why should this year be any different?

2006 RL Sunroof Reset and Window Reset
According to the Sevice Manual, In order to reset the Moonroof Control Unit do these steps:
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Press and hold the tilt switch and turn the ignition switch ON (II).
3. Release the tilt switch and turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 four times.
5. Press and hold the moonroof open switch until 3 seconds after the moonroof is fully opened.
6. Press and hold the moonroof close switch until 3 seconds after the moonroof is fully closed (tilted).
7. Confirm that the moonroof is reset by using the moonroof AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function.
To reset the EACH problem window, do these steps from the individual window control, NOT the driver's master control panel:

Press and hold the button to roll each problem window all the way down, then hold for 5 seconds after the window is down. Let go of the button. Press and hold the button to put the window the whole way up then hold for 5 seconds after the window is up. your windows should now be reset and can be controlled from the drivers window controls.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Burning Brakes

thanks guys i will give it a try and i hope it works, its funny how they made the windows function like this and i wonder what the benefits are.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
You are setting limits for the auto reverse function. If a hand or finger is caught in between the sunroof or the window, it automatically retracts.

The bigger question, is why one side lost the programming. How old is your battery?
Old 01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 843 Posts
Originally Posted by Chas2
The bigger question, is why one side lost the programming. How old is your battery?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Burning Brakes

the battery was replaced on 01/02/2010 so its about one years old.
has anyone heard of just the one side not working? or usually its all that stop working at the same time?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Own 05 RL and have never had this problem in over 5 years. Now, today I read this thread this morning and then go out for lunch - Rear Windows do not work from Driver controls.
Also, passenger side only works in Full Auto, but does not work if I disable full auto for all windows.
Battery is not new, but not that old either.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Advanced

window problems...

My battery died a couple days ago but I've replaced it and now it works fine. But for some reason I can't roll down any of the windows besides my window. But the passenger can roll down the window with their own button?? Also I'm hearing a whining noise now from low speeds or idle that sounds like a supercharger. Alternator? or...??
Old 03-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Got this from Chas2 he posted this in another tread. Hopes this helps.

2006 RL Sunroof Reset and Window Reset
According to the Sevice Manual, In order to reset the Moonroof Control Unit do these steps:
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Press and hold the tilt switch and turn the ignition switch ON (II).
3. Release the tilt switch and turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 four times.
5. Press and hold the moonroof open switch until 3 seconds after the moonroof is fully opened.
6. Press and hold the moonroof close switch until 3 seconds after the moonroof is fully closed (tilted).
7. Confirm that the moonroof is reset by using the moonroof AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function.
To reset the EACH problem window, do these steps from the individual window control, NOT the driver's master control panel:

Old 03-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Put the ignition swithc ON II.
then go to each window (passenger , left and right rear passengers ) and hold UP for 3 sec the window switch and then hold it down for another 3 sec.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Advanced

thanks i got the window fixed. Now I'm not sure about the whining noise at idle and driving or even low revs it whines louder
Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear

Window Reset Works

Used my key fob to roll down all my windows on a hot day. Driver's side only descended half way. Then I noticed the auto down for the driver's window did not work. Also, the auto down for all windows and sunroof via the key fob did not work . .. But wait . . .

Did a little reading on this wonderful resource . . . and viola! The window reset process (down, hold 5 seconds, up, hold 5 seconds) fixed the problem.

To clarify, be sure to the "hold 5 seconds" is with the down button and not the auto down button.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: K-002: Window control/window won't roll down/window reset procedure