Triangle with "!" at startup, and VSA

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Triangle with "!" at startup, and VSA

Hi all.. I need some guidance into what has happened to my 2010 RL....

I had my mechanic replace the two front tires yesterday as they were at the end of their life. Then he recommended I take my car to the local Firestone for an alignment and also take advantage of the lifetime alignment currently on sale for $169.99.. I followed his advice and took my car in this morning... It was working fine.. I dropped it off and when I picked it up I was told "as soon as we started your car the VSA and the triangle with "!" came on.. Now I know that's not true as it's never happened to me.

Does anyone know if the alignment they performed could've caused this or if they caused something to the VSA.. I'm also having a hard time finding out what does the triangle with "!" mean...
Old 01-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
You likely have a TPMS issue. If there is any error from the TPMS, the VSA will be locked "on" and the car will notify you. Since you said the tires were replaced, take the car back and have them check the TPMS system.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cobra10363
Hi all.. I need some guidance into what has happened to my 2010 RL....

I had my mechanic replace the two front tires yesterday as they were at the end of their life. Then he recommended I take my car to the local Firestone for an alignment and also take advantage of the lifetime alignment currently on sale for $169.99.. I followed his advice and took my car in this morning... It was working fine.. I dropped it off and when I picked it up I was told "as soon as we started your car the VSA and the triangle with "!" came on.. Now I know that's not true as it's never happened to me.

Does anyone know if the alignment they performed could've caused this or if they caused something to the VSA.. I'm also having a hard time finding out what does the triangle with "!" mean...
I suppose that there's no possibility that one of the techs accidentally turned it off at the switch?
Old 01-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

I don't have a switch or a button.. That was the first thing i looked for.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:01 PM
Intermediate

All: A quick update here on my light with a triangle coming on at start up and when driving past 25 mph, the "Check VSA System" comes on..

Well after thinking of it, I made the choice to take it to my mechanic this morning.. He told me it would either be two thins. One, when I took it in for a four-wheel alignment, they either broke one of the ABS, traction, wheel sensors, or it just needs to be re-calibrated.. Well he called me four hours later and he told me he had fixed the car. I asked him what was the issue and he said he plugged his Matco Maximus scanner to the car and it gave him Code "84-10" with description "Sensor Logic Vailure". He then did a code reset and a "calibration" with the scanner and it cleared both of the Triangle with "!". Then he test drove it to see if the "Check VSA System came on, and it didn't.. He believes when the alignment was done it threw the calibration off..

I'm just glad the folks at Firestone didn't break anything.. He told he also may stop recommending customers to them if this continues to happen as it would be their responsibility to ensure they re calibrate and clear all the codes.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and efforts to assist. I hope this helps someone.
The following 4 users liked this post by cobra10363:
justnspace (01-30-2017), nickelrw87 (03-21-2018), oo7spy (01-31-2017), projektvertx (01-30-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having a similar experience - the car went in for an alternator check - they hooked the terminals to their tester, revved the engine, and a few minutes later, I have the triangle then VSA light on. I have had no TPMS sensors and removed the TPMS fuse many months ago, but this is new. Expensive code scanner lists multiple failures including ABS lack of communication, VSA calibration failure, VAS system, yaw rate sensor, lateral acceleration sensor, brake pressure sensor, abs/tpms system.

Alternator was recently replaced but kept throwing charging system lights with low voltage, hence returning for the alternator check where the job was done. The manager tried to reset the codes twice and the vsa light remained, telling me I probably need a (ballpark) $900 sensor that has nothing to do with the recent service and alternator test.

Any ideas what happened or how to clear the computer? Pretty pissed seeing as my car is in more trouble after they touched it.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
What's the VSA error?
Old 02-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Intermediate

I will update the specific codes when I get a proper scan at a service center, but it looked like there were multiple codes including sensors and lack of communication. Here's some new info, though - brake fluid level is normal, but the high mount LED brake light does not work, and the circular LED brake pattern is rater dim. Hoping this could just be from a bad brake switch?
Old 02-21-2017, 02:27 PM
1st Gear

Hello.

I have had a similar issue on my European Honda Legend KB1. Try the solution in this forum, this solved the issue for me.

Regards,
Simonas R.