SRS Module in 2005 Acura RL

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 08:17 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SRS Module in 2005 Acura RL

I have a 2005 Acura RL, it needs another SRS module according to the dealership. They checked why the airbag light was on and told me the code was F3-11 (defective SRS).They wanted to charge $1300 total (parts and labor)for a new SRS. The vehicle is clean, runs well and the reason the airbag light came on was due to intentional damage to the headlights which have been fixed. The seatbelt tensioner was repaired after it was stuck.

Can I buy a used SRS module and get it programmed. $1300 is too damn much.

SRS Component Replacement/Inspection After Deployment

NOTE: Before doing any SRS repairs, use the HDS SRS menu method to check for DTCs; refer to the DTC Troubleshooting Index for the less obvious deployed parts (seat belt tensioners, front impact sensors, side airbag sensors, etc.)

After a collision where the seat belt tensioners deployed, replace these items:
  • SRS unit
  • Seat belt tensioners
  • Seat belt outer lap tensioner
  • Front impact sensors

Last edited by Geonico; 02-22-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added info from service manual
Old 09-15-2017, 04:19 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Srs unit reset

I know I might be a little too late, but maybe this can help someone else out. Just get the module reset! There's companies out there that can do it for you at a fraction of the cost! New one would be like $800-900.

I used Safety Restore (www.SafetyRestore.com) and got mine reset for 50 bucks. Compare that to $800.

They were really helpful and have a 24hr turnaround time- which I really liked.

Same with the seat belts, they repair them too. Got mine done at $65 a piece - compared to $500 each from the dealer.

Everything works perfectly now